ADVERTISEMENT

UCF #1 in AAC BB power rankings

That’s crazy. I’d still put Memphis ahead of us. 4, 4* players will be like playing the old Coach Cal teams. Hopefully our experience helps us if everyone stays healthy.

No one knows what a "healthy" UCF squad would look like...but I hope we can have a full healthy season and find out.

Memphis Young guns will probably be fun to watch as Penny will help bring a lot of pub to his team and AAC.

Maybe first time the AAC is basically wide open...so no better time than the present to go out and win!

Article mentions that the league might only get one team into the NCAA. Sounds all the top teams lost several key players

"The league as a whole is significantly worse than a season ago,"

Why does ESPN hate our conference so much? Every conference has had turn over. We have it and we are gonna be worse. Shouldn't the two new coaching hires make it better than a season ago?

Why does ESPN hate our conference so much? Every conference has had turn over. We have it and we are gonna be worse. Shouldn't the two new coaching hires make it better than a season ago?
The reasoning was our top teams lost key pieces. Only one I agree with is Houston and Gray. The others will still be good.

Negotiation tactic. Drive the demand down so they can lowball us on the contract. *

UCF #1 and usf last. I like it.

I too expect at least 2-3 AAC teams in the NCAA every year.

This is the most exciting UCF b-ball year ever.

If everyone stays healthy, it will be a good metric for how good Dawkins can be as a coach. Hoping for the best, would be great to see ucf compete for a b-ball title.

The AAC coaches are likely to name us the favorites as well. Preseason #1 in football and basketball. Sweet and a first for us since both sports have been in the same league.
It was mentioned at the kickoff luncheon that UCF is the only school in the country to be picked to win their conference in Football, Basketball and men's and women's soccer.

We really basketball (and possibly baseball) to step up this year to solidify the brand.

Do we have the depth this year to mitigate a rash of injuries?
My opinion is no (Im considering a “rash of injuries” being losing 2+ starters).

I don’t think our recruiting got us sufficient depth to compete despite some key people going down.

Amazed at the UCF hype as if the writer is trying to jinx us.
ESPN doesnt like our conference. Buried in the article is discussion about Wichita State's deep recruiting but their poor coach is gonna look like a buffoon wondering how to handle them.
It didnt seem that long ago, their addition was supposed to make this conference "power like."

Prove it on the court is all i have to say with UCF MBB - I am tired of getting my hopes up for them and then some injury happens or they just plain underperform.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT