ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and national anthem

bluechip12

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Seems pretty obvious that players have been more likely to kneel during the anthem because President Trump never stops Tweeting about it. Is he not intelligent enough to realize this or is he just trying to cater to his base?

Last edited:
barely any of them can give a reason why they are doing it in the first place. id like to know what changes would make them want to stand for the anthem again. i bet few could probably answer both

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
Seems pretty obvious that players have been more likely to kneel during the anthem because President Trump never stops Tweeting about it. Is he not intelligent enough to realize this or is he just trying to cater to his base?

I think he's merely asking that millionaire players stop acting like jackasses for the cameras and disrespecting our anthem and flag.

What would be the point if there wasn't a camera?

Uh, my point exactly. There are 1000 things that could be done to actually make a difference, none of which involves kneeling for a camera. There are 90 year old women at my church who do more community service in a week than most of these players have done in the past year.

If they want to kneel then have at it. It'll be a pleasure to watch ratings continue to plummet.

I love how shook MAGAts get over this. Well I would like it if their vote didn't count the same as the rest of us educated and intelligent people. Played like a goddamn fiddle. Just pathetic.

Uh, my point exactly. There are 1000 things that could be done to actually make a difference, none of which involves kneeling for a camera. There are 90 year old women at my church who do more community service in a week than most of these players have done in the past year.

If they want to kneel then have at it. It'll be a pleasure to watch ratings continue to plummet.
It's hard to do community service to get police to stop shooting unarmed minority citizens. Many of them do more than you know, though.

Just like with the ice bucket challenge for ALS a few years ago, there are some whose only contribution would be to do the thing that raises awareness. Others also donate money and time, but their problem is largely not one that can be solved from making donations.

3h19nufoypf11.jpg

Sad how true this is.

It's hard to do community service to get police to stop shooting unarmed minority citizens. Many of them do more than you know, though.

Just like with the ice bucket challenge for ALS a few years ago, there are some whose only contribution would be to do the thing that raises awareness. Others also donate money and time, but their problem is largely not one that can be solved from making donations.

Ah yes, because kneeling will stop "racist cops killing unarmed minority citizens", which in itself is often false and bullshit as a narrative. Got it.

It's funny how athletes in every other league, on a whole, find a way to stand for the anthem and offer it the respect it deserves, yet also are active in their communities and speak out on issues. "But muh first amendment!". I guess they've realized that the First Amendment is not guaranteed by their employers and their employers find value in assuring that their athletes are not shitting on the flag and anthem for their pet causes.

Ah yes, because kneeling will stop "racist cops killing unarmed minority citizens", which in itself is often false and bullshit as a narrative. Got it.

It's funny how athletes in every other league, on a whole, find a way to stand for the anthem and offer it the respect it deserves, yet also are active in their communities and speak out on issues. "But muh first amendment!". I guess they've realized that the First Amendment is not guaranteed by their employers and their employers find value in assuring that their athletes are not shitting on the flag and anthem for their pet causes.
Most other leagues have rules within their contracts about standing for the anthem. The NFL does not. A lot harder to make a stand when it goes against your contract vs. no restriction. Although, Colin Kaepernick has certainly found out there are ways to punish those kinds of actions outside of the contract.

I have a really hard time with this stance. From one perspective, it shows ignorance of the procedures in place and the factors that police deal with on a daily and nightly basis. It has also been fed by a grievance industry and by a President that used it to garner attention and sow division to further his agenda of "fundamentally transforming" America. That's not even to speak to the narrative driven lies that become "truth" in the public consciousness when used for financial gain by media and others.

On the other hand, there is a real sentiment to this borne out of experiences that are legitimately bad. Even thought there have been great strides over the last 20-30 years made in policy, procedures, and attitude, there is more that can be done. We have to find a way to take the next step to repair and build trusting relationships.

I can tell you right now (yes, this is anecdotal) that it feels like a one-way street to the officers that I know. That the departments are putting in a large amount of effort and resources into trying to make police-civilian interactions better but the communities that have the most interactions don't seem to be making much, if any, effort. Sure, they'll protest the real or perceived grievance when stirred up by an agitator. They'll come out to "shop with a cop" and "build a bike" and other outreach events when they're getting free stuff. But the community organizers don't seem to be out there working with people to understand that how they interact with police goes a long way towards how the overall experience unfolds. And, to be sure, most of the people that would benefit from that type of outreach won't participate or care. But the NFL players that are virtue signaling against Trump or For Kaep without having a considered understanding of the facets of the issue are doing no one any good.

Most other leagues have rules within their contracts about standing for the anthem. The NFL does not. A lot harder to make a stand when it goes against your contract vs. no restriction. Although, Colin Kaepernick has certainly found out there are ways to punish those kinds of actions outside of the contract.

Colin K found that being a shitty QB while being a jackass who wears Castro shirts in Miami is not a good way to get rehired.

Honestly it sounds like you don't have any idea what they are kneeling about by suggesting they do community service.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Again, if Trump truly wanted the kneeling to go away, he could simply stop Tweeting about it and bringing attention to it. The fact that he refuses to stop going off on his little tirades suggests that he actually enjoys having the “issue” in the limelight.

I have a really hard time with this stance. From one perspective, it shows ignorance of the procedures in place and the factors that police deal with on a daily and nightly basis. It has also been fed by a grievance industry and by a President that used it to garner attention and sow division to further his agenda of "fundamentally transforming" America. That's not even to speak to the narrative driven lies that become "truth" in the public consciousness when used for financial gain by media and others.

On the other hand, there is a real sentiment to this borne out of experiences that are legitimately bad. Even thought there have been great strides over the last 20-30 years made in policy, procedures, and attitude, there is more that can be done. We have to find a way to take the next step to repair and build trusting relationships.

I can tell you right now (yes, this is anecdotal) that it feels like a one-way street to the officers that I know. That the departments are putting in a large amount of effort and resources into trying to make police-civilian interactions better but the communities that have the most interactions don't seem to be making much, if any, effort. Sure, they'll protest the real or perceived grievance when stirred up by an agitator. They'll come out to "shop with a cop" and "build a bike" and other outreach events when they're getting free stuff. But the community organizers don't seem to be out there working with people to understand that how they interact with police goes a long way towards how the overall experience unfolds. And, to be sure, most of the people that would benefit from that type of outreach won't participate or care. But the NFL players that are virtue signaling against Trump or For Kaep without having a considered understanding of the facets of the issue are doing no one any good.
Right on. Cops are in a bad situation and community education would go a long way to helping to solve the problem. It's a vicious feedback loop of potential racism/bias and distrust, which causes apprehension and anxiety. Victims think the cops are out to get them and cops think that they are in increasing danger.

Again, if Trump truly wanted the kneeling to go away, he could simply stop Tweeting about it and bringing attention to it. The fact that he refuses to stop going off on his little tirades suggests that he actually enjoys having the “issue” in the limelight.
It's a campaign issue that unites his base with him. He's constantly campaigning, so his tweeting about it is a win-win for him - he either gets to keep reinforcing his base, or it actually affects change for which he would totally take credit.

It's a campaign issue that unites his base with him. He's constantly campaigning, so his tweeting about it is a win-win for him - he either gets to keep reinforcing his base, or it actually affects change for which he would totally take credit.

Exactly. Trump is literally dividing America for his own political gain. All because inbred morons like 85 and others on here slurp up trumps rhetoric and fall for this asinine shit that doesn't matter at all. Who the fuk cares about this shit? This doesn't affect anyone here in the slightest, yet triggered MAGAt snowflakes flip out about it like it's the end of the world.

Reactions: bluechip12
Exactly. Trump is literally dividing America for his own political gain. All because inbred morons like 85 and others on here slurp up trumps rhetoric and fall for this asinine shit that doesn't matter at all. Who the fuk cares about this shit? This doesn't affect anyone here in the slightest, yet triggered MAGAt snowflakes flip out about it like it's the end of the world.
But muh troops

It's a cause that most of America agrees with him on. He should push it.

It's hard to do community service to get police to stop shooting unarmed minority citizens.

Would it matter if unarmed citizen was NOT a minority? Why would that matter? Probably same reason why most minorities still don't care about the black on black slaughter occuring in Chicago...as no NFL player seems concerned over those loss of lives...and none kneel for those innocent that are lost.

I always thought everyone bleeds red...who know it was more important if the shooter was white and if the victim was black.

Would it matter if unarmed citizen was NOT a minority? Why would that matter? Probably same reason why most minorities still don't care about the black on black slaughter occuring in Chicago...as no NFL player seems concerned over those loss of lives...and none kneel for those innocent that are lost.

I always thought everyone bleeds red...who know it was more important if the shooter was white and if the victim was black.
Of course police shouldn't be shooting unarmed citizens of any color, but the narrative is that it is disproportionately happening to minorities. And enough with the racist dog-whistle of "blacks don't care about black-on-black crime." That's honestly absurd.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-black-crime-glanton-talk-20151206-story.html

Of course police shouldn't be shooting unarmed citizens of any color, but the narrative is that it is disproportionately happening to minorities. And enough with the racist dog-whistle of "blacks don't care about black-on-black crime." That's honestly absurd.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-black-crime-glanton-talk-20151206-story.html

But they (just like most whites) don't care about all the black on black crime in Chicago.

Talk all the time to my friends that live in Chicagoland...and every Monday morning...they hear about the dozens shot over most weekends...and no one skips a beat. Only when a few brave souls in the national media call out the worthless Mayor, does he pretend to take a stand.

Comparison....London had 9 people shot dead during the first 6 months of this year...while Chicago has scene over 1,900 people get shot and over 300 who were killed by gunfire.

Chicago yearly totals
https://heyjackass.com/

Last edited:

Right. They should let violent, deranged, or drugged up lunatics get as close to them as possible, using anything else as a weapon as needed, and not shoot them.

Minorities also commit crime at a disproportionate rate. Maybe the focus should be preventing the crime from happening in the first place.

That article you posted was a series of stupid rhetorical questions with zero statistical evidence to back it up. Read like a pseudo-intellectual in an AP English course trying to impress the teacher.

Last edited:
Nah, they should gun them down when they get within 50 feet. Safer that way. *

Oh absolutely. Nevermind the breeding a culture that glorifies violence and drugs.

I mean, if I were to grab for a police officers gun or refuse to comply in a potentially deadly situation, the police officer should apologize to me. Who cares that the officer is trying to do their job, has a family and no way of predicting my behavior, right?

I love how shook MAGAts get over this. Well I would like it if their vote didn't count the same as the rest of us educated and intelligent people. Played like a goddamn fiddle. Just pathetic.
And I would really like our votes to equal the amount we actually pay in taxes, wouldn’t that be nice.

Nah, they should gun them down when they get within 50 feet. Safer that way. *

I'd absolutely love to put you through a force application course. So many know it all journalists and people like you think they know exactly what is, and isn't, a danger to police (he's unarmed!) and yet they all totally fail when forced with an assailant that is up to 21 feet away and charging.

The media’s initial false premise to nearly all of the use of force cases has been that the person that the police encountered was just going along doing nothing and the police came up and shot them for no reason. In almost every case, not only has that proven to be untrue but also it has been shown that the police acted out of an objectively reasonable response given the situation and what they knew at the time to be true (Michael Brown and Freddie Gray are perfect examples).

A few of them that I can think of (Walter Scott primarily but also possibly Laquan McDonald) have ended in either the Officer getting charged and convicted or sweeping policy changes or both. Even fewer nowadays are the cases where the department ignores all facts and covers up officers committing unjustified forcible felonies on duty. When that does happen, we all need to call it out.

Regardless of the outcome, however, the initial media narrative is what sticks in the public conscience. This is a bad thing and only goes to perpetuate that viscious cycle you spoke of earlier.

The players should be called out for being privileged @ss hats. I really haven't watched the NFL since this started. I don't mind anyone calling out these fools.

And I would really like our votes to equal the amount we actually pay in taxes, wouldn’t that be nice.

Well that's just as stupid as the rest of your posts. What does money have to do with choosing the correct outcome for our world? You know what would help making that choice? Making sure racist inbred morons who listen to Alex Jones on repeat aren't allowed to vote.

Well that's just as stupid as the rest of your posts. What does money have to do with choosing the correct outcome for our world? You know what would help making that choice? Making sure racist inbred morons who listen to Alex Jones on repeat aren't allowed to vote.
You’re the moron who thinks he is smarter than the rest of us(hint, you’re not, you’re an idiot) so therefore you and your ilk would be the only one voting. Just turning your logic, or lack there of around.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
ADVERTISEMENT