ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is coming to Orlando

I just can't imagine wanting to join a massive crowd to see a political figure. What enjoyment do you get other than listening to a speech you know is catered to your beliefs? I'll stay home, thanks.

I'm right there with you.

That said, I'm ready to keep FL red.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Not even a trump guy but I would love to see the "show" in person. I never go to any political events but it would be entertaining.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I just can't imagine wanting to join a massive crowd to see a political figure. What enjoyment do you get other than listening to a speech you know is catered to your beliefs? I'll stay home, thanks.
i would love to go downtown before/after the event. i dont really care about the rally itself. i just wanna people watch.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It’s entertaining to see him once in person. I attended one in Kissimmee while he was running. Honestly, I’m just too busy for this. No need for me to attend. I’ll catch the highlights on TV or YouTube

i would love to go downtown before/after the event. i dont really care about the rally itself. i just wanna people watch.
I'll save you some time, Wayne.
trump_supporters.jpg

You'll probably see pussy liberals in black hoodies with their faces covered trying to throw sucker punches and suppress others' 1st Amendment rights through violence.

As is common at almost every Trump rally.

Great. Shut down our already clogged thoroughfares for another political pep rally. Isn't there work to do in DC? I was hoping we wouldn't have to put up with this nonsense again until campaign season.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Great. Shut down our already clogged thoroughfares for another political pep rally. Isn't there work to do in DC? I was hoping we wouldn't have to put up with this nonsense again until campaign season.
God forbid that we finally have a productive president that can shit and chew gum at the same time

Reactions: YourWifesBoyfriend
You'll probably see pussy liberals in black hoodies with their faces covered trying to throw sucker punches and suppress others' 1st Amendment rights through violence.

As is common at almost every Trump rally.
Yeah and after they start it, it will take one little Trump supporter to knock out a dozen of those hoodlums.

I'd go. I think it's important to say you've seen sitting presidents during your lifetime. I've seen W, Obama, and Clinton all speak in person. Hell, I even went to see Bob Dole in 1996 when he came to UCF as a candidate.

Reactions: UCFRogerz
I'd go. I think it's important to say you've seen sitting presidents during your lifetime. I've seen W, Obama, and Clinton all speak in person. Hell, I even went to see Bob Dole in 1996 when he came to UCF as a candidate.

Trump and Obama both flew into bases where I worked, it was interesting to watch since it was a big hoopla.

I got to see W while he was campaigning for his first election. he flew into Melbourne airport. i saw him through the fence as he got off the plane and headed to the hanger where he gave a speech. didnt go to the speech as it was sold out or whatever, not that i wanted to go anyways. my parents thought it was important to see a potential potus. i dont think any other candidates have ever stopped there otherwise they wouldve brought me to at least see them as well.

i know clinton came to ucf recently. i wanted to go, but i had work and only found out a day or 2 before so i didnt have enough time to find someone to cover for me.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I happened to see it when it was first announced and got tickets. Not 100% sure I’m going to go. I’ve never seen a President in person (speak or otherwise) so I might put up with the shit show that will surround it just for that.

I got to see W while he was campaigning for his first election. he flew into Melbourne airport. i saw him through the fence as he got off the plane and headed to the hanger where he gave a speech. didnt go to the speech as it was sold out or whatever, not that i wanted to go anyways. my parents thought it was important to see a potential potus. i dont think any other candidates have ever stopped there otherwise they wouldve brought me to at least see them as well.

i know clinton came to ucf recently. i wanted to go, but i had work and only found out a day or 2 before so i didnt have enough time to find someone to cover for me.

Bill Clinton hands down is one of the best speakers I've ever seen. I don't like him but the dude absolutely knows how to captivate a crowd. Barry wasn't bad, W had a funny charm to him, Bob Dole was fairly old school.

Bill Clinton hands down is one of the best speakers I've ever seen. I don't like him but the dude absolutely knows how to captivate a crowd. Barry wasn't bad, W had a funny charm to him, Bob Dole was fairly old school.
Yea i really wanted to see bill talk. it seems like his health has gone down hill over the past few years. i wonder if he still has that speaking presence he once had. did you get to see him at that ucf event?

i believe obama flew in to the melbourne airport in 2008. unfortunately i had just started a new job and it was at the end of the day, so i wouldve had to leave really early to go see him. otherwise i wouldve gone just to see him through the fence before going into the hanger to make a speech. oh well.

bob dole. bob dole... bob dole... bob...

Reactions: Crazyhole
Yea i really wanted to see bill talk. it seems like his health has gone down hill over the past few years. i wonder if he still has that speaking presence he once had. did you get to see him at that ucf event?

i believe obama flew in to the melbourne airport in 2008. unfortunately i had just started a new job and it was at the end of the day, so i wouldve had to leave really early to go see him. otherwise i wouldve gone just to see him through the fence before going into the hanger to make a speech. oh well.

Yes, I saw Bill at UCF during Obama's re-election run. He is a shadow of what he was back in 2012. Health and all that skank strange has probably taken its toll on him.

What is that from? Family Guy?

Real talk: there is a good chance that Trump will stiff Orlando for any security or event space they provide. It’s his MO, and it’s likely to end poorly for the city.

https://publicintegrity.org/federal...-rallies/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Seems it’s a common practice. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...linton-and-sanders-pay-your-bills-already?amp

...and that somehow makes it OK? No, it’s still wrong.

...and that somehow makes it OK? No, it’s still wrong.
Wrong? Maybe. The costs of security may be negotiated in the permitting process for the event. If the permit doesn't specify who is paying the cost for government services, then the city can bill all they want but I don't think there's a legal responsibility for the event to pay.

This is not limited at all to Presidential campaigns. DC has to pay millions every year to cover protest marches that don't pay for themselves. As do other cities. The cities also have to pick up the tabs for the destruction of property that come from the protests and rallies.

So, I'm good if you want to address the problem, but at least address it across the board.

I've had more than a few liberal friends (many of whom are raging feminists, to boot) share this Facebook post from gin and tacos: Sarah sanders returns to whichever Golden Corral she assistant managed prior to being hired by the White House.

These same lunatics went on some of the most epic rants when someone dared bring up AOC's bartending past. And I get it. It’s totally cool to make fun of a woman and insinuate she’s white trash. As long as she’s a republican. Makes total fukcing sense.

I've had more than a few liberal friends (many of whom are raging feminists, to boot) share the Facebook post from gin and tacos: Sarah sanders returns to whichever Golden Corral she assistant managed prior to being hired by the White House.

These same lunatics went on some of the most epic rants when someone dared bring up AOC's bartending past. And I get it. It’s totally cool to make fun of a woman and insinuate she’s white trash. As long as she’s a republican. Makes total fukcing sense.
i used to work with mark back at ucf. he unfriended me because i would comment on some of the really out there posts like that. it would always work his friends up. crazy how they couldnt apply that logic because of a (d) next to a name vs a (r). funny ive never been unfriended by a republican friend when i call them on their crappy posts.

I've had more than a few liberal friends (many of whom are raging feminists, to boot) share this Facebook post from gin and tacos: Sarah sanders returns to whichever Golden Corral she assistant managed prior to being hired by the White House.

lmao I hadn't heard that about her, but holy shit you have to admit it's a shockingly perfect fit.

To be fair there's a bit of a distinction between a congresswoman and press secretary.

We all know that conservative women aren't "real" women so they're free to be as disgusting and bigoted as they want.

Also, anyone using Facebook for anything but sports or keeping up with entertainment is a loser who needs to find a hobby. These people who repost every goddamn political thing they agree with from their echo chamber are insufferable.

Also, anyone using Facebook for anything but sports or keeping up with entertainment is a loser who needs to find a hobby. These people who repost every goddamn political thing they agree with from their echo chamber are insufferable.

[laughing][laughing][laughing][roll][roll]

Holy shit!!! You have had multiple people on here admit they unfriended you because of your constant facebook political harassment!

This is just amazing irony. You literally described yourself exactly.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1612405, member: 950"]lmao I hadn't heard that about her, but holy shit you have to admit it's a shockingly perfect fit.

To be fair there's a bit of a distinction between a congresswoman and press secretary.[/QUOTE]

Come on, dude. It's a complete and total double standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT