ADVERTISEMENT

Trump moves to ban flavored vaping products

Nowadays, you can get real creative with your suicide.

Do something illegal and then dare the cops to shoot you or go on a mass murder spree knowing you'll get taken out, kill your wife and kids and then put the gun in your mouth. Man, the possibilities are endless when its your own body.

The only difference is where you fall on the 'stupid decisions that will fukc up your health' spectrum.
I’m very sorry to read about your brother-in-law. As for legality, assisted suicide is illegal in most jurisdictions. Suicide is not in the US. We don’t view the act of trying to kill yourself as a criminal act unless you do something criminal. Put a helium balloon over your head, not criminal. Jump off the Sunshine Skyway bridge, pretty sure that’s criminal.

Holy cow. Not wanting to get into details on this but you had said that he was trying to drink himself to death, is that what happened?
I'll share the details with you in a PM, Crazy.

It's usually not my style to share personal stuff on the board, but in this case, Joe's flippant dickishness about suicide set me off. 'Nuff said.

I'll share the details with you in a PM, Crazy.

It's usually not my style to share personal stuff on the board, but in this case, Joe's flippant dickishness about suicide set me off. 'Nuff said.

Whatever. Like I had any clue about this. Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Whatever?
Good point. Without any knowledge of the recent tragedy in my family, this gem of yours was totally appropriate:​
But to be fair, you did end with this.
Whatever.

Actually, I ended with please. Don’t really care, to tell you the truth.

The most rediculous thing about this news is that he's gonna ban all the non-tobacco flavoured liquids. I've checked vapingdaily.com blog for explanation, and it says that Trump wants the youth to be discouraged from consuming flavoured nicotine. LOL

Reactions: UCFWayne
The vaping disease (that was actually covid) led to a ban on vaping cartridges that came from.......Wuhan China.

It has to be stressed that vaping is not for everyone. It is a way of life that may bring you great rewards in the short term, but it also carries lots of potential for harm. Many things can be done wrong when it comes to e-cigs, and they should be done wrong. Nicotine is poison, and you should avoid it whenever you can. If you decide to start vaping, here are some things you should remember: find someone who will help you learn the vape parts explained, try choosing the right level of nicotine for you.

I don't like the gov't telling people what they can and cannot do.

However, I'm all for regulating the products and having warnings -- consumer notification is good -- on how much different things impact the body.

There are many benefits to using e-cigarettes instead of regular cigarettes, including; saving your lungs from the tar and nicotine, reducing secondhand smoke exposure, helping smokers quit, and providing an alternative to alcohol abuse. Nicotine replacement therapies (NRT) are also options for people wishing to quit smoking, including patches, gums, implants, and inhalers. The best mint e liquids I got from https://www.thevapecig.co.uk/e-liquid/flavours/mint-e-liquids.html.

Last edited:
I don't like the gov't telling people what they can and cannot do.

However, I'm all for regulating the products and having warnings -- consumer notification is good -- on how much different things impact the body.
Wouldn’t the libertarian stance be “I’m all for people donating to create campaigns to educate parents and children about the dangers of vaping” rather than creating a bureaucracy around the regulation of vaping products?

Remember when vaping was the great existential threat to the world in January 2020?

Wouldn’t the libertarian stance be “I’m all for people donating to create campaigns to educate parents and children about the dangers of vaping” rather than creating a bureaucracy around the regulation of vaping products?
Fair enough.

The gov't should only regulate, not spend money on any marketing or education of consumers.

Hence why I said people donating.
Yes, you were far more exacting than I, and this is definitely a case where non-Libertarians might read what I said about 'regulation' to include direct marketing and other costs by the taxpayer outside of actual, direct regulation of a product (i.e., just of the maker).

It would be a damn good delivery mechanism for a bio agent. Make one contagious enough and, even better, something that doesn’t harm the target demo as much as other demos and it would be almost impossible to detect the origin. Not saying this happened but it really could be exploited.

Vaping is very popular now, so it is strange why he would do that. Still, maybe he wants smokers to smoke only American cigars or cigarettes. This might be the only case; he was a strange President. All this wave of vapes will still be available in the US. Many people I know that smoke recommend vapes, like berry nice dot pro. They say vapes are more comfortable to carry and use, plus it is easy to refill and isn't expensive. So, it will become even more popular worldwide unless people start seriously taking care of their health.

Vaping is very popular now, so it is strange why he would do that. Still, maybe he wants smokers to smoke only American cigars or cigarettes. This might be the only case; he was a strange President. All this wave of vapes will still be available in the US. Many people I know that smoke recommend vapes, like berry nice dot pro. They say vapes are more comfortable to carry and use, plus it is easy to refill and isn't expensive. So, it will become even more popular worldwide unless people start seriously taking care of their health.
More young people that vap are 7 times more likely to become cigarette smokers in just 1 year.

ADVERTISEMENT