ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is breaking the constitution already.

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
This criticism brought to you by the same people that demanded Trump issue a nationwide lockdown and blamed him for people dying when he couldn’t / didn’t.
This post brought to you by the same guy who went ape-shit over Obama's DACA executive order--but is defending this one.

This criticism brought to you by the same people that demanded Trump issue a nationwide lockdown and blamed him for people dying when he couldn’t / didn’t.

1. Trump actually pisses on the Constitution
2. Some dopes on a message board or twitter say something

Which one are you gonna be more bothered with?

This post brought to you by the same guy who went ape-shit over Obama's DACA executive order--but is defending this one.

Im not defending it. I don’t think he has the ability to appropriate money and it’ll probably go nowhere. Unlike Obamas DACA action which the 9th Circuit forced into law.

Im just laughing at when you clowns do or don’t think exceeding the powers of the Executive is required or not. Pure hypocrisy.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Im not defending it. I don’t think he has the ability to appropriate money and it’ll probably go nowhere. Unlike Obamas DACA action which the 9th Circuit forced into law.

Im just laughing at when you clowns do or don’t think exceeding the powers of the Executive is required or not. Pure hypocrisy.

It likely wont go anywhere right now, but lets pretend he wins, and Republicans do better in the house and senate, then it most certainly could go somewhere. And the reality, is that the vast majority of people in this country wont be able to retire without SS and medicare.

No constitutional authority to close States: DO IT ANYWAYS!

That was literally the bitchy complaint from the left. It still persists today. How is that not directly applicable to this?

Even if he doesnt have the authority (which is debatable, the federal government certainly has some authority with regards to health measures), he certainly could have pushed for it and not acted like it was nothing. Remember when we are all going to go to church on Easter because it was going to be over?

Even if he doesnt have the authority (which is debatable, the federal government certainly has some authority with regards to health measures), he certainly could have pushed for it and not acted like it was nothing. Remember when we are all going to go to church on Easter because it was going to be over?

Holy shit, that’s basically exactly what he’s doing with these benefits. He knows it’ll get struck down but he’s doing this dumb symbolic EO to push for it. This is mind numbing.

Holy shit, that’s basically exactly what he’s doing with these benefits. He knows it’ll get struck down but he’s doing this dumb symbolic EO to push for it. This is mind numbing.

Huh? How does this make any sense what so ever? So you think he is basically handing Democrats a winning political point for shits and giggles?

Even if he doesnt have the authority (which is debatable, the federal government certainly has some authority with regards to health measures), he certainly could have pushed for it and not acted like it was nothing.
We had pages and pages of threads at that time about Trump using his bully pulpit to work collectively with the Governors to implement a nationwide mask requirement. A bipartisan, consistent safety message would have gone a long way back in March to tamp this virus down early this summer.

But NOOOOooooOOOOOO! That would have been SO draconian, right guys???!! :rolleyes:

Why save lives and get the economy moving again this summer when we can play Chud politics?

We had pages and pages of threads at that time about Trump using his bully pulpit to work collectively with the Governors to implement a nationwide mask requirement. A bipartisan, consistent safety message would have gone a long way back in March to tamp this virus down early this summer.

But NOOOOooooOOOOOO! That would have been SO draconian, right guys???!! :rolleyes:

Why save lives and get the economy moving again this summer when we can play Chud politics?

Exactly. Half the geniuses in this country dont think its any big deal precisely because Trump down played it. If he had just told people to take it seriously from the beginning, we would likely be in a much better position, but instead, we likely still have months to go and wont even get a college football season.

Exactly. Half the geniuses in this country dont think its any big deal precisely because Trump down played it. If he had just told people to take it seriously from the beginning, we would likely be in a much better position, but instead, we likely still have months to go and wont even get a college football season.

This is pure bullshit speculation

It isnt bullshit speculation that we handled this about as poorly as any country on Earth and that Trump downplayed it from the get go. It also isnt speculation that a good portion of his base is almost cult like and will believe anything he says. There is no doubt that he if asked people to take it seriously that far more of his supporters would have, and we would be in a better situation.

Last edited:
It isnt bullshit speculation that we handled this about as poorly as any planet on Earth and that Trump downplayed it from the get go. It also isnt speculation that a good portion of his base is almost cult like and will believe anything he says. There is no doubt that he if asked people to take it seriously that far more of his supporters would have, and we would be in a better situation.

You’re right. So sorry that “his base” in NY, NJ, NYC didn’t make this more seriously and wind up accounting for 1/3 of all deaths nationwide. Those pesky Trump lacky governors up there were just doing Trumps bidding!

Exactly. Half the geniuses in this country don't think its any big deal precisely because Trump down played it.
Pure speculation??!? WTF??!?

Please tell us how you would describe the President's approach if these Trump gems aren't downplaying it?
  • "It's going to disappear."
  • "We have it totally under control."
  • "Looks like by April, you know, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."
  • "One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
  • "Some people will have this at a very light level and won't even go to a doctor or hospital, and they'll get better. There are many people like that."
  • "Just stay calm. It will go away."
  • "I'd love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

You’re right. So sorry that “his base” in NY, NJ, NYC didn’t make this more seriously and wind up accounting for 1/3 of all deaths nationwide. Those pesky Trump lacky governors up there were just doing Trumps bidding!
Once upon a time, the President of the United States represented ALL Americans.

Sadly, Trump (and his supporters) have taken a worldwide pandemic and divided the country up into Blue States and Red States.

What a great leader, right guys? 🙄

Once upon a time, the President of the United States represented ALL Americans.

Sadly, Trump (and his supporters) have taken a worldwide pandemic and divided the country up into Blue States and Red States.

What a great leader, right guys? 🙄

“Please guys don’t focus on the massive COVID failures of Democrats who could actually influence how many people die or not, and instead join me in mindlessly whining about the President, who attempted to lock down those very States and was sued by said Democratic Governors for lacking authority to intervene in their own State affairs”

“Please guys don’t focus on the massive COVID failures of Democrats who could actually influence how many people die or not, and instead join me in mindlessly whining about the President, who attempted to lock down those very States and was sued by said Democratic Governors for lacking authority to intervene in their own State affairs”

Earlier in this thread, you claimed democrats wanted Trump to shutdown the entire nation.
Now you claim democrats stopped Trump from shutting down their states.

Same thread.

Stop posting. Go spend time with your wife and kids.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Earlier in this thread, you claimed democrats wanted Trump to shutdown the entire nation.
Now you claim democrats stopped Trump from shutting down their states.

Same thread.

Stop posting. Go spend time with your wife and kids.

By Democrats I meant shitty human beings like you. By Governors I meant the Democrats who run those states. Go be fat and pathetic.

I dont like this, but its one of the smartest political moves in history.

By Democrats I meant shitty human beings like you. By Governors I meant the Democrats who run those states. Go be fat and pathetic.
Don't be bigmad at me because you contradict yourself while ignoring your family.

As all of the people in here who defended Obama writing law by executive fiat, he has all the power he is willing to use until the lawsuits and courts stay the orders. In this case, though, he’s giving people free stuff, so you’d think this would cause justices to hang on their own precedence when it comes to (not) removing benefits from minority peoples.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
Right up there with burning down the Reichstag.
He provided cover for senate Republicans and put dems in a position where they'll have to sue him to stop unemployment benefits and larger paychecks for people who are working. Thats a tough row to hoe. The best thing democrats can do politically is just ignore this and move on to something else.

He provided cover for senate Republicans and put dems in a position where they'll have to sue him to stop unemployment benefits and larger paychecks for people who are working. Thats a tough row to hoe. The best thing democrats can do politically is just ignore this and move on to something else.

Except he is taking away benefits, so the checks are going to be less than they have been recently. Plus, he is essentially killing SS and medicare, which likely isnt going to go over well.

As all of the people in here who defended Obama writing law by executive fiat, he has all the power he is willing to use until the lawsuits and courts stay the orders. In this case, though, he’s giving people free stuff, so you’d think this would cause justices to hang on their own precedence when it comes to (not) removing benefits from minority peoples.

Every president in history has used executive orders, but changing the tax structure on his own is not a power the president should have.

Except he is taking away benefits, so the checks are going to be less than they have been recently. Plus, he is essentially killing SS and medicare, which likely isnt going to go over well.
All he has to do is say "congress couldn't get it done. They were playing politics and the checks were going to stop so I took action because people need help. 400 bucks is the best I can do, the best Pelosi could do was nothing".

Its a message that will sell. Again, I dont like it but it was a pretty smart move.

All he has to do is say "congress couldn't get it done. They were playing politics and the checks were going to stop so I took action because people need help. 400 bucks is the best I can do, the best Pelosi could do was nothing".

Its a message that will sell. Again, I dont like it but it was a pretty smart move.
Except it was Republicans who wanted the extra benefit ended, not Pelosi, so he is basically banking on the stupidity of the American people (which I'll agree, isnt necessarily a bad bet). Basically he has to hope people are still falling for his bs.

Except it was Republicans who wanted the extra benefit ended, not Pelosi, so he is basically banking on the stupidity of the American people (which I'll agree, isnt necessarily a bad bet). Basically he has to hope people are still falling for his bs.

His bs will carry less weight than those 400 dollar weekly checks for a lot of people.

I'll be really interested in seeing how Biden responds to this.

I am a Trump supporter, but am against this move. He does have some ability to move around funding, so I don't really know what he can legally do or not do. That will be for the courts to decide. I am for extending the money but not at 600 per week for people who don't even earn 600. I personally liked the idea of 70% of what the usually earned up to some #$.

His bs will carry less weight than those 400 dollar weekly checks for a lot of people.

I'll be really interested in seeing how Biden responds to this.
He is going to respond by saying Trump and Republicans are wanting to cut your benefits during the middle of a pandemic. I dont see the genius behind this like you do.

Nothing like lauding taking the free money path as the best way to go. Why not, it’s not like it’s real money after all?

Especially since we all have to forget that it’s been Democrat’s that have been railing against opening the economy around the country. But why care about Democrats pushing extreme policies that destroy your job when they’ll hand you crumbs after they do it.

He is going to respond by saying Trump and Republicans are wanting to cut your benefits during the middle of a pandemic. I dont see the genius behind this like you do.
Would you say it was a smart move if he went with a full 600 bucks per week?

Biden will say what ever his handler's want him to say.
Lol, they released a statement on it and it attacked Trump on this for it being an example of a lack of leadership and talked about Trump golfing. Talk about a milquetoast response.

This criticism brought to you by the liberals who stood and loudly cheered this in 2014.

"And to those Members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill," Obama will say, according to excerpts of the speech released early by the White House.

• Haha
Reactions: sk8knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT