ADVERTISEMENT

Covid deaths pushing toward 5k per day.

Is Covid-19 worse than the flu?

• Total voters
I saw Clay Travis tweet this out earlier and failed to get the point of the article. The original #s were based on a worst case scenario. The #s now are different because of the approaches we have taken. This is stated in the article.

He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower.

That is the 3rd paragraph of the article that for some reason people are overlooking.

This never made sense even on a “worst case@ scenario. It would make this 80x more deadly than the flu. No doctor would ever agree with that.

giphy.gif
Sadly, that photo is appropriate on many levels.

Coronavirus killed as many in a day today in NYC as die in a year of traffic accidents there. I forget which was next on the list. Cancer?

Trump wants to quarantine NYC ...
Trump tells reporters that he's 'thinking about it' and has discussed it with NY Gov. Cuomo. When asked a few minutes later for his thoughts about the President's remarks, Cuomo says "it's news" to him.

WTF?

Trump tells reporters that he's 'thinking about it' and has discussed it with NY Gov. Cuomo. When asked a few minutes later for his thoughts about the President's remarks, Cuomo says "it's news" to him.

WTF?
The left:

Trump isn’t locking down the USA. He sucks

Trump wants to isolate New York:

HE HAS NO RIGHT!!!! IT’S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!

The left:

Trump isn’t locking down the USA. He sucks

Trump wants to isolate New York:

HE HAS NO RIGHT!!!! IT’S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!
Can you show an example of this claim? Of someone who wanted a nationwide lockdown and now says it unconstitutional. I have seen you and 85 posting this across all the threads. Attributing it to “the left”, “lefties” or whatever.

Can you show an example of this claim? Of someone who wanted a nationwide lockdown and now says it unconstitutional. I have seen you and 85 posting this across all the threads. Attributing it to “the left”, “lefties” or whatever.

Lol

One of the many that come to mind is Chuck Schumer calling it a premature travel ban that is racist. Really we just need to drop all the partisan talk from high level officials. Going to be easy to second guess later when you have hindsight. China prevents the spread if they were honest with the world. We don't need to point fingers internally.
One of the many that come to mind what? Schumer said that Trump should put into place a nationwide lockdown and now says it’s unconstitutional? That was the claim. Try to stay on topic. I’m burning down strawmen here.

What are you talking about? You have been one of the most vocal left wing extremists, anti- Trump supporters that wanted a lockdown from day-1 to stop the spread.

Now Cuomo, a Democrat, was totally against a proposed travel ban from the Tri-State area
He called it illegal amongst many other things

I have to give you specific examples of the same person saying both?? Give me a break
You Democrats are so anti-Trump and TDS-driven that you would love to see the entire nation die before you would praise a Trump decision or proposal.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
What are you talking about? You have been one of the most vocal left wing extremists, anti- Trump supporters that wanted a lockdown from day-1 to stop the spread.

Now Cuomo, a Democrat, was totally against a proposed travel ban from the Tri-State area
He called it illegal amongst many other things

I have to give you specific examples of the same person saying both?? Give me a break
You Democrats are so anti-Trump and TDS-driven that you would love to see the entire nation die before you would praise a Trump decision or proposal.
Yes, if you are trying to show hypocrisy, you would provide an example of the same person saying both. Otherwise I’m not sure what your point is.

if you need examples, you can start here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yes, if you are trying to show hypocrisy, you would provide an example of the same person saying both. Otherwise I’m not sure what your point is.

if you need examples, you can start here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/
I’m not sure why you’re not getting this. The same type of people who are criticizing Trump for not locking down the country for an unknown period of time are criticizing him for wanting to stop all travel out of the most severe hotspot. That’s the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Your response is to go off topic and send me to a website that further proves my point that you will criticize our president no matter what decisions he makes

Once again, many Democrats would rather have every American perish before they would praise Trump. It’s sick really

I’m not sure why you’re not getting this. The same type of people who are criticizing Trump for not locking down the country for an unknown period of time are criticizing him for wanting to stop all travel out of the most severe hotspot. That’s the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Your response is to go off topic and send me to a website that further proves my point that you will criticize our president no matter what decisions he makes

Once again, many Democrats would rather have every American perish before they would praise Trump. It’s sick really

Hes already asserted that he knows more than doctors. No joke.

So basically at the end of the day what you have deduced is some “lefties” think Trump should institute a lockdown. And another distinct group of “lefties” thinks he doesn’t have the constitutional authority to do so. And in your mind when different people have different opinions, this constitutes hypocrisy because you have categorized them all as “lefties”. And somehow this makes sense and seems reasonable to you? Just want to make sure I’m following.

When you've got posters here who've gotten so extreme they're actually opining that there are other posters here who want people to die of the virus in order to bash Trump, any semblance of rational thought went out the window long ago.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
When you've got posters here who've gotten so extreme they're actually opining that there are other posters here who want people to die of the virus in order to bash Trump, any semblance of rational thought went out the window long ago.
I truly believe that hate is stronger that compassion and common sense in some people. It’s a mental disease. TDS in this case. There are certainly people like you and @hemightbejeremy that would rather every American die than praise Trump. There’s absolutely nothing that has been said that would remotely make me believe otherwise. The hate is 24/7 and that’s my argument. The hatred is that obsessively strong.

Last edited:
I truly believe that hate is stronger that compassion and common sense in some people. It’s a mental disease. TDS in this case. There are certainly people like you and @hemightbejeremy that would rather every American die than praise Trump. There’s absolutely nothing that has been said that would remotely make me believe otherwise. The hate is 24/7 and that’s my argument. The hatred is that obsessively strong.

This might be the dumbest thing ever posted on this forum, which is saying something.

It's just bizarre. I mean, these are the same people who questioned everything about Obama from his birth certificate to how he got into college, some of them even made him out to be an elitist because of the type of mustard he wanted on a hamburger. But people criticial of Trump and actual policies and his behavior, is somehow "TDS" and means you want every American to die. They simply can't grasp that there are legitimate criticisms of Trump.

Reactions: DaShuckster
It's just bizarre. I mean, these are the same people who questioned everything about Obama from his birth certificate to how he got into college, some of them even made him out to be an elitist because of the type of mustard he wanted on a hamburger. But people criticial of Trump and actual policies and his behavior, is somehow "TDS" and means you want every American to die. They simply can't grasp that there are legitimate criticisms of Trump.
Lol, yes there are legitimate criticisms of Trump, and you'll find that many on the right point them out. There are also legitimate praises of Trump but the left has been absolutely monolithic in their denials of them that you can be taken seriously anymore.

They simply can't grasp that there are legitimate criticisms of Trump.
I disagree. They can't be THAT stupid. They simply can't defend Trump's batsh*t crazy antics so they resort to "TDS" as their catch-all for all the criticism.

I disagree. They can't be THAT stupid. They simply can't defend Trump's batsh*t crazy antics so they resort to "TDS" as their catch-all for all the criticism.

The "TDS" copout is just their way of avoiding the conversation, no question about that. It's like the new "triggered". Just throw those types of simplistic phrases out, and pretend you won the argument and it is other people who have a problem. In reality, many times it's because the person who shouts those phrases simply isnt capable of defending their viewpoints or challenging someone elses views.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Lol, yes there are legitimate criticisms of Trump, and you'll find that many on the right point them out. There are also legitimate praises of Trump but the left has been absolutely monolithic in their denials of them that you can be taken seriously anymore.

No, you wont find "many" on the right point them out. They just say we have TDS. And yes, you can probably find some things here and there to praise, I dont deny that, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything that society looks at as overly significant.

The most bizarre thing about most of these psychopathic hate-filled TDS posters is that they are associated with @NinjaKnight. They respond to, agree with and “like” his posts

An extremist poster full of extreme hate and vitriol. I would only have to assume that they view things the same way based on the above

Proof point #2

Absolutely, their minds have been taken over 24/7 with anti-Trump hate

The most bizarre thing about most of these psychopathic hate-filled TDS posters is that they are associated with @NinjaKnight. They respond to, agree with and “like” his posts
Using this ironclad logic, I'm naturally a hate-filled Trump supporter since I've been known to 'like' some of your posts in the past. :)

I have been calling for a nationwide lockdown for weeks. But also I want every American to die. Interesting logic.

This might be the dumbest thing ever posted on this forum, which is saying something.

Put him on ignore. He's literally off his medications, nothing he says is worth reading, it will only make you dumber.

I have been calling for a nationwide lockdown for weeks. But also I want every American to die. Interesting logic.
You just don’t get it. You RATHER SEE EVERY AMERICAN DIE THAN PRAISE TRUMP FOR ANYTHING. If that’s not good enough for you, I can bold it, underline it and increase the font size

Put him on ignore. He's literally off his medications, nothing he says is worth reading, it will only make you dumber.
Oh geez. The devil rolled out of bed. If I’ve made one productive post, it’s one more than you ever could.

I've been a message board poster for over 20 years and have seen about every kind of poster there is during that time.

That said, I've never seen anyone 'go off the rails' as quickly, or as dramatically, as Ucfmikes has since the outbreak of this pandemic.
Probably because all of the left wing radicals have NEVER bashed our president as much during this time of CRISIS

Once Trump won the 2016 election, “I've never seen anyone 'go off the rails' as quickly, or as dramatically, as the left wing, anti-Trump radical extremists

Remember the posts about Hitler, Fascism/Nazism, the Holocaust, and concentration camps? Short memories, right guys?

If Trump instituted a lockdown like Europe did, I would have praised the decision. Naturally since that was the path I wish we would have followed. Honestly right now I don’t really care about Trump. I will take it upon myself to keep my family at home and safe in the near term until we have a better understanding and better treatments or a vaccine for the virus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT