ADVERTISEMENT

Covid deaths pushing toward 5k per day.

Is Covid-19 worse than the flu?

• Total voters
Yeah, really slow response guy. Fukcing morons

it only took FDR 3 years after Germany started to make Poland a death camp and 2-3 after nearly taking over Great Britain before HE did something.

So.., how long was the Bombing of Pearl Harbor and United States involvement in WW-2 after Hitler took power? [roll]

To any fukwit saying we should have been taking massive, drastic action in January then maybe you should go cry your eyes out and yell at Dr Fauci.

WHO says not even contagious in mid January
Fauci says not a major threat to US on Jan 21
Democrats still running impeachment all of Jan

Mindless liberals still insist that Trump should have been upending the country by early February.

This is disingenuous drivel from the same morons who have been producing disingenuous drivel about the President since January 2017

To any fukwit saying we should have been taking massive, drastic action in January then maybe you should go cry your eyes out and yell at Dr Fauci.

WHO says not even contagious in mid January
Fauci says not a major threat to US on Jan 21
Democrats still running impeachment all of Jan

Mindless liberals still insist that Trump should have been upending the country by early February.

This is disingenuous drivel from the same morons who have been producing disingenuous drivel about the President since January 2017
I guess if the 1300 daily deaths and rising hasn’t shut you up, nothing will.

That’s got nothing to do with what I just posted but way to use the “glad you feel great about people dying” bullshit in reply. I guess you fall into the category of people I referenced.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I read our Resident Trump asskisser's post before seeing yours and my reaction was similar.

How anyone with half-a-brain could continue to defend our nation's corona virus response when our country's numbers are The Worst in the World (despite the fact we had MORE time to prepare for it than most others) is truly mind-boggling.

I read our Resident Trump asskisser's post before seeing yours and my reaction was similar.

How anyone with half-a-brain could continue to defend our nation's corona virus response when our country's numbers are The Worst in the World (despite the fact we had MORE time to prepare for it than most others) is truly mind-boggling.
How is it statistically worse? We have the 2nd lowest death rate per capita in the world.

Oh my God. Really???

Yeah, let's argue the death statistics because THAT makes our situation look SO MUCH BETTER! :rolleyes:
What statistic makes us the worst? Is it the largest number of total covid-19 tests administered?

Take a look at the infection trajectory and tell me we've 'flattened the curve.'

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-covid19-curve/
Looks to me like it's starting to flatten. Israel clearly did the best job but that chart is impossible to read. Its also worth mentioning that over 50% of that growth has come out of the NYC metro area so a small segment of the country is greatly skewing the chart.

While it wouldbe conveniently lazy to say "Well NYC is an international hub so they are bound to have more cases", the truth is that when compared to other large international hubs in the US, NYC is a huge outlier and an unmitigated disaster of response. Why don't we see Los Angeles loading up dead bodies into refrigerated trucks like New York? Because Cuomo and DeBlasio completely fvcked up as usual.

It cracks me up to read that Jeremy and Ninjaknight are trying to say in hindsight that they knew more than WHO and Dr. Fauci

Let’s shut down the country for everything that’s suspicious.

These guys would have shot their families when “War of the Worlds” was aired, before it was a known radio show

Got to be proactive, right guys?

Reactions: Crazyhole
It cracks me up to read that Jeremy and Ninjaknight are trying to say in hindsight that they knew more than WHO and Dr. Fauci

Let’s shut down the country for everything that’s suspicious.

These guys would have shot their families when “War of the Worlds” was aired, before it was a known radio show

Got to be proactive, right guys?

Arrogance mixed with extreme partisanship is dangerous.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Arrogance mixed with extreme partisanship is dangerous.
This can not be a real post.

The people who were warning about the virus in early January and February are "dangerous," but the ones calling it not as bad as the flu are Ok?

I agree with your post though, arrogance and extreme partisanship do appear to be very dangerous indeed. Over 100k Americans are about to learn that the hard way.

This can not be a real post.

The people who were warning about the virus in early January and February are "dangerous," but the ones calling it not as bad as the flu are Ok?

I agree with your post though, arrogance and extreme partisanship do appear to be very dangerous indeed. Over 100k Americans are about to learn that the hard way.

Just look at your post. You're the poster child for what I just said. We had experts on the subject of infectious diseases like Dr Fauci saying on January 21 that the threat to the US was extremely low. We had the WHO, whose ass you used to kiss, saying in mid January that this virus wasn't even contagious.

Yet here you are, thinking your random musings on a message board are so important that it should have sprung national leaders into action in January. You're so important.

[roll]

We're not dumb. We know you guys don't really give a shit about people impacted by COVID or those dying; this is all just a big partisan game and you think this is a nifty election year attack angle. I mean, you woke up on Palm Sunday (as a "Christian" and all) and the first thing you did was come to this board to insert a new hyper aggressive entry about the President. You've clearly got your priorities straight.

More people died of coronavirus today than died of the number 1 cause of death in america, cancer. Not just one specific cancer, all types of cancer combined.

It takes medical examiners weeks to determine cause of death. How are we getting daily updates on the death toll?

It takes medical examiners weeks to determine cause of death. How are we getting daily updates on the death toll?
Oh is this the new grift? We now need medical examiners to determine the cause of death for people dying of respiratory failure in the hospital that also test positive for C19? I assume you're about to launch into a conspiracy theory arc where you now think the numbers are inflated.

Oh is this the new grift? We now need medical examiners to determine the cause of death for people dying of respiratory failure in the hospital that also test positive for C19? I assume you're about to launch into a conspiracy theory arc where you now think the numbers are inflated.

The media was questioning Birx about it yesterday, so I'm not sure that I would call it grift.

This won't ever go away. Even if this was the product of false-negative tests, this virus will come back every year just like the Spanish flu does. Immunity to coronaviruses doesn't last forever, but herd immunity means a greater number of people each year are immune until their immunity wears off, at which point they'll get it again. Then they either die or recover and the immunity starts over.

That's the reason I think closing schools was not a wise decision. The people most likely to be able to recover after infection and build immunity are no longer being exposed to it.

This won't ever go away. Even if this was the product of false-negative tests, this virus will come back every year just like the Spanish flu does. Immunity to coronaviruses doesn't last forever, but herd immunity means a greater number of people each year are immune until their immunity wears off, at which point they'll get it again. Then they either die or recover and the immunity starts over.

That's the reason I think closing schools was not a wise decision. The people most likely to be able to recover after infection and build immunity are no longer being exposed to it.

Depending on exactly what happened these people either didnt build up immunity at all, or the virus lays dormant for a bit and isnt detected in tests. If they didnt build up immunity then the whole idea of herd immunity is in question. Hopefully it was just dormant, but that has it's own problems because then it is hard to trust testing.

Depending on exactly what happened these people either didnt build up immunity at all, or the virus lays dormant for a bit and isnt detected in tests. If they didnt build up immunity then the whole idea of herd immunity is in question. Hopefully it was just dormant, but that has it's own problems because then it is hard to trust testing.
Its kind of hard to believe that this virus is different than others in regards to herd immunity, but anything is possible.

Always great to see the OP change the title to reflect his excitement over increased death totals.

Its kind of hard to believe that this virus is different than others in regards to herd immunity, but anything is possible.

Coronaviruses have been hit and miss with this though. Some strains the body builds up immunity pretty easily, but apparently in some strains the immunity has been short lived, if at all.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...develop-a-safe-effective-coronavirus-vaccine/
The “maybe not” comes from evidence just as strong, at least with earlier SARS and MERS viruses, that natural immunity to these viruses is short-lived. In fact, some animals can be reinfected with the very same strain that caused infection in the first place.

That is in regards to animal testing, but obviously much of what we know comes from animal testing, so at least a concern.

Coronaviruses have been hit and miss with this though. Some strains the body builds up immunity pretty easily, but apparently in some strains the immunity has been short lived, if at all.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...develop-a-safe-effective-coronavirus-vaccine/
The “maybe not” comes from evidence just as strong, at least with earlier SARS and MERS viruses, that natural immunity to these viruses is short-lived. In fact, some animals can be reinfected with the very same strain that caused infection in the first place.

That is in regards to animal testing, but obviously much of what we know comes from animal testing, so at least a concern.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying the most likely case is that this isn't significantly different than most of the other coronaviruses. It could be, but I'll be surprised if it is.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying the most likely case is that this isn't significantly different than most of the other coronaviruses. It could be, but I'll be surprised if it is.

Hopefully it isnt, it would suck if this is around for much longer, and would really suck it ends up being a 3-4 year thing. But keep in mind, coronaviruses are also one of the viruses that cause the common cold, and I dont believe we really have herd immunity to colds.

Hopefully it isnt, it would suck if this is around for much longer, and would really suck it ends up being a 3-4 year thing. But keep in mind, coronaviruses are also one of the viruses that cause the common cold, and I dont believe we really have herd immunity to colds.
I might be wrong, but I think what we call the common cold is a rhinovirus

I mean, you woke up on Palm Sunday (as a "Christian" and all) and the first thing you did was come to this board to insert a new hyper aggressive entry

I have seen no religious posts in your posting history on this Good Friday. My corona virus post on palm Sunday caused you to question my faith. Please explain the discrepancy. Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT