ADVERTISEMENT

Covid deaths pushing toward 5k per day.

Is Covid-19 worse than the flu?

• Total voters
3 more deaths have occurred from the isolated cruise where everyone was tested. Now 10 out of 712 positive cases have died (1.4%). South Korea’s lagging deaths are starting to come in too and they are up to 120 out of 9037 (1.33%). Big difference between the previously theorized 0.9% and 1.3% or 1.4% if that is in fact the case.

3 more deaths have occurred from the isolated cruise where everyone was tested. Now 10 out of 712 positive cases have died (1.4%). South Korea’s lagging deaths are starting to come in too and they are up to 120 out of 9037 (1.33%). Big difference between the previously theorized 0.9% and 1.3% or 1.4% if that is in fact the case.

Agreed. And this has been pretty obvious for a while. You could look at China's data 2 weeks ago and see that even if no one else died, the CFR was bottom-limited at about 4%.

I think what we are going to see is that the CFR is around 1.0% when you have enough ventilators for everyone who needs one. But since ~5% of cases require ICU level care, your CFR can rise closer to that number once your healthcare system is over run. It will look worse than it really is as you reach a point that testing mild cases is pointless.

Bump for over twice as many daily deaths yesterday as the flu kills daily on average.

And we're just getting started. The same people that said the flu was worse have been consistently incorrect about this disease and are spouting new nonsense in other threads. They have yet to be correct about the virus on any facet. Their opinions shouldn't be trusted on treatment, spread, quarantine, economic recovery because they have proven to not have the ability to grasp the seriousness of the situation.

Deaths per day:
3/17 - 23
3/18 - 40
3/19 - 56
3/20 - 49
3/21 - 46
3/22 - 113
3/23 - 141
3/24 - 225
3/25 -

Bump for over twice as many daily deaths yesterday as the flu kills daily on average.

And we're just getting started. The same people that said the flu was worse have been consistently incorrect about this disease and are spouting new nonsense in other threads. They have yet to be correct about the virus on any facet. Their opinions shouldn't be trusted on treatment, spread, quarantine, economic recovery because they have proven to not have the ability to grasp the seriousness of the situation.
They have already pivoted to murder rates and car accidents. After that we have cancer and then heart disease.

In fairness, you also said there would be millions of deaths. Are you still standing by that?

They have already pivoted to murder rates and car accidents. After that we have cancer and then heart disease.
Haha yeah I can't wait to have to read these idiots say that C19 is no big deal because cancer and heart disease are worse. Well, those 2 are a pretty big deal.

In fairness, you also said there would be millions of deaths. Are you still standing by that?
I said (if no massive lockdown happened) a half a million Americans and a million internationally at least. And yes of course, it's more clear we're headed to that now than it was when I said it.

This is serious and this isn’t the Flu. It’s very scary to the elderly predominantly. Stating the obvious

Reactions: UCFWayne
I said (if no massive lockdown happened) a half a million Americans and a million internationally at least. And yes of course, it's more clear we're headed to that now than it was when I said it.
A million internationally? I think 10 million minimum. We aren’t even getting numbers from Russia and India.

Imagine if Trump allowed travel from China like Biden wanted more travel with China.

The older folks need to quarantine. Younger folks will be fine in general.

Young people are being hospitalized by this correct? You at least agree with that premise?

Here's the data.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105402/covid-hospitalization-rates-us-by-age-group/

So let me ask you. Is it ok if this booms and the young people who are back at work while the old people quarantine have a 20 or even 10% hospitalization rate?

Young people will be fine after a potential hospital stay because their bodies are resilient and can overcome hospital/ICU stays. It is still something I wouldn’t look forward to catching.

Young people will be fine after a potential hospital stay because their bodies are resilient and can overcome hospital/ICU stays. It is still something I wouldn’t look forward to catching.
Except what happens to these young people if there are no hospitals available? Does the low death rate go down or up?

@KNIGHTTIME^

The reason we are staying home is to keep the healthcare system alive.

If we all just say "**** it, we probably won't die" then this spreads like wild fire and the 20% of "young people" who require hospitalization crash the healthcare system. Making it impossible for others to get life saving treatments.

Even if you say well, those numbers are inflated. Half of people who get it don't even know they have it,

Let's assume 5% hospitalization and let's look at Florida only.

There are 4,590 intensive care beds in Florida, which generally 67% full. That leaves about 1500 beds open. At a 5% hospitalization rate (very generous number) it would take only 30,000 cases of the absolute healthiest age group to hit capacity in FL with no changes. That's before looking at higher risk group needs being added in.

Young people alone can crash the medical system and then that %0.5 death rate gets a lot higher.

Every post you make is so optimistic but the numbers and reality paint a much different story. We cannot let our young people fill the beds that seniors will need. You have a child's level understanding of these problems and every post you make is "work good. Me work now." We're trying to save lives bud.

Deaths per day:
3/17 - 23
3/18 - 40
3/19 - 56
3/20 - 49
3/21 - 46
3/22 - 113
3/23 - 141
3/24 - 225
3/25 - 247
3/26 -

Deaths per day:
3/17 - 23
3/18 - 40
3/19 - 56
3/20 - 49
3/21 - 46
3/22 - 113
3/23 - 141
3/24 - 225
3/25 - 247
3/26 -
We are still on track for doubling every 3 days.

At this rate of progress coronavirus will pass the daily death total of heart disease in one week. It will be more deadly than the top 10 causes of death combined in 10 days.

Just the flu.

Italy seemed to stabilize at 700 deaths per day 2 weeks after strict lockdown. So whenever we go to a lockdown we should see the numbers taper off 2 weeks later.

Italy seemed to stabilize at 700 deaths per day 2 weeks after strict lockdown. So whenever we go to a lockdown we should see the numbers taper off 2 weeks later.

It's facts like this that make Trump and his minion's 'battle' with the 'liberal, elite' Media over "Go back to work" vs "stay at home" so mind-bogglingly stupid. Some people are 'just gonna have to die' because we're worried about 'Boeing.'

Brace yourself: here's a truly revolutionary thought: Any real kick-starting of the economy is tied to stopping the virus.

"Go back to work" vs "stay at home" so mind-bogglingly stupid
Easy to say from someone who ISN’T working and doesn’t need to

Additionally, my county is on lockdown.

The problem is that they aren’t enforcing it

Will it definitely 100% work?
How long?

None of you WC experts seem to be able to answer those questions

Quit being selfish.
You think you're being funny but actually, it's people with your mindset who are being incredibly selfish--and stupid.

Read hemightbejeremy's post again. How do you think Italy is finally leveling off it's numbers?

You think you're being funny but actually, it's people with your mindset who are being incredibly selfish--and stupid.

Read hemightbejeremy's post again. How do you think Italy is finally leveling off it's numbers?
It could be that the most at-risk people have already died.

Because we can't do both, right? We can't quarantine the at risk folks and get the folks at less than .4% risk back working and likely lower. Right

Quit being selfish.
Respond to the hospitalization numbers I shared from young people. It is almost the same as for old people. Young people don't die but they can just as easily cause the hospital system to fail. I gave you the numbers, how can we allow it to accelerate to the point where we no longer have a functional ICU in America and why would we do that? There is no recovery to be had right now. China just sent their workers back to factories and then immediately laid people off because there are no orders. It would be the same in America.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Orange County currently has 89 cases. Average age 48. Youngest 20. 25 (28%) have required hospitalization. 2 deaths.

TDS is much stronger.
Sadly, so is stupidity.
Everyone healthy under 60 will be fine outside of extreme cases.
For the umpteenth time, the issue is the virus's high contagious rate. All those healthy under 60s who don't give a sh*t are the ones responsible for spreading the bug and creating extreme hot spots.

Like it or not, this is a situation where we're all in this together.

Send young and healthy people home to self quarantine. Already happening. They don't need to sit in the hospital for 2 weeks. There are discussions about turning some hotels into quarantine areas too. It isn't as much gloom and doom assuming the older folks will actually quarantine.
So you're saying people are being hospitalized when they don't need it? Based on what?

I'm starting to think @KNIGHTTIME^ owns a non-essential business or something. He's the only one I've heard actually think its a good idea to have everyone just go back to work.

I'm starting to think @KNIGHTTIME^ owns a non-essential business or something. He's the only one I've heard actually think its a good idea to have everyone just go back to work.

He has to be a liberal troll trying to make actual conservatives look stupid. I just refuse to believe people are actually THAT stupid. I've had him on ignore for ages, and am thankful for it. If he's not trolling he legitimately needs to be under some sort of supervision due to his incredibly obvious mental handicaps.

DoD just elevated their posture to HPCON CHARLIE, second highest level.

But Trump says we'll be packing churches by Easter. Tough call on who to trust.

Update just now. 110 cases in Orange County. Average age 47. 27 hospitalizations and 4 deaths.

Update just now. 110 cases in Orange County. Average age 47. 27 hospitalizations and 4 deaths.
Florida is fast becoming this country's latest pandemic hot spot. But you can bet that's not going to stop the Usual Suspects here from their 'Alpha Males Go to Work!' pitch.

The USA now has more cases than Italy and trails only GINA for first place.

WE CAN DO THIS, FOLKS. WE'RE NO. 1!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Florida is fast becoming this country's latest pandemic hot spot. But you can bet that's not going to stop the Usual Suspects here from their 'Alpha Males Go to Work!' pitch.
Spoken from someone who’s not working

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT