ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence to Jacksonville

The Jaguars are the Jets of the south. Good franchises can make mediocre QBs successful, and bad franchises make good QBs disappear. The Jags rush young QBs to play on teams with poor lines and usually average skill positions.

Lamar Jackson on probably any other team besides the Ravens would have disappeared by now, but the Ravens OC was smart enough to design an offense around his skill set and surround him with the talent to succeed. That’s what a good franchise does. The Jags don’t put young QBs, or any QB, in a position to thrive. I’m a Falcons fan, so I know what it is like to route for a crappy franchise. Only the Falcons could waste talent like Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, but hey we did win 75% of a Super Bowl.

The NFL should have relegation like the Premier League. The Falcons, Jags and Lions could go play P5 teams until they get their act together.

Very happy for the jags franchise. Live in Jax for a few year near kernen and Atlantic out East. Love it there. Went to around 6-7 games and awesome tailgating experience compared to Miami. Hope this saves their franchise from talks of being moved.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Jax keeps having losing seasons and top draft picks. I don't see anything there that will change this trend from continuing. Trevor should force a trade to a team with a good front office and coaching staff like Eli and Elway.

Reactions: UCF_Diver39
Current ownership (Tony Khan) is a blight on that franchise. Bad ownership = bad results, in total, and for individual players as well (or they leave). Most franchises can point directly to this.

I'm a Seaturkey's fan. There was average-to-bad management before Paul Allen took over 21 years. The original ownership was just that. They kind of knew what they were doing but didn't at the same time. The team floundered. Then Ken Behring and Ken Hoffman bought it from the original owners in 1988. They were horrible. These nimrods even moved the football operations out of Seattle to California. Then Paul Allen bought them for the 1997 season (right before the season started) and things have been pretty good ever since.

Under Wayne Weaver 1995-2010:
Playoff Appearance 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2007
Record: 133-123 (51.9%)

Under Tony Khan 2011-2020:
Playoff Appearance 2017
Record: 44-115 (27.7%)

For Seattle:
Original Ownership (1976-1987): 87-93 (3 playoff appearances)
Ken Behring and Ken Hoffman (1988-1996): 61-83 (1 playoff appearance...they inherited a playoff team and managed the playoffs their first season as owners, then went goose-egg the rest of their tenure)
Paul Allen and family (1997-today): 217-164 (15 playoff appearances in 24 seasons (including 2020); Have gone 1-1 in Superbowls)

Problem is, most of the franchises in the top 5 picks are pretty bad franchises, or don't need a QB at all. The only franchise that has a good track record in the top 5 for 2021 is Atlanta. That would be a good fit for Lawrence.

Last edited:
Jags are in a really good position right now. 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. Tons of cap space. They've quietly got quality skill players in place at WR and RB. Just need to rebuild the line through free agency and the defense through the draft. Trevor Lawrence is a once in a decade type pro prospect. They won't be bad for long as long as they get the right GM and Head Coach in place. Which, granted, is a big if.

The Jaguars are the Jets of the south. Good franchises can make mediocre QBs successful, and bad franchises make good QBs disappear. The Jags rush young QBs to play on teams with poor lines and usually average skill positions.

Lamar Jackson on probably any other team besides the Ravens would have disappeared by now, but the Ravens OC was smart enough to design an offense around his skill set and surround him with the talent to succeed. That’s what a good franchise does. The Jags don’t put young QBs, or any QB, in a position to thrive. I’m a Falcons fan, so I know what it is like to route for a crappy franchise. Only the Falcons could waste talent like Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, but hey we did win 75% of a Super Bowl.

The NFL should have relegation like the Premier League. The Falcons, Jags and Lions could go play P5 teams until they get their act together.
Jackson is on his 2nd OC in 3 years. Last year they did well. This year looks like a 1 and done in playoffs possibly. He doesn’t beat really good defenses very often.

Jackson is on his 2nd OC in 3 years. Last year they did well. This year looks like a 1 and done in playoffs possibly. He doesn’t beat really good defenses very often.
True, Greg Roman is the one who has made him an MVP caliber QB, but he isn’t an elite passer. That’s his downfall and what the Titans used to beat the Ravens last year in the playoffs. My point was that smart teams produce systems that succeed.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
True, Greg Roman is the one who has made him an MVP caliber QB, but he isn’t an elite passer. That’s his downfall and what the Titans used to beat the Ravens last year in the playoffs. My point was that smart teams produce systems that succeed.
Roman leave to be a HC after this year?

The Jags aren't the Jets of the South. When's the last time the Jets have played in the AFC championship? The Jags were just there 3 years ago and are lining up the pieces to get there very quickly again.

The Jags aren't the Jets of the South. When's the last time the Jets have played in the AFC championship? The Jags were just there 3 years ago and are lining up the pieces to get there very quickly again.
When’s the last time the best player in football was in their division for 15 years?

1. Four letter name that starts with “J”.
2. Makes decent college QBs disappear like they are a Vegas act.
3. In a large city that resembles more of a post-apocalyptic waste land than an inhabitable area.
4. All time win percentage:
Jets- .444 (28th)
Jags- .431 (30th)
Sadly, the team between those two is the Falcons at 29th so I will own their historic suckiness.

Yes, the Jags did make the AFC championship in 2017, but they missed the playoffs the nine years before that. Since 2017 they have finished 5-11, 6-10 and probably 1-15. Kahn is trying to sell his yacht, maybe he will try to sell the Jags next. Again, I am a fan of a pretty bad franchise, so I feel your pain. At least we aren’t USF fans.

Wait, after that 1 game I thought Mustache was a HOF QB? Don't know why they need another one.

Current ownership (Tony Khan) is a blight on that franchise. Bad ownership = bad results, in total, and for individual players as well (or they leave). Most franchises can point directly to this.

I'm a Seaturkey's fan. There was average-to-bad management before Paul Allen took over 21 years. The original ownership was just that. They kind of knew what they were doing but didn't at the same time. The team floundered. Then Ken Behring and Ken Hoffman bought it from the original owners in 1988. They were horrible. These nimrods even moved the football operations out of Seattle to California. Then Paul Allen bought them for the 1997 season (right before the season started) and things have been pretty good ever since.

Playoff Appearance 2017

For Seattle:
Ken Behring and Ken Hoffman (1988-1996): 61-83 (1 playoff appearance...they inherited a playoff team and managed the playoffs their first season as owners, then went goose-egg the rest of their tenure)
Paul Allen and family (1997-today): 217-164 (15 playoff appearances in 24 seasons (including 2020); Have gone 1-1 in Superbowls)

Problem is, most of the franchises in the top 5 picks are pretty bad franchises, or don't need a QB at all. The only franchise that has a good track record in the top 5 for 2021 is Atlanta. That would be a good fit for Lawrence.

SO TRUE! Then there is Danny for my beloved red.... Washington Football team. Talking about running a franchise into the ground. I was so spoiled in the 80's and early 90's. Pushed me into the open arms of UCF.

SO TRUE! Then there is Danny for my beloved red.... Washington Football team. Talking about running a franchise into the ground. I was so spoiled in the 80's and early 90's. Pushed me into the open arms of UCF.
Coincidentally, my Steelers were terrible in 80s and early 90s.

1. Four letter name that starts with “J”.
2. Makes decent college QBs disappear like they are a Vegas act.
3. In a large city that resembles more of a post-apocalyptic waste land than an inhabitable area.
4. All time win percentage:
Jets- .444 (28th)
Jags- .431 (30th)
Sadly, the team between those two is the Falcons at 29th so I will own their historic suckiness.

Yes, the Jags did make the AFC championship in 2017, but they missed the playoffs the nine years before that. Since 2017 they have finished 5-11, 6-10 and probably 1-15. Kahn is trying to sell his yacht, maybe he will try to sell the Jags next. Again, I am a fan of a pretty bad franchise, so I feel your pain. At least we aren’t USF fans.
1. Jaguars is spelled with 7 letters. Not 4.
2. Decent but overrated. Like Blake. Garrard did fine.
3. Large city, yes. What you said it resembles, no. Plenty of beauty to be found in the humongous city of Jacksonville. It's just so big. Plenty of beauty there. Just depends on where you are in the 800 plus square miles.
4. The Jets are alot older. The Jaguars are barely over 25 years old and have already been to 3 AFC championships. For all of our failures and shortcomings, that's not a bad stat.

Very happy for the jags franchise. Live in Jax for a few year near kernen and Atlantic out East. Love it there. Went to around 6-7 games and awesome tailgating experience compared to Miami. Hope this saves their franchise from talks of being moved.
I know you really lived there because you said "Out East" 💪🏾

Playoff Appearance 2017

For Seattle:

Shad Khan is the owner. Tony is his son who runs AEW.

ADVERTISEMENT