ADVERTISEMENT

Two more tankers attacked off Iran's coast

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-cia-spies-nabbed-17-sentenced-some-to-death-today-2019-07-22/

Iran claims it arrested 17 CIA spies, sentenced some to death

The Report of Iran capturing CIA spies is totally false. Zero truth. Just more lies and propaganda (like their shot down drone) put out by a Religious Regime that is Badly Failing and has no idea what to do. Their Economy is dead, and will get much worse. Iran is a total mess!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 22, 2019

crazy times right now. it seems like we may be heading to war.

I got bored so I came out of retirement to **** around and annoy you guys. It obviously worked b/c you cant stop reaching out to me. By the way, I am an UF alumni, not USF. I just like the football team.
This statement explains a lot. In the words of our President, You can go back to the shithole you came from . You wont be missed

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-cia-spies-nabbed-17-sentenced-some-to-death-today-2019-07-22/

The Report of Iran capturing CIA spies is totally false. Zero truth. Just more lies and propaganda (like their shot down drone) put out by a Religious Regime that is Badly Failing and has no idea what to do. Their Economy is dead, and will get much worse. Iran is a total mess!

No one is going to war because Iran invented a story that no one believes.

Reactions: UCFBS

No one is going to war because Iran invented a story that no one believes.
@UCFKnight85 pegged it. The Iranian hardliners want war to unite the country.

Read any local media in the region. The citizens of Iran are tired of the corruption, and with Iran's reduced income and crushing sanctions, a revolt is possible ... unless a war starts.

People need to stop blaming Trump for Iran. Seriously, he was smart enough not to initiate SEAD and give Iran what it wants. Rand Paul had quite a bit to do with that as well.

I have to say it, but Trump's strategy on Iran was probably the one we should have used with North Korea by 1999 -- 5 years after the agreement that clearly they weren't abiding by, and was only emboldening them with cash and resources. Now Iran is getting desperate, and cannot afford to 'pay off' its cronies.

Reactions: UCFWayne
im just so confused. where did all the people that were criticizing trump and saying how great and cooperative iran go?

sure seems like trump wants to go war with iran over this saudi thing. i miss the old trump from 2014 when he wasnt acting like he needed to stick up for saudi. we sold them a ton of weapons. let them deal with their own problems.

sure seems like trump wants to go war with iran over this saudi thing. i miss the old trump from 2014 when he wasnt acting like he needed to stick up for saudi. we sold them a ton of weapons. let them deal with their own problems.

“This Saudi thing”? If reports are true, which I believe, Iran sent upwards of 20 drones and used cruise missiles to destroy a refinery inside of KSAs borders.

In other words, an act of war

I don’t want to see our forces get bogged down here either. I just flew down the Straight of Hormuz to Kuwait . However at some point someone over in this region probably needs to say that it’s time for Iran to stop hurling missiles into neighboring countries. And we may help which I’m fine with if it’s in a supporting role only

Absolutely no one believes that the fukin Houthis did this from 900 miles away in Yemen

Hmmm, election coming up next year with a hugely unpopular incumbent. Nope no reason to go to war, it's not like this doesn't happen every single time.

“This Saudi thing”? If reports are true, which I believe, Iran sent upwards of 20 drones and used cruise missiles to destroy a refinery inside of KSAs borders.

In other words, an act of war

I don’t want to see our forces get bogged down here either. I just flew down the Straight of Hormuz to Kuwait . However at some point someone over in this region probably needs to say that it’s time for Iran to stop hurling missiles into neighboring countries. And we may help which I’m fine with if it’s in a supporting role only

Absolutely no one believes that the fukin Houthis did this from 900 miles away in Yemen
i agree with you, if true, that was an act of war. did they strike the us in any way? did it hit us civilians, us soliders, or a us military base?

seems like this is something for saudi arabia to deal with. didnt we just sell them a ton of military equipment? maybe they should use it.

i agree with you, if true, that was an act of war. did they strike the us in any way? did it hit us civilians, us soliders, or a us military base?

seems like this is something for saudi arabia to deal with. didnt we just sell them a ton of military equipment? maybe they should use it.
If only it were that simple. There are agreements in play that Trump seems inclined to honor, much like he will with any of our traditional allies. Hanging them out to dry could also create another enemy in the region and we don’t really need that right now.

Yep but it’s totally Trump wanting war and stuff

Why in the fuking hell should we go to war for a country that just murdered a Washington Post reporter and was behind 9/11.

Holy fuking hell you people can't honestly be this stupid.

Sounds like there will be a counterstrike tonight. I hope it comes from the Saudis and not us. If Iran declares war on us that puts Russia in a weird spot and I don't know if they will stay out of it. Hopefully, the Saudis respond in a way that shows military dominance and not just a tit for tat type of strike that opens the door for escalation from Iran. We are going to learn an awful lot about Trump in the next few days.

The oil and stock markets are going to become much more volatile in the coming days.

Reactions: UCFWayne
If only it were that simple. There are agreements in play that Trump seems inclined to honor, much like he will with any of our traditional allies. Hanging them out to dry could also create another enemy in the region and we don’t really need that right now.
ok, so let the allies that were attacked respond and we can resupply them.

Why in the fuking hell should we go to war for a country that just murdered a Washington Post reporter and was behind 9/11.

Holy fuking hell you people can't honestly be this stupid.

Some of the highjackers were from there, but I never heard any government involvement. Big difference.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ok, so let the allies that were attacked respond and we can resupply them.
I don’t know that those type of actions ever worked out for us. We end up sending advisors and then things get messy.

So in the last year alone, Iran has: increased arms and funding for Hezbollah, increased military presence in western Syria near Israel, better funded Hamas, sent missiles and arms to the Houthis, bombed at least 4 oil tankers, shot down a US aircraft that they probably didn’t know whether it was manned or unmanned, seized a British ship, and now attacked Saudi Arabia with conventional weapons and drones.

Yep these are the very stable and great partners that the West needs to be cutting deals with*

So in the last year alone, Iran has: increased arms and funding for Hezbollah, increased military presence in western Syria near Israel, better funded Hamas, sent missiles and arms to the Houthis, bombed at least 4 oil tankers, shot down a US aircraft that they probably didn’t know whether it was manned or unmanned, seized a British ship, and now attacked Saudi Arabia with conventional weapons and drones.

Yep these are the very stable and great partners that the West needs to be cutting deals with*

Lol, none of those things even remotely affect the US.

You are truly a warmongering moron.

Shooting down the Triton does directly impact the US Navy and our national ISR capability. Just sayin ...

iran-wants-war-iran-look-how-close-they-put-their-58667205.png

Already had the link ready because I knew someone would bring it up.*

Shooting down the Triton does directly impact the US Navy and our national ISR capability. Just sayin ...

And according to multiple Senators who have seen the intel behind that attack, it is NOT assumed that the Iranians knew they were shooting at an unmanned drone. Their radar apparently isn't sophisticated enough to know that for certain and that drone was as large as some transport aircraft.

Unfortunately we have some dumb people in this country who think we shouldn't dare fly our aircraft in international airspace or sail our ships in international waters.

I’m in Kuwait and they just placed their military on the highest alert possible. Eek.

The Mullahs that run Iran, want the world to come unglued. They believe in the 12th Imam, The world has to fall in to disarray, before he will return, They want to hasten that return. They want war, and if and when they ever get the bomb and the means to deliver it, Israel will be hit. Yes Iran's leadership wants war,

The Mullahs that run Iran, want the world to come unglued. They believe in the 12th Imam, The world has to fall in to disarray, before he will return, They want to hasten that return. They want war, and if and when they ever get the bomb and the means to deliver it, Israel will be hit. Yes Iran's leadership wants war,

Pence wants the exact same thing as an Evangelical Christian in order for Armageddon to occur.

Is there actually any evidence this was even done by Iran? I mean, Saudi Arabia is at war in Yemen, and the Houthi's in Yemen are actually taking credit for it, so why are we essentially assuming it was Iran? Is there actual evidence? The Houthi's have a relationship with Iran, but they are also independent of Iran and don't need financial support or permission to do this type of thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ttack-saudi-arabia-claimed-by-yemens-houthis/

Trump killed the deal. Why would you expect Iran to cooperate with a deal that doesn't exist anymore?
Trump didn't kill the deal, Congress didn't approve of it. Same with Paris and Kyoto.

Why is it that we teach kids that the US didn't join the League of Nations because Congress didn't approve it, instead of teaching that Harding pulled out of it? Same deal, Harding campaigned on being totally against joining, citing non-interference and somewhat isolationist history of the US.

Nope, we don't teach civics anymore, and that the POTUS is all powerful and doesn't need Congressional approval. E.g., there's a reason Clinton couldn't even get a single Democratic Senator to vote for Kyoto! It's not that W. 'pulled out'.

ADVERTISEMENT