ADVERTISEMENT

UCF’s Gus Malzahn uses helicopter to make recruiting visit to Cocoa

This is the sorta stuff I hoped UCF wouldn't do/become when they got that P5 money.
It is a POWER MOVE to impress recruits. I literally have coaching friends and administrators who sent me a video of Kirby Smart landing on their practice field in a helicopter earlier this week.

But it is not cheap...

Last edited:
This is the sorta stuff I hoped UCF wouldn't do/become when they got that P5 money.
This really confuses me. Why? What is the problem? Would you like the recruiters arrive in a groovy VW Bus, or maybe the ultra-cool Thing that has all the kids "off the hook"? If it can happen, if it can keep up behind 30+ other schools (and that's all it did) then why not try it? The car was invented in 1880s and the helicopter was invented in 1900s, I think pre- 1910. I don't think there's much flash with an over 100 year old invention, and if it gets us there faster, and if we've got a crew that's actually good at recruiting, then maybe we can win some battles against crap SEC teams, or maybe get a top 30s recruiting ranking. Sorry but, football players like big shiny things. Maybe we should use them.

Just to add, there's barely 1 university with a football team that doesn't use stuff like this or similar. My cousin used a thing like this to get in a Div III university for football.

This really confuses me. Why? What is the problem? Would you like the recruiters arrive in a groovy VW Bus, or maybe the ultra-cool Thing that has all the kids "off the hook"? If it can happen, if it can keep up behind 30+ other schools (and that's all it did) then why not try it? The car was invented in 1880s and the helicopter was invented in 1900s, I think pre- 1910. I don't think there's much flash with an over 100 year old invention, and if it gets us there faster, and if we've got a crew that's actually good at recruiting, then maybe we can win some battles against crap SEC teams, or maybe get a top 30s recruiting ranking. Sorry but, football players like big shiny things. Maybe we should use them.

Just to add, there's barely 1 university with a football team that doesn't use stuff like this or similar. My cousin used a thing like this to get in a Div III university for football.
Usf uses a lime scooter for their important visits

Reactions: Drew-C-F
What’s the difference how you get to schools? Helicopter is faster with multiple schools in 1 day. That’s a no brainer.

Reactions: Robert0122
yea, nevermind the exhorbitant costs of them when the money could be put towards other much needed things.

my take is that I understand that it may be necessary but also sucks that recruits are really that vain . you really need a leased Lamborghini on the field for recruiting events ? I would hope that a helicopter isn’t the deciding factor

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT