ADVERTISEMENT

Trump just banned US cruise ships to Cuba

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-administration-bans-cruise-ships-yachts-traveling-cuba-2019-6

President Donald Trump's administration is restricting travel to Cuba, the US State Department said on Tuesday.

The Trump Administration is ending an educational travel program and banning "passenger and recreational vessels" — which include cruise ships and yachts, as well as private and corporate planes — from traveling to Cuba. The State Department cited as reasons for the ban the Cuban government's repression of its citizens and support of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro, who faces a challenge to his tenure from opposition leader Juan Guaido amid a spiraling economic crisis.

im not sure this was the right thing to do. i was supportive of obama trying to make it work with cuba again. i was pissed when they did something to our people at the embassy. if we didnt end it after that, i dont know this is the right reason now. i think our tourism there could bring about change that we havent seen since putting up the wall around them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-administration-bans-cruise-ships-yachts-traveling-cuba-2019-6

President Donald Trump's administration is restricting travel to Cuba, the US State Department said on Tuesday.

The Trump Administration is ending an educational travel program and banning "passenger and recreational vessels" — which include cruise ships and yachts, as well as private and corporate planes — from traveling to Cuba. The State Department cited as reasons for the ban the Cuban government's repression of its citizens and support of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro, who faces a challenge to his tenure from opposition leader Juan Guaido amid a spiraling economic crisis.

im not sure this was the right thing to do. i was supportive of obama trying to make it work with cuba again. i was pissed when they did something to our people at the embassy. if we didnt end it after that, i dont know this is the right reason now. i think our tourism there could bring about change that we havent seen since putting up the wall around them.
Agreed. I supported Obama in trying to open things up because it seems to me that the more we expose their people to the kind of lifestyle americans have, the more they will stand up against their oppressors

Good. We shouldn't be granting visas to prop up Communist dictators who run communists shitholes.

For that matter, I'd fully support a ban on visas and travel to China, just as we've done for North Korea.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Tens of thousands of people have vacations scheduled already to Cuba. 2 in my office. People not happy.
Cuba sucks. I know multiple people who just returned and hated it. They can thank Trump and go to Italy, Ireland, or Israel. Amazing places.

Oh.., then there is always a better cruise destination or the good old United States

Cuba sucks. I know multiple people who just returned and hated it. They can thank Trump and go to Italy, Ireland, or Israel. Amazing places.

Oh.., then there is always a better cruise destination or the good old United States
I've heard that Cuba has the best beaches and nicest water in the Caribbean. Any truth to that?

I've heard that Cuba has the best beaches and nicest water in the Caribbean. Any truth to that?
Yes., but it’s very open to debate. There are a lot of variables when rating beaches and the water. Clearwater Beach was actually ranked #1 in the United States and #6 in the world

Disney has an island in the caribbean that I went to several years back and was amazed at how clear the water was. The staff there said it didnt even compare to Cuba so thats all I have to go on.

The Caribbean is full of wonderful places with beautiful beaches that are not run by oppressive Communist regimes.
Yeah, screw Cuba. We don't need to visit a country of rubes under the thumb of Vladimir Putin...uh, wait a minute...

I'm going to be really interested in seeing how Trump addresses Cuba during his 2nd term. If he puts the full court press on with them like he has with other countries, we may actually see some progress made there and hopefully Cuba can come into the 21st century. Those people deserve it after 70 years of bullshit.

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll] still cant let it go. i hope you and the rest of the leftists keep that up heading into the 2020 election.

He refuses to ever admit when he's lied or when he's wrong previously here so it makes sense that Shookster will keep the collusion lie alive in his head as a fact.

Good. We shouldn't be granting visas to prop up Communist dictators who run communists shitholes.

For that matter, I'd fully support a ban on visas and travel to China, just as we've done for North Korea.
1961 called and wants its failed policy back.

Perhaps you can explain to the board why Putin’s Russia is our friend but Putin’s puppet, Cuba, is evil incarnate.
Russia has a much more free system than Cuba does. And I'm not totally sure how much influence Putin has there really. I know that their countries have friendly relations but can we actually say that Cuba is a puppet state?

Russia has a much more free system than Cuba does. And I'm not totally sure how much influence Putin has there really. I know that their countries have friendly relations but can we actually say that Cuba is a puppet state?
When Putin visited Cuba he announced Russia was going to wipe clean most of the country’s 35 billion dollar Russian debt. Call me skeptical, but Putin doesn’t strike me as a guy who does things out of the goodness of his heart.

not to mention the fact that russia has alot of nukes so we play nice. meanwhile cubas infrastructure is crumbling around them. lets not forget that a russian boat almost collided with one of our ships jsut last week to taunt us.

ive said a few times i think obama was right to try and start talks up with them again. i personally wouldve stopped after the issue with our people being attacked while there. this move isnt about anything cuba has really done. its more about them showing support for venezuela. if they stopped supporting maduro, im sure it would start right back up.

Perhaps you can explain to the board why Putin’s Russia is our friend but Putin’s puppet, Cuba, is evil incarnate.

Russia is not our friend. You keep pushing this total lie that isn't supported by any actual fact or any actual policy, all because the deranged leftie blogs you read keep telling you that Trump is making secret deals with Putin or whatever.

Stop dealing in conspiracy and maybe we'd take you seriously.

Russia is not our friend. You keep pushing this total lie that isn't supported by any actual fact or any actual policy.
Quit being such a naysayer! We WANT to become BFF with Russia, right? In our dear President's own words:

"Wouldn't it be nice if be nice if we actually got along with Russia? I'm all for it."

"I hope that we get along great with Putin because it would be great to have a good relationship with Russia"

So why wouldn't we want to be 'best buds' with Cuba too?

Quit being such a naysayer! We WANT to become BFF with Russia, right? In our dear President's own words:

"Wouldn't it be nice if be nice if we actually got along with Russia? I'm all for it."

"I hope that we get along great with Putin because it would be great to have a good relationship with Russia"

So why wouldn't we want to be 'best buds' with Cuba too?
i swear you have to take the exact opposite stance of whatever trump says. why is it a bad thing to be friendly with russia? last i checked we are the only 2 countries that could blanket the entire world with nukes and end it all. maybe we should be friendly?

cuba is no threat to us. we started to have talks again which is fine with me. however they are supporting maduro in venezuela. this is about that support. if they stopped that support i bet we open it up again. do you like maduro?

Lol! Hey look everyone- another dipshit comment that Chemmie thinks is witty and clever but once again is not witty and clever.

[roll]
You've got nothing besides whatever your daddy tells you to think. Almost 60 years of failure and you're still on the wrong side. You're an imbecile.

why is it a bad thing to be friendly with russia?
Hmmm. I dunno. For starters maybe because of:
  • Putin's habit of having investigative journalists killed.
  • Putin's habit of imprisoning his dissenters.
  • Russia is occupying The Ukraine.
  • Russia's support for Syrian President Assad who's used chemical gas on his own people.
  • Russia's attempted murder by poisioning of a former Russian spy in England
  • Russia's efforts via social media and hacking to disrupt the US elections in 2016.
But let's play nice with Russia and North Korea and vent all of our fury on Cuba because...um, because... President OBAMA reached out to them!!! Need we say more??!?!?!?

• Russia's support for Syrian President Assad who's used chemical gas on his own people.
  • Russia's efforts via social media and hacking to disrupt the US elections in 2016.
But let's play nice with Russia and North Korea and vent all of our fury on Cuba because...um, because... President OBAMA reached out to them!!! Need we say more??!?!?!?

We've already pointed out numerous times on how Trump Admin policies on Russia are far tougher than Obama's and have inflicted much more pain on them for their actions.

It's not our fault that you're too willfully ignorant and caught up in Rachel Maddow conspiracy theory to read or understand when we give you this information over and over and over.

You're an ignorant dolt, dude.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Its always good to keep foreign countries at arm's length, but there are dynamics involved that change how exactly to go about that. Bush looked into Putin's eyes and saw an ally, Obama did essentially the same thing when he wanted his message to be tranmitted to Vladimir. Trump hasn't taken what I would call a big change of direction in our approach to them, and Clinton didnt exactly do anything provocative during his terms as well. To the contrary, we have had 8 out of the last 9 presidents all take a similar approach to Cuba, with Obama being the outlier, and 8 out of the last 9 have taken similar approaches to North Korea with Trump being somewhat of an outlier. I'll give credit where credit is due, and both Trump and Obama deserve credit for trying to find an end to the status quo for both of those countries. Russia is a little bit different because their political structure hasnt been static at all over the last 30 years and I wouldn't pass judgment on any president for their approach to it.

what did obama do about ukraine again?
what did obama do about syria/russia again?
what did obama do about the medling in the 2016 election?

but omg did you hear that orange man is bad?!?!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Shookster should be studied to assess the human limits of willful ignorance.
Good God, Man, look in the damn mirror!

YOU are the one who is being willfully ignorant or simply trolling. So the majority of the American People believe Trump has been all over Putin for his various crimes and misdeeds? Really? That's what you're going to stand behind?

The sanctions you mentioned were passed by Congress and reluctantly signed by Trump. As we've all witnessed, Trump himself has gone easy on Putin over the election meddling, even after U.S. intelligence agency and special counsel Robert Mueller confirmed Russia's efforts to sway the election in his favor. Trump has often cast doubt on these findings and said at the Helsinki summit with Putin last year that he accepts Putin's "extremely strong and powerful" denial -- despite US Intelligence findings to the contrary.

and the Right wingers authoritarians on here are telling everyone else where they should travel...
Third world left wing radical extremists SHOULD visit a third world country. It will be good for them to visit the place that their TDS selves rather live when Trump wins in 2020. They don’t deserve to vacation in a civilized country

I have a couple of nephews that got in there for a few days .... and came back saying it was a 3rd world country ****-hole. They were hoping it was as good as some people say it is .... but it sucked so bad they left early. Shocking news ...

Reactions: UCFWayne
I have a couple of nephews that got in there for a few days .... and came back saying it was a 3rd world country ****-hole. They were hoping it was as good as some people say it is .... but it sucked so bad they left early. Shocking news ...
i have german friends that went back in 2006 and said that if you stay at one of their resorts it can be great. some of havana can be nice, but the rest is an absolute 3rd world sh'thole. they said driving to/from the resort made them feel so bad seeing people living along the roadside in shakes built from pallets and tarps.

just recent a friend from work went on a cruise. said the touristy areas are nice in havana. they did not stray very far. it was very dirty. the people and food were great.

Reactions: The Branch
I have a couple of nephews that got in there for a few days .... and came back saying it was a 3rd world country ****-hole.
With an influx of American investors, Cuba has the potential to become the crown jewel of the Caribbean Islands. The growth in tourism would spark a wave of Capitalism and wealth that would literally change the lives of millions of Cubans and create a 'Must See' tourist destination for people throughout our country and abroad.

So, clearly, we can all agree that Trump was right to change course from the Obama Administration and keep the place a 3rd World sh*thole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT