ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is breaking the constitution already.

Would you say it was a smart move if he went with a full 600 bucks per week?

Yes, but that is what Democrats were wanting to. Senate Republicans wanted no extension on the benefits, Trump wanted an extension but with fewer benefits. There is no way around that it is Republicans who want to cut benefits.

Also keep in mind. This EO also puts a significant portion of the benefits on states, many of which might very well not have the money to pay it. SO you think it is a politically genius move. Let me ask you something then, what if Democrats just dont challenge it and it ends up sticking? Do you think cutting benefits at this point would be helpful to Trump? I dont think that will happen because so many people will be hurt by it, but from a pure political standpoint, letting Trump get what he pushed for and letting him own it would probably end in a disaster for Trump.

Yes, but that is what Democrats were wanting to. Senate Republicans wanted no extension on the benefits, Trump wanted an extension but with fewer benefits. There is no way around that it is Republicans who want to cut benefits.

Also keep in mind. This EO also puts a significant portion of the benefits on states, many of which might very well not have the money to pay it. SO you think it is a politically genius move. Let me ask you something then, what if Democrats just dont challenge it and it ends up sticking? Do you think cutting benefits at this point would be helpful to Trump? I dont think that will happen because so many people will be hurt by it, but from a pure political standpoint, letting Trump get what he pushed for and letting him own it would probably end in a disaster for Trump.

Pass a bill.

Sounds great, but the only problem is that it will be full of pork and will go on forever.

Im merely channeling my inner Obama when he did literally the same exact thing in 2014 and responded only with “Pass a bill” when challenged on it.

Im merely channeling my inner Obama when he did literally the same exact thing in 2014 and responded only with “Pass a bill” when challenged on it.
In other words, screw any real principles. Spin which ever way the wind blows.

Its the right political move. Put the onus back on congress and be the hero to the unemployed or illegal immigrant.

Its the right political move. Put the onus back on congress and be the hero to the unemployed or illegal immigrant.

You realize that puts it just as much on Senate Republicans as it does Democrats right? If nothing gets done do you think people are just going to ignore the fact that McConnell and many Republicans who are up for re-election werent able to get anything done either? I think you have this idea in your head that Democrats will get the blame, and I just dont see it that way.

I've already said I don't like it, I'm simply here for the sheer hypocrisy from the people like you.
Sheer hypocrisy??!? That's your response? :)

You were apoplectic over Obama's move and groused about his "Presidential overreach" at every opportunity. But when confronted with your toned-down reaction to your buddy, Trump's E.O., we get this gem of yours. Classic pot calling the kettle black.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

You were apoplectic over Obama's move and groused about his "Presidential overreach" at every opportunity. But when confronted with your toned-down reaction to your buddy, Trump's E.O., we get this gem of yours. Classic pot calling the kettle black.
"Sheer hypocrisy"
In a thread where he has already blatantly contradicted himself.

Yea that’s my response since you all truly are hypocrites. Y’all stood and cheered when Obama invented Executive powers in 2014 and now you’re acting like Trump just shredded the constitution.

I can tell you actually realize the hypocrisy here too given your reluctance to actually address the identical situations, knowing you previously applauded one.

I am against Trump doing what he is doing here. He does have the ability to do some of it by simply shifting funds around, but not one new penny should be added. The payroll tax deal is the dumbest of the moves, it defers taxes through the end of the year, which he most likely legally can do, but will be putting a lot of people in a tough spot in January when they have to pay it back into the system.

I am against Trump doing what he is doing here. He does have the ability to do some of it by simply shifting funds around, but not one new penny should be added. The payroll tax deal is the dumbest of the moves, it defers taxes through the end of the year, which he most likely legally can do, but will be putting a lot of people in a tough spot in January when they have to pay it back into the system.
That’s the thing. If he took it out of a FEMA disaster relief fund and the money wasn’t going to be used this year anyways, is it really a big deal? Isn’t this something that you’d think should happen?

Although he didn't mention trampling on the Constitution, I thought this Trump voter stepped up and shared a few valid reasons for regretting his 2016 vote.

I love how Shookster has a new found love for Lincoln Project. The same people who took to social media today to peddle the hilariously insane claim that Ben Shapiro started and was behind a pro-Antifa organization site, all of which was easily proven to not be true.

These are clown lefties in Republican clothing and Shooksters eat it up.

These are clown lefties in Republican clothing and Shooksters eat it up.
Funny how any Republican who is sick and tired of Trump's bullshit automatically get labeled by 85 as "clown lefties."

Apparently TDS is more contagious than COVID-19. :)

Funny how any Republican who is sick and tired of Trump's bullshit automatically get labeled by 85 as "clown lefties."

Apparently TDS is more contagious than COVID-19. :)

LOL

Color me shocked that you ignored the substance of the post to only respond to this. It’s totally unlike you*

Color me shocked that you ignored the substance of the post to only respond to this.
Another priceless 85 response given how many of Trump's dumbass, criminal, narcissistic, and sexist stunts he's ignored with "Whaddabouts".

Another priceless 85 response given how many of Trump's dumbass, criminal, narcissistic, and sexist stunts he's ignored with "Whaddabouts".

I don’t know if you were coherent enough to realize but I was responding to you and not the President. Not every interaction must result in you obsessively throwing around some random whiny tagline about Trump.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT