ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Walters Being Called out on Twitter

I don't really have an issue with his comments, I think UCF fans have become way too thin skinned on this issue.

If Walters and the entire staff were still at UCF they probably are pushing it but he has been a coach at Nebraska for months now. It is not his job to continue to promote UCF and whether or not it sucks to hear he is recruiting 24/7 & is going to use the Power 5 angle when coming back into Florida. Part of that pitch is saying that 'hey I loved UCF but they don't have a real opportunity to ever make the Playoffs in the G5'.

This is going to be a constant battle as long as UCF is stuck in our current conference situation. If Heupel has similar success as Frost don't be fooled he will be gone in 2 seasons as well, don't buy into the coach speak or buyout number.

College Football has the worst postseason in sports and is exclusionary, until UCF is invited to one of those 5 Leagues or there is an Anti Trust suit that blows up the entire sport this is going to keep happening.

I don't really have an issue with his comments, I think UCF fans have become way too thin skinned on this issue.

If Walters and the entire staff were still at UCF they probably are pushing it but he has been a coach at Nebraska for months now. It is not his job to continue to promote UCF and whether or not it sucks to hear he is recruiting 24/7 & is going to use the Power 5 angle when coming back into Florida. Part of that pitch is saying that 'hey I loved UCF but they don't have a real opportunity to ever make the Playoffs in the G5'.

This is going to be a constant battle as long as UCF is stuck in our current conference situation. If Heupel has similar success as Frost don't be fooled he will be gone in 2 seasons as well, don't buy into the coach speak or buyout number.

College Football has the worst postseason in sports and is exclusionary, until UCF is invited to one of those 5 Leagues or there is an Anti Trust suit that blows up the entire sport this is going to keep happening.
You don’t have a problem with him saying it while here then deliberately making a dig at it after he didn’t get the job?

You don’t have a problem with him saying it while here then deliberately making a dig at it after he didn’t get the job?
I know I'll probably be in the minority but no I don't have a problem with it. Maybe I'm just exhausted with our fanbase(especially on twitter) being outraged everyday about this if fans or coaches no longer part of UCF don't agree with our fanbase & administration on this claim.

He was part of a staff that came back and won a game that finished the first undefeated season in Program history. The constant nitpicking is getting old, I think it's better to move on & focus on the next staff/recruiting instead of the constant outrage.

I know I'll probably be in the minority but no I don't have a problem with it. Maybe I'm just exhausted with our fanbase(especially on twitter) being outraged everyday about this if fans or coaches no longer part of UCF don't agree with our fanbase & administration on this claim.

He was part of a staff that came back and won a game that finished the first undefeated season in Program history. The constant nitpicking is getting old, I think it's better to move on & focus on the next staff/recruiting instead of the constant outrage.

Agree the constant arguing is tiresome. I just think he's the type of man who will get to his next school and say that Nebraska will never compete for a national championship again or his next head coach "is the real deal". Not surprising because it's just a job to these guys but fans should realize their coaches are more mercenary than soldier.
Like you said about Heup, he'll be gone if we go undefeated next season or have a couple of 10 win seasons. There are many P5 programs out there that are so unsatisfied with 8-win seasons that they'll spend any amount of money for some sliver of hope.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I think this will largely be the end of the serious arguments over this. The signage is up and the rings were distributed. Some people will never recognize the claim because of their hatred for UCF, their ignorance of the history of the sport and the concept of a college football national championship, and/or the feeling that it threatens their status in a privileged class of college football elite. Others recognize the claim and the illegitimate system that can leave the only undefeated team out.

I'm glad we did the signage and rings this Spring rather than in the Fall. Time to Charge Onward to the next chapter.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Troy Walters continues to be a classless POS. Throwing that dig was completely unnecessary. It’s not his job to promote UCF anymore, but is it his job to be butthurt and disrespectf UCF??? If the puppet OC got the head coaching job, he would be promoting the National Championship as much as anyone. Again, just a serious case of butthurt fever and lack of class.

Now Walters has been throwing digs about his QBs throwing mechanics, wide receiver talent, and now our National Championship

What’s next? “This team has the fastest players that I have seen.”

Douchebag alert!

Now Walters has been throwing digs about his QBs throwing mechanics, wide receiver talent, and now our National Championship

What’s next? “This team has the fastest players that I have seen.”

Douchebag alert!
Lmao "At UCF they didn't have speed like what we have at Nebraska. I'd say they're in for a rude awakening."

Reactions: Shark19 and Mikesi
I normally defend all the old coaches, but this is twice now for Troy. I think he just needs to not even mention UCF anymore.
You can't keep two sides happy at the same time. Good advice. He chose to move on so he should stick to his decision. Also, he needs to stop making comparisons between UCF and NU where he really puts his foot in his mouth :)

His butt is hurt that he didn't get HC. He even made a dumb statement about the new freshmen kid having better accuracy than Milton.

I fully realize these coaches loyalty truly only goes as far as who is currently paying their checks. Granted there is the loyalty to your school, but beyond that , this business is what are you doing me for now.

Coach Walters didn't have to post anything about the ring or the season. Yet, he did. He might actually wear it, who knows. It seems there only 120 head coaching jobs in Division 1 and as an assistant you would want to display class all the time if you ever want to sniff at a HC job especially in the P6 levels.

It's time to move on. As an alum and fan I am beyond thankful for the season we had last year. I don't wish any of the coaches ill will. I kind of dread this up coming season because there will be Nebraska threads all season long. Frost is gone and yep he could get canned at Nebraska and I for one would take the guy back if we had the HC position open, but I don't need to stalk the guy or follow hin next year. It's UCF baby and I need to get on Heupe train.

That's the most curious thing. Its quite apparent he was told to not to promote the idea of UCF as a National Champ. I'm fairly certain that word came from Delany. I'm pretty sure thats also who strong armed Aresco. The narrative that the emperor is naked is out there now about the CFP. The CFP has to beat that back. I've been saying for a long time that this is PR battle is the last card we have to play in this.

That's the most curious thing. Its quite apparent he was told to not to promote the idea of UCF as a National Champ. I'm fairly certain that word came from Delany. I'm pretty sure thats also who strong armed Aresco. The narrative that the emperor is naked is out there now about the CFP. The CFP has to beat that back. I've been saying for a long time that this is PR battle is the last card we have to play in this.

Protect the brand!!! says ESPN who self proclaims "worldwide leader in sports"

At least Frost let that ole dog call the plays finally, albeit a spring game

I guess I don't see the problem here that's worth getting worked up about. He showed off a ring that says national champions, that should speak for itself.

I've said this numerous times: The CFP is an unlawful monopoly and the DOJ ought to bring up ESPN, the CFP, and the SEC on RICO. For all of the talk of draining the swamp, there is a swamp up in Bristol that exudes way to much control over public institutions.

What are people such assholes on Twitter? There is no way this guy would say that to Walter's face. Have some kind of class...

There are certainly wittier ways to get the same point across while maintaining a glimmer of dignity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT