ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane is the better football team (as of today).

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Tulane is arguably playing its best football of the season, having just ended Cincinnati’s 32-game home winning streak after clobbering bowl-bound SMU.

A Cinderella story, Tulane went from 2-10 to 10-2 in one season, marking its first 10-win season since the Tommy Bowden era. Tulane will be ranked 16th or 17th nationally and playing at home, where it has never hosted a league championship game. Tulane also has the second-highest scoring offense and top scoring defense in the AAC.

UCF is arguably playing its worst football of the season. The Knights 'limp' into title game, having surrendered 28, 31, 17, and 39 (28.75) in its last four outings. The player responsible for 308 yards and three touchdowns in UCF's earlier upset of Tulane is questionable for the championship game.

Here is how I see it ...

Tulane will be the sexy pick among pundits to win the AAC. Gus and Co. will have to (gulp) outcoach Willie Fritz and staff and turn the title game into a track meet. The Knights will have to rely on their big game experience and hope the moment is too big for Tulane to punch their tickets to the Cotton Bowl, where James Franklin and the mighty Penn State Nittany Lions await.

Last edited:
Not even close. Just plain ignorance. 1 bad game, Navy. 1 complete ignorance the poster has, in the anger a usf rivalry has.

The last two games the defense has been porous, that's a fact. At least the offense generated some effort against USF.

Question marks on JRP's hamstring and can our defense rebound from the rivalry game?

Tulane is favored……so it isn’t rediculous to say they will be the better team this time around. Our injuries are catching up with us and they won’t be shell shocked by our speed this time around.

We can certainly win, but I think we will have to go into our bag of tricks…..I’m thinking of one in particular.

Tulane was down early and had to pass more to catch up. I would bet their goal is to run as much as they can and control the clock.

Spears is averaging 144 yards a game in his last 6 games. He had 35 carries against Cincinnati, he only had 8 against UCF, but still managed 130 yards.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Tulane is arguably playing its best football of the season, having just ended Cincinnati’s 32-game home winning streak after clobbering bowl-bound SMU.

A Cinderella story, Tulane went from 2-10 to 10-2 in one season, marking its first 10-win season since the Tommy Bowden era. Tulane will be ranked 16th or 17th nationally and playing at home, where it has never hosted a league championship game. Tulane also has the second-highest scoring offense and top scoring defense in the AAC.

UCF is arguably playing its worst football of the season. The Knights 'limp' into title game, having surrendered 28, 31, 17, and 39 (28.75) in its last four outings. The player responsible for 308 yards and three touchdowns in UCF's earlier upset of Tulane is questionable for the championship game.

Here is how I see it ...

Tulane will be the sexy pick among pundits to win the AAC. Gus and Co. will have to (gulp) outcoach Willie Fritz and staff and turn the title game into a track meet. The Knights will have to rely on their big game experience and hope the moment is too big for Tulane to punch their tickets to the Cotton Bowl, where James Franklin and the mighty Penn State Nittany Lions await.
We just beat them a couple weeks ago but you're talking as if the game took place in September or October.

Tulane was down early and had to pass more to catch up. I would bet their goal is to run as much as they can and control the clock.

Spears is averaging 144 yards a game in his last 6 games. He had 35 carries against Cincinnati, he only had 8 against UCF, but still managed 130 yards.
He carried 36 times against cincy. One has to wonder if theyre burning him out like GOL did 24k

Run defense has to shut down Spears and we win. Tulane QB looked led the comeback because we could NOT put any pressure on him.

I hope Jean-Baptiste plays better, he only had two tackles against USF. No bueno from your mike LB

UCF does have bigger abd stronger lines on both sides of the ball. UCF has staff and seniors who have been there before. UCF has several good running backs they have a single really good back . This game is very winnable and yah they are favored but by 3. In every AAC championship game played this far where both teams faced off against each other in the regular season , the team that won in the regular season also won the conference championship. History and stats suggest beating a team twice is actually very doable .

Psychology wise , they are on this Cinderella kind of ride . The pressure is really on them. We won there two weeks ago and their crowd and stadium is not a hostile place to play. We are bringing our band , at least part of it , and we are bringing a lot fans too. Will it be a Tampa Take over? Maybe ? Maybe not but it won't be all Tulane either by a long shot .

Add it all up and I like our chances . I am not guaranteeing a win but UCF can win this and likely should win it. Let's be real , teams don't magically just change in 2 weeks . If JRP is moderately healthy , he runs over them, Bowser's runs over them and Harvey runs over them. UCF should go in hungry and a little ticked off they ain't hosting . Here is to a W Saturday.

He carried 36 times against cincy. One has to wonder if theyre burning him out like GOL did 24k
He only has 190 carries on the season since they used him lightly in half his games, Smith had 450 in 2007. He is averaging 7.7 ypc in his last 6 games. Seems like he is hitting his stride right now.

I think I'm thinking the same one. Don't say it in public and tip our hand to the other team.
-The Wild Knight w\Rob Calabrese?
-The Flying V?
-Secret tunnels?
- Mad scientist puts Rhys’s legs on Keene’s torso?
- We put a half drunk Florida mom from Plant city on their sideline and convince her the entire team is her ex-husband, who left her with three kids and a trailer to pay for, and he might still get back with her if she brings that sweet sweet crop top wearin, one flip flop havin, three day old marlboro/cheap whiskey smellin, neck tattoo of a poorly drawn gator sportin, feathered back dirty blond hair stylin, 97 lb slitherin body over and slow grinds each player like she used to do that pole at lunch time in the 80’s?

-The Flying V?
-Secret tunnels?
- We put a half drunk Florida mom from Plant city on their sideline and convince her the entire team is her ex-husband, who left her with three kids and a trailer to pay for, and he might still get back with her if she brings that sweet sweet crop top wearin, one flip flop havin, three day old marlboro/cheap whiskey smellin, neck tattoo of a poorly drawn gator sportin, feathered back dirty blond hair stylin, 97 lb slitherin body over and slow grinds each player like she used to do that pole at lunch time in the 80’s?
Quite the imagination

Reactions: Knight Strength
Hopefully Gus will coach better against this part time coach than the last part time coach he was up against...

-The Flying V?
-Secret tunnels?
That is oddly specific...

ADVERTISEMENT