ADVERTISEMENT

Trump "jokes" about signing an executive order to not allow Biden become president..his inbred cult cheers

TDS!

Love this president. The uptight left wing extremists just can’t handle this humor. Their stuck up heads are so far up their asses that they literally shit their brains

Reactions: _glaciers
TDS!

Love this president. The uptight left wing extremists just can’t handle this humor. Their stuck up heads are so far up their asses that they literally shit their brains

Serious question - at what point would you have problems with POTUS publicly joking about this sort of thing? Where would you draw a line? Is there a line?

Serious question - at what point would you have problems with POTUS publicly joking about this sort of thing? Where would you draw a line? Is there a line?
There’s a line if he makes clearly racist comments. That’s one example. Clear comments that are not open to interpretation

There’s a line if he makes clearly racist comments. That’s one example. Clear comments that are not open to interpretation
What if it's a joke though? Would a "clearly racist" statement made as part of a joke be OK because it was a joke?

What if it's a joke though? Would a "clearly racist" statement made as part of a joke be OK because it was a joke?
When we're talking about comedians like Dave Chappelle, I whole-heartedly protect their "everything and everybody is fair game for comedy" assertion, no matter what the comedian's political leanings.

But the POTUS? No way. I know it's hard to fathom here in the Trump era but Presidents should be about uniting the people, not making fun of them.

Psychological issues you say?? Who other than you and Disney characters even use this terminology. You literally have the mentality and social skills of a child. Seriously
He's right. Calling someone Frump = garbage.

It depends on the context, but it would probably not be OK. Some things you don’t joke about. Like the Holocaust. I hear that all the time from Democrats like AOC.
I don’t think even Trump would cross that line. I hardly thought that those comments in Charlottesville were Earth shattering to people without TDS.

As far as the McCain jokes, he’s not a military guy and didn’t like him. He NEVER would say something nice and McCain and his family were the same way about Trump. He’s speaks his mind and the people who want a “presidential” POTUS can’t handle that.

It depends on the context, but it would probably not be OK. Some things you don’t joke about. Like the Holocaust. ...
I don’t think even Trump would cross that line. I hardly thought that those comments in Charlottesville were Earth shattering to people without TDS.
Holocaust jokes are over-the-line but White Supremacists who marched through Charlottesville with torches shouting vile things about Jews weren't that bad?
As far as the McCain jokes, he’s not a military guy and didn’t like him. He NEVER would say something nice and McCain and his family were the same way about Trump.
McCain did not like Trump but he wasn't anywhere close to being as crass or as crude in his remarks as Trump was. When Trump refused to call McCain a war hero and said he liked war heroes "who didn't get captured," do you think that atrocious swipe only applied to McCain and not to all the POWs who've loyally served our country under horrible conditions?

McCain did not like Trump but he wasn't anywhere close to being as crass or as crude in his remarks as Trump was. When Trump refused to call McCain a war hero and said he liked war heroes "who didn't get captured," do you think that atrocious swipe only applied to McCain and not to all the POWs who've loyally served our country under horrible conditions?
Why don’t you refresh your memory about some of McCain’s daughter’s comments It was directed at McCain. It was a personal backhand comment directed at HIM. STOP DRAWING YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Trump didn't joke about liking war heroes who weren't captured?
What argument are you trying to make now? You went from an executive order about Biden joke to racism, to the Holocaust to McCain??

Trump jokes and he hasn’t crossed the line to non-TDS people

Try to stay focused

What argument are you trying to make now? You went from an executive order about Biden joke to racism, to the Holocaust to McCain??

Try to stay focused
LOL--who was the guy who has 'joked' about an executive order about Biden ... about racism and White Nationalists shouting vile things about Jews ... about John McCain's war hero status? If you want focus, please tell that to your President.

LOL--who was the guy who has 'joked' about an executive order about Biden ... about racism and White Nationalists shouting vile things about Jews ... about John McCain's war hero status? If you want focus, please tell that to your President.
Your resident sociopathic, serial killer, pedophile, TDS-obsessed, buddy Ninjaknight said that Trump is going against the constitution by jokingly talking about Biden.

I don’t have a problem with it Nobody is even talking about this.

Maybe you need to speak to HIM.

The president jokes. You have a problem with it because you’re uptight like nervous Nancy

It depends on the context, but it would probably not be OK. Some things you don’t joke about. Like the Holocaust. I hear that all the time from Democrats like AOC.

As far as the McCain jokes, he’s not a military guy and didn’t like him. He NEVER would say something nice and McCain and his family were the same way about Trump. He’s speaks his mind and the people who want a “presidential” POTUS can’t handle that.

As POTUS, would it be acceptable to "joke" about nuking China?

I see a huge difference in things that are distasteful vs things are harmful to democratic norms or national security. I don't think a circumstance exists where a POTUS is justified in publicly "joking" about serving more than two terms. I'd say that's the equivalent to joking about confiscating everyone's guns, or joking about banning religion, or joking about ending the first amendment.

Here's the problem. From your perspective, Trump is not an existential threat. So you see those third term jokes, or lock her up chants, or all the other norm-breaking things Trump does as harmless. And if someone views them as dangerous, you rationalize away their argument as TDS.

The problem is this - if someone actually wanted to jail political enemies, silence the press, and find a way to a third term, this normalization would be a key step in that process. Which is why joking about it - in public - should be unacceptable. This is how frogs are boiled.

This was clearly a Joke. And everyone in the audience knew it was a joke. Trump says plenty of stuff that annoys me, but this is not one of those things. Anyone who was upset over this comment needs to go take a Valium pill.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

I see a huge difference in things that are distasteful vs things are harmful to democratic norms or national security. I don't think a circumstance exists where a POTUS is justified in publicly "joking" about serving more than two terms. I'd say that's the equivalent to joking about confiscating everyone's guns, or joking about banning religion, or joking about ending the first amendment.

Here's the problem. From your perspective, Trump is not an existential threat. So you see those third term jokes, or lock her up chants, or all the other norm-breaking things Trump does as harmless. And if someone views them as dangerous, you rationalize away their argument as TDS.

The problem is this - if someone actually wanted to jail political enemies, silence the press, and find a way to a third term, this normalization would be a key step in that process. Which is why joking about it - in public - should be unacceptable. This is how frogs are boiled.

I get what you're saying and you are 100% correct. At the same time, the statement in the OP was clearly just a joke so it doesn't rise to the level of joking about nuking China. Of course, we do have a historical precedent for that too. Still kind of a funny story

I see your point, but honestly, I don’t think Trump wants to be president for a second term, let alone more.

I think what your saying is that him “throwing it out there” would be a step to it actually happening. This may be true in another country like Venezuela, Russia, etc., but not in the United States. Honestly, I think most Republicans just blow it off as Trump being Trump. It so much doesn’t even phase me

Here's the problem, you're constructing some grand hypothetical based off of no evidence other than an obvious joke.

Get over yourself, pedophile.

If Trump had a D next to his name, Faux News would have to spin up 5 additional channels to cover everything. And they still probably wouldn’t be able to get down in the weeds enough to cover mustard on burger, suit color, or saluting with a coffee in his hands level scandals.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I see your point, but honestly, I don’t think Trump wants to be president for a second term, let alone more.

I think what your saying is that him “throwing it out there” would be a step to it actually happening. This may be true in another country like Venezuela, Russia, etc., but not in the United States. Honestly, I think most Republicans just blow it off as Trump being Trump. It so much doesn’t even phase me

First - appreciate the conversation. I think that's a really honest answer. It shows how much common ground we actually have. We both agree Trump doesn't have the power to do much of the stuff he "jokes" about, thanks to our robust system of checks and balances.

We were really lucky to get the government system we did. Humans are humans. There's nothing special about our DNA. The difference between us and Turkey is how difficult the power consolidation would be, and how long it would take. But it could be done. Our constitution and all the norms developed over the last 250 years are conditioned on (1)public trust and (2) the humans that work in government every day.

The first step in tearing this down would be to erode public trust in institutions while corrupting the humans that keep things working every day. You can do significant damage without actually going full Russia.

If you're reached the point where "it doesn't even phase you" - I think that's really bad. You're numb to the outrageous behavior. When he takes it one step further, you'll become numb to that. And so on.

Read historical accounts and this is totally normal. To the supporters or even the pragmatic types in the middle, no one step seems too much to take.

President Trump on Wednesday suggested that he might not accept the election results if he is not declared the winner in November.

So much for "iTS jUsT a JoKe"

• Dislike
Reactions: Ucfmikes
President Trump on Wednesday suggested that he might not accept the election results if he is not declared the winner in November.

Yawn.

Pure TDS obsession at its best right here folks

Among those signing the letter is retired Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who stepped down last year as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the Pentagon's No. 2 officer. Selva could not be immediately reached for comment.

But I'm sure you OAN watching mouth breathers know more about how our nation should be run than a bunch of 4 star generals.

The irony of any of you pedoterrorists whining about “not accepting election results” after what you’ve pulled the last 4 years 😂

ADVERTISEMENT