ADVERTISEMENT

Two more tankers attacked off Iran's coast

Yes, we did, and it was a mistake! It was yet another example of us supporting British Imperialism. And we said as much when we refused to go along with them in 1956.

The fallout of the 1956 Suez Incident is why the US has been obligated to protect the sealanes in the Gulf, something so many of us Libertarians want to stop doing altogether. Apparently Trump is asking the same question too. ;)

Because it means the UNSC is useless as other countries serve their selfish interests first. They were also the 2 countries that helped Iraq far more than the US during the Iraq-Iran war.

Singapore, Germany and France were far more behind supplying them than the US. Read up!

This is what pisses me off most, the US is a minority party, and other countries were doing far more, but we only criticize the US?

Yes, he made a great scapegoat after US ships were getting attacked by various countries. Man, you really are ignorant. This came up repeatedly.

Had another US vessel been attacked, on his watch, he'd be put up for a Court Marshall as well. You had to know the environment back then. It was worst than today.

And the whole reason we're flying drones now, watching everything! I still cannot believe people wonder why we are.

So in the same regard, wouldn't you agree with Trump ...

Just WTF is the US doing enforcing 'freedom of navigation' in the Gulf? We should reverse course from after the 1956 Suez Incident, as even Trump is now saying.

Don't you agree?

This has to be the most ignorant part of your reply "US is a minority party, and other countries were doing far more, but we only criticize the US?"....yes!!!! You list items that "other" countries did...but once again, who cares and focus on what OUR country did b/c right now, we (U.S) are flirting with war with Iran, not Singapore, Germany and France. In the end we joined forces with Saddam to help him KILL Iranians, 20 years after our CIA helped overthrow their gov't. in addition to blowing up an Iranian civilian airliner. Yet we are sitting here "wondering" why Iran chants "Death to USA' like we never done s**t to them. Even if other countries have done more, we should have NEVER took part period! Now all of our past transgressions is catching up to us. Remember Rambo part 3? Sylvester Stallone character joined forces with the Taliban in that movie. Remember the Afghan/Russia war? We joined forces with the Taliban to help them defeat Russia. Sure it lead to the demise of the USSR...buuuut it lead us to 9/11 and damn near 2 decades of fighting in Afghanistan. Once again if you lay with dogs (Bin laden/Taliban) you will catch fleas. That's the issue with this country, especially you 'patriotic' Republicans. Rather than accept RESPONSIBILITY for our actions in the past, many condone or ignore our past transgressions and how they affect the present. And you keep supporting policies that support the same mistakes. I mean right now Saudi Arabia is our biggest ally in the middle east....that country is horrible in terms of human rights. Hell women aren't even allowed to drive in that country. You are here listing wrong doings from other countries when it has NOTHING to do with my list. that is true ignorance my friend. The U.S STARTED this drama with Iran. Trying to play chess with countries from the middle east and the world is why we are in all of these conflicts. We have embargoes on all of these countries that we don't like and eventually other countries will simply start trading more with each other and figure out a way to not f**k with us and then sooner or later our embargoes won't mean s**t. I'm not a Republican or Democrat by the way. I thing both parties is merely a divide and conquer technique to control this country. both sides are full of crap to and are only here to serve their own party and not the people.

This has to be the most ignorant part of your reply "US is a minority party, and other countries were doing far more, but we only criticize the US?"....yes!!!! You list items that "other" countries did...but once again, who cares and focus on what OUR country did b/c right now, we (U.S) are flirting with war with Iran, not Singapore, Germany and France. In the end we joined forces with Saddam to help him KILL Iranians, 20 years after our CIA helped overthrow their gov't. in addition to blowing up an Iranian civilian airliner. Yet we are sitting here "wondering" why Iran chants "Death to USA' like we never done s**t to them. Even if other countries have done more, we should have NEVER took part period! Now all of our past transgressions is catching up to us. Remember Rambo part 3? Sylvester Stallone character joined forces with the Taliban in that movie. Remember the Afghan/Russia war? We joined forces with the Taliban to help them defeat Russia. Sure it lead to the demise of the USSR...buuuut it lead us to 9/11 and damn near 2 decades of fighting in Afghanistan. Once again if you lay with dogs (Bin laden/Taliban) you will catch fleas. That's the issue with this country, especially you 'patriotic' Republicans. Rather than accept RESPONSIBILITY for our actions in the past, many condone or ignore our past transgressions and how they affect the present. And you keep supporting policies that support the same mistakes. I mean right now Saudi Arabia is our biggest ally in the middle east....that country is horrible in terms of human rights. Hell women aren't even allowed to drive in that country. You are here listing wrong doings from other countries when it has NOTHING to do with my list. that is true ignorance my friend. The U.S STARTED this drama with Iran. Trying to play chess with countries from the middle east and the world is why we are in all of these conflicts. We have embargoes on all of these countries that we don't like and eventually other countries will simply start trading more with each other and figure out a way to not f**k with us and then sooner or later our embargoes won't mean s**t. I'm not a Republican or Democrat by the way. I thing both parties is merely a divide and conquer technique to control this country. both sides are full of crap to and are only here to serve their own party and not the people.

Dear Nutjob Gator/Bull Fan Conspiracy Theorist,

Learn to use the fuking enter button to create paragraphs or kindly GTFO our board.

Or better yet, just get off already anyways. You're an insane conspiracy theory pusher and you cheer for absolute dogshit teams. Leave.

Once again, professor Ninjaknight making no sense and no argument whatsoever. Yet he once a rebuttal. A rebuttal to what?

This has nothing to do with 85’s statement or the original post. What does colluding with foreign governments have to do with Iran attacking tankers?

88*?

Dear Nutjob Gator/Bull Fan Conspiracy Theorist,

Learn to use the fuking enter button to create paragraphs or kindly GTFO our board.

Or better yet, just get off already anyways. You're an insane conspiracy theory pusher and you cheer for absolute dogshit teams. Leave.

Truth hurts?

just like ucfbs, tldr

Maybe we can get @GatorBull325 to blame the US for the invasion of France by Nazi Germany too?

It was all the fault of Warren Harden and Herbert Hoover.

just like ucfbs, tldr
Touché

Although his are, admittedly, only half as long as mine. Probably has to do with the fact that he only blames the US and Republican leadership, instead of looking at other countries and the Democratic party too.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
BREAKING NEWS: IRAN SAYS IT HAS BEGUN STOCKPILING ENRICHED URANIUM
By Kevin Ryan

When Washington withdrew from the Iranian nuclear deal, the terms of the deal still remained in effect for the remaining signatories—France, the U.K., Germany, Russia and China. However, Iran today announced it is violating the agreement, a step that could lead to the unraveling of the agreement with the remaining participants.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif says the country has breached the 2015 nuclear deal’s limits on enriched uranium. Europe has warned that the agreement could be dissolved if Iran moves further in noncompliance. Iran has said it could begin violating other aspects of the deal later this week.

Europe has pledged to keep foreign investment and trade flowing to Iran, however most companies are wary of doing business with Tehran and risking U.S. sanctioning. President Trump pulled the U.S. out of the nuclear deal because he says it failed to stem Iran’s military moves in the region or prevent it from eventually creating a nuclear weapon.

SOURCE: https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-says-it-breached-nuclear-pact-11561982871

raise your hand if you didnt see this coming

A German intel agency reported way back in 2016 that Iran was violating the JCPOA but both Merkel’s regime and our own State department dismissed it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn.../germany-iran-violate-nuclear-deal/index.html

The agreement left military sites off limits for inspection, the entire agreement had a 10 year sunset clause, and the Iranians immediately began pumping money into their ICBM program after signing.

All of the influx of money they received went to their missile program or to their huge numbers of fighters abroad, namely on the border with Israel. The economy barely improved a bit despite this influx of money and promise of new trade.

But no, these guys are great partners and we're totally being too hard on them

As I said before, the 1994 North Korean agreement all over again. By 1999, the Clinton administration had to admit, even if not publicly, that the agreement was being ignored by 1998.

Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive.

Reactions: UCFWayne
As I said before, the 1994 North Korean agreement all over again. By 1999, the Clinton administration had to admit, even if not publicly, that the agreement was being ignored by 1998.

Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive.
Oops, you used a NK example.

_107834621_british_tanker_gulf_640map-nc.png

Iranian boats 'tried to intercept British tanker'

Iranian boats tried to impede a British oil tanker near the Gulf - before being driven off by a Royal Navy ship, the Ministry of Defence has said.

_107834621_british_tanker_gulf_640map-nc.png

Iranian boats 'tried to intercept British tanker'

Iranian boats tried to impede a British oil tanker near the Gulf - before being driven off by a Royal Navy ship, the Ministry of Defence has said.

I'm sure they'll claim this tanker went into their waters and lie, just as they lied about our drone being in their airspace, just as they lied about blowing up those tankers, just as they lied about arming terrorist groups all around the region, just as they lied about sending IRGC troops into Iraq to kill American soliders, etc

I'm sure they'll claim this tanker went into their waters and lie, just as they lied about our drone being in their airspace, just as they lied about blowing up those tankers, just as they lied about arming terrorist groups all around the region, just as they lied about sending IRGC troops into Iraq to kill American soliders, etc
i read somewhere they tried to divert the tanker into iranian waters

If this were an American ship, liberals here would be blaming Trump and patting Iran on the ass for just doing what they feel is right in the face of meanie Trump.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and UCFBS
If this were an American ship, liberals here would be blaming Trump and patting Iran on the ass for just doing what they feel is right in the face of meanie Trump.
As well as the few, Clinton war-hawk Progressives saying he was 'too weak.'

Why is it that every time something happens on the news there always has to be a "Liberals" comment from a Republican? lol Don't you guys ever get tired of going back and fourth?

Why is it that every time something happens on the news there always has to be a "Liberals" comment from a Republican? lol Don't you guys ever get tired of going back and fourth?

I think you're just offended that what I wrote is exactly true and you know it.

I do commend you though for not trying to declare that this is all the fault of the US as you've done in the past for most everything else.

It's just corny and stupid. Liberal this, Trumptard that, Libtard this...blah, blah, blah....I hate this new era of politics. It has grown up bickering like children.
funny from the guy that said this...
:cool2: I kind of don't care. I come here out of boredom. And annoy people like you. It's fun.

Some of the stuff you guys post are so ridiculous, I have to troll. Just angry and bitter ass right-wingers lol
so you admit that you like to contribute to this new era of politics of bickering like little children even though you claim to be above it?

so you admit that you like to contribute to this new era of politics of bickering like little children even though you claim to be above it?

No, truth be told I dont even like 2 discuss politics anymore, but the ****ery on this board is hilarious and I couldnt help myself. I initially came here for football. We dont even discuss politics at the Bullpen nor do we want to. Strictly sports over there. And yes, I am still above it

No, truth be told I dont even like 2 discuss politics anymore, but the ****ery on this board is hilarious and I couldnt help myself. I initially came here for football. We dont even discuss politics at the Bullpen nor do we want to. Strictly sports over there. And yes, I am still above it
you dont like to discuss politics but you came here specifically to discuss politics. you dont like this divisive era of politics but decided to engage in that very thing here. you also enjoy trolling right wingers. yet you are somehow above all of that.

im guessing logic was not a prereq or one of your electives while at usf.

LOLLLLLL

Dude is a Gator Bull fan and yet he’s here to bitch about the content on a UCF board. Holy crap. The sense of entitlement is overwhelming here

you dont like to discuss politics but you came here specifically to discuss politics. you dont like this divisive era of politics but decided to engage in that very thing here. you also enjoy trolling right wingers. yet you are somehow above all of that.

im guessing logic was not a prereq or one of your electives while at usf.
I got bored so I came out of retirement to **** around and annoy you guys. It obviously worked b/c you cant stop reaching out to me. By the way, I am an UF alumni, not USF. I just like the football team.

LOLLLLLL

Dude is a Gator Bull fan and yet he’s here to bitch about the content on a UCF board. Holy crap. The sense of entitlement is overwhelming here

I came to this board for funny football post about USF. Some of you guys are just so bitter. but once i saw the political section, it was even funnier. You and a few other s are some true "stereotypical" right-wingers who spew out the same bullshit talking points that you were conditioned to say.

I hope we shoot down every asshole Iranian drone that threatens to bomb more ships or attack more US aircraft
We didn't shoot it down. No ordinance was used.

Posting Fox News because they are the only (of a dozen outlets I attempted) outlets to list the details of the system, without ordinance, used -- probably because the mainstream US News Media wants people to assume a missile, phalanx or other offensive or defensive weapon systems with ordinance was used.
  • Trump: US warship destroyed Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/trump-us-warship-iranian-drone-strait-hormuz
    QUOTE: 'the USS Boxer took defensive action after the drone closed to within 1,000 yards of the warship and ignored multiple calls to stand down ... Marines on board took down the drone using electronic jamming equipment ... The device, known as the Light Marine Air Defense Integrated System, deployed for the first time in January aboard the USS Kearsarge, the same class of warship as the USS Boxer.'
I've been on a Wasp-class warship at Fleet Week in New York back in late 2006 (possibly early 2007), LHD-1 USS Wasp itself.. LHD-4 Boxer is of the same class and has largely USMC personnel, including part of a Marine Air Group (MAG), and only select US Navy command and support personnel.

In other words ... if the drone had a bomb, it could have killed many hundreds of tightly packed Marines. LHD stands for Landing Helicopter Dock (also w/VSTOL jets, like A/V-8B and, now F-35B), and houses nearly 2,000 Marines, in addition to the approximately 1,000 standard complement.

I.e., it's an armed troop carrier with both part of an airbase and armored divison included.

E.g., the LHD is why American citizens and citizens of its NATO allies are not attacked when traveling abroad by warlords and less powerful countries. They can respond by air within 90 minutes, and have thousands of Marines deployed anywhere within 6-18 hours.

It would be the #1, prime, Iranian target -- or even by 'stateless actors' operating to/from Iran into Yemen and other nations -- as it houses the Marine Expeditionary Forces and Units (MEF/MEU) that would immediately respond to any unforeseen incident.

India publicly confirmed today they are remaining deployed long-term in the Gulf and Strait. From Reuters India ...
  • Indian warships to stay longer in Persian Gulf, but won't join U.S.
    https://in.reuters.com/article/mide...ulf-but-wont-join-u-s-coalition-idINKCN1UD21Q
    QUOTE: _'This is not going to stop, the situation being what it is, we will be there for the foreseeable future,” said an official with knowledge of naval deployments ... the maritime operation in the Gulf is also to heed U.S. President Donald Trump’s call that major buyers of Middle East oil protect their own tankers, a second Indian official with knowledge of India’s policy on the region said.'_
This is what the administration has called for, and now more countries are making the station of ships permanent, augmenting US aligned coalitions. Independence is to be expected, as India is not integrated into US Command'n Control, and most of the systems are incompatible, often being based on Russian systems (insert history of US-Pak, Russia-Indi alignment).

Reactions: UCFWayne

Iran 'seizes British-flagged oil tanker'

The owners of the Stena Impero, which was bound for Saudi Arabia, say they have been unable to contact the vessel and it is "heading north towards Iran".

They say there are 23 personnel on board and that it was approached by "unidentified small crafts and a helicopter" in the Strait of Hormuz.

What a great partner nation to do a deal with. A nation who bombs a Japanese tanker as the Japanese PM is in Tehran, a nation who shoots down US aircraft over international waters, and a nation who takes commercial vessels prisoner who were sailing in international waters where Iran has no authority.

It's almost as if this is a country that prioritized ICBM's over their people and sent all of their Obama proceeds to Hezbollah and their forces in Yemen/Syria.

so it turns out they did take over 2 tankers after all. i heard they raised the iranian flag on at least one of them. that seems like a declaration of war, but thats me.

where are all the people that were defending iran? where did they go?

Iran stated they were going to seize a British tanker because the British embargo'd one headed for Syria. But still, I don't understand how anyone defends Iranian hardliner leadership right now. They are purposely trying to start a conflict to appease their citizens. But most of them are looking right through it.

Civil war is coming in Iran.

I still laugh when I hear sitting US Democratic Senators and the media excusing Iran's actions because of Trump's economic sanctions, and placing blame back on the US for Iran blowing up ships and attacking our aircraft.

Just imagine the message that sends to every rogue nation under sanction right now. "Hey, Tim Kaine blamed his own government for Iran blowing shit up due to economic sanctions, we're free to do the same!"

ADVERTISEMENT