ADVERTISEMENT

Trump debate requests

Biden would have to come out of his basement and find the basement door in order to debate. That's the issue.

Biden would have to come out of his basement and find the basement door in order to debate. That's the issue.
When your opposition continues to shoot himself in foot it’s smart to just stand back and let him. wouldn’t you agree?

I dont necessarily mind an earlier date, but not sure why Trump's team should get to pick the moderators.

I dont necessarily mind an earlier date, but not sure why Trump's team should get to pick the moderators.
They arent picking them. They threw out a bunch of names that biden could pick from which they find acceptable. Biden can counter with other names.

Do these things really even matter? Are you telling me there are people truly undecided on how they feel about these candidates? Because I just don’t believe it.

After four years of Trump, you know if you will/can vote for him or not.

What, you mean as opposed to 2016 where the Clinton campaign worked directly with CNN to pick the moderators and prep the questions? Glad to read that you're not in favor of something like that happening. Again.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Do these things really even matter? Are you telling me there are people truly undecided on how they feel about these candidates? Because I just don’t believe it.

I think that there are people that are on the fence about being able to vote for Biden based upon his recent performances. If Biden is coherent, lucid, and interactive, it'll go a long way for those voters.

Reactions: Crazyhole
What, you mean as opposed to 2016 where the Clinton campaign worked directly with CNN to pick the moderators and prep the questions? Glad to read that you're not in favor of something like that happening. Again.

There is a bipartisian commission that sets up debates and chooses moderates for the general election debates. Clinton did not pick the moderators.

I think that there are people that are on the fence about being able to vote for Biden based upon his recent performances. If Biden is coherent, lucid, and interactive, it'll go a long way for those voters.

There could be and Trump will definitely try/is spinning that narrative. But I’m more of the mindset that this election is a referendum on Trump and that stuff doesn’t matter. Just as evangelicals and large groups overlook Trump’s character flaws, anyone against Trump will overlook Biden’s age and negatives too. In today’s hype partisan world, I’m not convinced there are fence sitters anymore.

There could be and Trump will definitely try/is spinning that narrative. But I’m more of the mindset that this election is a referendum on Trump and that stuff doesn’t matter. Just as evangelicals and large groups overlook Trump’s character flaws, anyone against Trump will overlook Biden’s age and negatives too. In today’s hype partisan world, I’m not convinced there are fence sitters anymore.

The only hang-up with your position is that Biden is still kind of the "generic democrat" candidate. We lost 3/4ths of the primary season and that would have been a lot of exposure that Biden didn't get. His best strategy is and has been stay as invisible as possible, but that can only last so long before people really start looking into who they are going to vote for. Right now, trump probably has more people that are going to vote FOR him as opposed to AGAINST him. Biden doesn't really have a lot of people that are excited to vote for or against him, and whatever way that goes will be the difference.

This is Joe Biden with a friendly interviewer throwing him softball questions and he still produces things like this:

nlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things."

Joe Biden is committed to telling the entire black populace that he views them as one, single, robotic monolith that he can pander to uniformly, while just assuming he'll get their vote.

This is Joe Biden with a friendly interviewer throwing him softball questions and he still produces things like this:

nlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things."

Joe Biden is committed to telling the entire black populace that he views them as one, single, robotic monolith that he can pander to uniformly, while just assuming he'll get their vote.
Robert Byrd would be proud of statements like this.

Are both candidates intentionally trying to lose or are they both just this inept?

Biden managed to insult both the black community and the Cuban community within 60 seconds.

They don’t matter. I’m just here for the Memes

Reactions: Ucfmikes

When the other side retweets old people saying white power and has endorsements from all the major racist groups hes not exactly forcing Biden to be that dynamic on black issues is he?

When the other side retweets old people saying white power and has endorsements from all the major racist groups hes not exactly forcing Biden to be that dynamic on black issues is he?
Saying all black people are the same is pretty dynamic, wouldn't you say? Especially when the topic was Latinos and nobody was talking about black people.

Trump iz Nazi and stuff.

Aren't you some progressive zealot warrior? Shouldn't you be throwing hissy fits when your guy is throwing around stuff like this?

Why do we need a debate? Does anyone need more information about these 2 guy?

Are both candidates intentionally trying to lose or are they both just this inept?

It's really quite amazing and yet somehow it's not cool to genuinely despise both sides of this. You MUST support lesser of two evils. I have a hard time understanding how an actual thoughtful and nuanced individual is supposed to navigate this.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Trump iz Nazi and stuff.

Aren't you some progressive zealot warrior? Shouldn't you be throwing hissy fits when your guy is throwing around stuff like this?
Real quick, what do you think your reaction would be if Biden tweeted a video that included people supporting him saying white power?

Theres a problem in america when one side is so blatantly against all minority issues that the other side doesnt even have to try to gain their vote. It creates a situation where minorities dont really have much of a choice because they arent choosing between policy vs policy they are choosing between a side that hates them and a side that will just be neutral toward their issues.

Democrats havent done shit for minorities or at best have done the bare minimum. Thats all they have to do when the other side is full of actual racists.

It's really quite amazing and yet somehow it's not cool to genuinely despise both sides of this. You MUST support lesser of two evils. I have a hard time understanding how an actual thoughtful and nuanced individual is supposed to navigate this.
I think you already know based on your interest in psychology. Trump is somewhat dangerous due to his impulsiveness. He alleviated a lot of those concerns with the way he's dealt with Iran. Biden is very dangerous because its obvious that he isnt running the show. That indicates a level of calculation in the background and that he is basically a figurehead for something, but we don't know what the game plan is. Neither should be president, but we are in the position of having to pick one or another and cost/benefit analysis makes it pretty obvious. You don't abandon the status quo thats not great for an unknown that could be really bad.

• Sad
Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Real quick, what do you think your reaction would be if Biden tweeted a video that included people supporting him saying white power?

Theres a problem in america when one side is so blatantly against all minority issues that the other side doesnt even have to try to gain their vote. It creates a situation where minorities dont really have much of a choice because they arent choosing between policy vs policy they are choosing between a side that hates them and a side that will just be neutral toward their issues.

So now conservatives "hate" black people. Jesus Christ dude, you're a total clown.

It's true. The African American community has a southern base while the Latino community is from all parts of Latin America (South America, Carribean, Mexico)

Is this why you guys called conservative black people "Uncle Toms"? Black people coast to coast are a liberal monolith voting bloc and are so simple as a populace that they all think/vote alike? Therefore anyone who doesn't vote Democrat must have an Uncle Tom motive?

So now conservatives "hate" black people. Jesus Christ dude, you're a total clown.
No, all the people that hate black people vote for conservatives though. There mist be a reason for that. If both sides were neutral to minorities you would see racists evenly divided. Instead we have all the racists on one side. Some republican policy sure seems to universally appeal to racists... wonder why that is, hmmmm what could it be.

the American left: we need to focus on how to keep white people from using words that may be offensive.

The American right: we need to figure out how to improve the economic situation for people of color.

American libertarians: get out of their way and let them plow their own path like everyone else. We're all the same.

Reactions: nosurf2day
No, all the people that hate black people vote for conservatives though. There mist be a reason for that. If both sides were neutral to minorities you would see racists evenly divided. Instead we have all the racists on one side. Some republican policy sure seems to universally appeal to racists... wonder why that is, hmmmm what could it be.

Because politics isnt dinner where youre served 2 meals you dont care for and you can say no thanks to both and eat later.

It's closer to prison rape and you're going to be someones bitch no matter what so youre better off voting for the dude with the smaller dick. No one says you need to like it but if you dont vote you might get a result that is much much worse.

• Haha
The American right: we need to figure out how to improve the economic situation for people of color

You serious? The american right exists to enrich the wealthy. The myth that the wealthy will willingly pass down their money to the poor is disproven by decades of reality.

Reactions: chemmie
ADVERTISEMENT