ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to declare national emergency

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Huge win for the 2020 president who now doesn't have to work with Congress to address the following national emergencies:

Climate change
Healthcare
Student loans
Gun violence
Income inequality

This is really going to get interesting if it happens. Because now we get to see which Republicans are just hanging off Trump’s nutsack at every beck and call and which are going to go against him and provide the proper checks to Presidential authority when this is brought to a vote.

McConnell has gotta be fuming.

This is really going to get interesting if it happens. Because now we get to see which Republicans are just hanging off Trump’s nutsack at every beck and call and which are going to go against him and provide the proper checks to Presidential authority when this is brought to a vote.

McConnell has gotta be fuming.
There are no principled conservatives left. They all only care about owning the libs. They will lap up this expanding executive power.

I can't wait for our resident Trump nut huggers, who ALL said Trump declaring a Nat'l emergency was a bad idea, to blindly and idiotically support this insane move like the obedient little fuking morons that they are.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Awesome! I think liberal heads might explode.
Yeah right. Trump could have passed a bill 3 months ago with a Republican Congress and had 25 billion. Now he's having to use money that was already accounted for, no new spending, for that same wall.

AND we're getting the precedent to deal with future liberal policy matters outside of congressional input.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Lol you’ve posted like 6 times in a thread that I’ve just now begun reading. For Christ’s sakes get a grip

TDS

lmfao I fuking called it.

Holy shit you are a nothing but a goddamn GOP robot, preprogrammed with the parties talking points.

:joy::joy::joy:

Awesome! I think liberal heads might explode.

I'd be very careful about 'celebrating' this move. This type of thing always sets a precedence for something similar down the road.

If THIS idiocy is considered a 'national emergency,' imagine what the next Democrat President can do the first time a mass shooting occurs under his or her watch.

Who's heads will be exploding then? :)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'd be very careful about 'celebrating' this move. This type of thing always sets a precedence for something similar down the road.

If THIS idiocy is considered a 'national emergency,' imagine what the next Democrat President can do the first time a mass shooting occurs under his or her watch.

Who's heads will be exploding then? :)

Let's let everything play out. I personally want a bipartisan group to focus on a balanced budget and I'm done with the wall fights.

I really don't like this move, but do believe we need to put up the wall where it makes sense to put it up.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It was and is a mistake that probably gets blocked in court anyways. It shouldn't be done since it'll just be weaponized by a Democrat later for something that has even less legal authority, such as trying to slap some "wealth tax" on richies.

But let's be real, the precedent for this type of executive over reach isn't being set today. It was set in 2012 when Obama decided that he was going to skip Congress all together and set his own immigration law by legalizing people here illegally. It wasn't called a "National Emergency" but it might as well have been.

Also let's just remember: this is even being floated because the Democrats are so goddamn pathetic when it comes to funding CBP priorities. The $5.7B number came from CBP to put walls/barriers on at least 200 miles at the border. The Democrats in turn fund a pathetic 50 miles.

It'd be great if we didn't have 1 of 2 national parties committed to assuring that our border isn't secured in a manner that our CBP professionals are asking for.

But let's be real, the precedent for this type of executive over reach isn't being set today. It was set in 2012 when Obama...

It wasn't called a "National Emergency" but it might as well have been.

"The precedent was set for doing this when Obama didn't do this"

What a chud.

It'd be great if we didn't have 1 of 2 national parties committed to assuring that our border isn't secured in a manner that our CBP professionals are asking for.

The democrats agreed to increase funding by 1.3 billion dollars while border crossings are at a 45 year low.

They agreed to increse funding something that is less of a problem now than it has been in decades. So maybe they are just trying to be good stewards of our tax money?

The democrats agreed to increase funding by 1.3 billion dollars while border crossings are at a 45 year low.

They agreed to increse funding something that is less of a problem now than it has been in decades. So maybe they are just trying to be good stewards of our tax money?

Lol are you seriously trying to have Democrats take the kudos for border crossing reductions??

Our border has been abused for decades thanks in large part to then and feckless other republicans. CBP stated what they need and he democrats ignored it.

We’re talkinf about a party that is cheerleading $35 Trillion health care plans and $80 Trillion “green deals” yet find $5.7B for legacy CBP priorities too much.

Lol “stewards of our money” lol lol

Lol are you seriously trying to have Democrats take the kudos for border crossing reductions??

Our border has been abused for decades thanks in large part to then and feckless other republicans. CBP stated what they need and he democrats ignored it.

We’re talkinf about a party that is cheerleading $35 Trillion health care plans and $80 Trillion “green deals” yet find $5.7B for legacy CBP priorities too much.

Lol “stewards of our money” lol lol
Throwing money at a problem that is at its least problematic in the last 45 years is a waste of money. We have other actual problems.

Throwing money at a problem that is at its least problematic in the last 45 years is a waste of money. We have other actual problems.

Lol says the guy in love with a $35-40 Trillion 10 year cost for a govenrment health care take over

I really don't like this move, but do believe we need to put up the wall where it makes sense to put it up.
i really dont like it either and worry what it could be used for in the future. however, at least there is a need for better border security unlike some of the past national emergencies declared.

Border crossings are at a 45 year low.

How do you all not understand that at this moment, this issue is the least like an emergency that its ever been in your lives lol.

how does the left not understand they were literally for building a wall and better border security before trump. tds is real lol.

Border crossings are at a 45 year low.

How do you all not understand that at this moment, this issue is the least like an emergency that its ever been in your lives lol.
And for 45 years at emergency level, nothing was done. It will become an emergency once again. We should get ahead of it this time.

And for 45 years at emergency level, nothing was done. It will become an emergency once again. We should get ahead of it this time.
So it's not currently an emergency but you want to get ahead of it in case it becomes an emergency?

Seems like the perfect chance to use the actual rules of our government to get something done.

Except one party isn't interested in fixing your emergency so you can't move forward. That makes you support using expanded presidential powers to fix the emergency?

Now read my post again and imagine it's 2021 and it's climate change. That's what you're getting into.

So it's not currently an emergency but you want to get ahead of it in case it becomes an emergency?

Seems like the perfect chance to use the actual rules of our government to get something done.

Except one party isn't interested in fixing your emergency so you can't move forward. That makes you support using expanded presidential powers to fix the emergency?

Now read my post again and imagine it's 2021 and it's climate change. That's what you're getting into.
I dont support the idea of using this power. I support the idea of voting out the representatives that have ignored this problem for political reasons.

I love how climate change and healthcare are the only issues that leftists really care about, and that the only solution to them is higher taxes. Give them a problem that we can afford and its no big deal

Huge win for the 2020 president who now doesn't have to work with Congress to address the following national emergencies:

Climate change
Healthcare
Student loans
Gun violence
Income inequality

[roll][roll]

Income inequality definitely requires the military to get involved.

All Libertarians know that every government action comes with threats of deadly force. Admitting this will open your mind and you'll see everything differently.

I see @UCFWayne liked this - yet in another thread he said that we should wait to start talking about problems until they happen.

Interesting....

I see @UCFWayne liked this - yet in another thread he said that we should wait to start talking about problems until they happen.

Interesting....
you do realize there are some 10-20 million illegal immigrants in this country right now. its been a problem for a very long time.

I love how climate change and healthcare are the only issues that leftists really care about, and that the only solution to them is higher taxes. Give them a problem that we can afford and its no big deal
Holy Gross Exaggerations, Batman!

So Congress (including those "lefties") spending 4 billion a year on border security is a clear sign of ignoring a crisis?!?!?

And this 'crisis' keeps 'growing' despite border crossings being at a 45 year low? How's that work?

Typically a President is granted considerable leeway when it comes to the courts and his declarations of national emergencies. But when Congress (you know, the branch of Government charged with the 'money thing') gives him 1.5 billion and he publicly states that if "those democrats in Congress" don't give him what he wants, he'll declare a national emergency to get the rest, what judge with a working brain is going to uphold it? Have we approached 'Screw the Constitution' time?

[roll][roll]

All Libertarians know that every government action comes with threats of deadly force. Admitting this will open your mind and you'll see everything differently.
Income inequality is a bigger threat to the American people than a few brown people looking for work.

National emergency. Redirect funds from the military budget to the poor.

[roll][roll]

chicken is a bigger troll than you. i think its time you hit the troll gym to reclaim your title. all you need is a solid 80s montage and youll be right back in it.

Income inequality is a bigger threat to the American people than a few brown people looking for work.

National emergency. Redirect funds from the military budget to the poor.
Its also a bigger threat than climate change by a factor of 100. Maybe focus on that instead of spending 100 trillion bucks to get rid of cars.

Its also a bigger threat than climate change by a factor of 100. Maybe focus on that instead of spending 100 trillion bucks to get rid of cars.
I'll focus on whatever President AOC tells me to focus on thank you very much.

ADVERTISEMENT