ADVERTISEMENT

UCF 2022-23' PORTAL SHOPPING

Last year we had a surprise transfer out with Bethune. Any guesses if we have another one of those this offseason??

Reactions: Knight Strength
Not sure who we go after but I am in the camp of going after highly productive, highly motivated smaller school guys vs P5 3rd string guys who were highly rated in high school.

And 4* and 5* busts.

($1 to two certain LB transfers.)
Last year we had a surprise transfer out with Bethune. Any guesses if we have another one of those this offseason??

Rising seniors Corey Thornton and Justin Hodges elevated their status. Will be two to watch closely, especially with the quality of young DBs the Knights are stockpiling.

Not starters, unless you count MK. I could see a couple backup transfers who didn't pan out leaving

Agree, MAR probably should go if he wants PT, Anthony Williams, Coles,Amari and Jordan Johnson, Griffin’s role shrunk, Gamble was a non factor most of the time.
Totally agree except that I so hope that MAR stays.

Maybe MAR and Harvey are the featured RBs in '23, just like it was Bowser and Harvey this year. McDonald and Bowman then could move into that mix in '24. Of course this requires some patience on the parts of McDonald and Bowman and good personnel management by Gus.

This stacked RB room is a good problem to have.

Agree, MAR probably should go if he wants PT, Anthony Williams, Coles,Amari and Jordan Johnson, Griffin’s role shrunk, Gamble was a non factor most of the time.
I love the guy but I don't see Johnny Richardson staying here for just 4-5 touches a game. I know that his buddy D. Bowman just arrived, but JR just might be doing the math.

Reactions: FoxKnight
He hasn’t confirmed a UCF offer and even if it comes it seems like he may be considering other options

I love the guy but I don't see Johnny Richardson staying here for just 4-5 touches a game. I know that his buddy D. Bowman just arrived, but JR just might be doing the math.
I'm blown away by how much RJ has taken away from JR. Aside from the fumble issues, it's worked but JR is too talented not to get 8-10 touches every game somewhere.

I'm blown away by how much RJ has taken away from JR. Aside from the fumble issues, it's worked but JR is too talented not to get 8-10 touches every game somewhere.
If JR gets the RIGHT touches, even 4 or 5 could make an impact. Flare him out from the backfield for an outlet pass, shovel passes (wasn’t that great to see the other night), between the tackles screens where he can get lost behind a lineman, inside draws, hell a Statue of Liberty would work with his speed.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
JR needs clean holes or space. Our Oline wasn't great this year. Looks like Xavier Townsend is our kick-returner. Anyone else confused about Swoboda getting the nod for AAC first team?

In addition to the obvious guys, I could see Gus/UCF going after any of the following guys....

CB Brian George, Texas A&M
Heavily recruited by Gus

CB Al Blades Jr., Miami
Heavily recruited by Gus

DL Zykevious Walker, Auburn
Big time player who signed with Gus before.

LB Phillips Webb, LSU
Had concussion problems. Heavily recruited by Gus

LB Eriq Gilyard, Kansas
Why not?

Rush End King Mwikata, uat/ Arkansas State
Heavily recruited by Gus

I thought Gus was a great recruiter? And McClain was asking him to come on Instagram and we don’t even make the top 4 . Our performance on the field and route trees the last few weeks had to hurt

Even though we have a need for a transfer QB, a week ago I would have said “don’t bother” about the guys that were there. However, in the past 3 days a rediculous amount of talent has landed.

Now who we could actually bring in who knows, but at least there are things we could work with.

No receiver should want to come here. Don’t pass enough and can’t get a great passer here anyway.
Tbh I really don't care so long as we keep making CCGs. We do need to win them eventually, but hell Kobe Hudson was a damn good recruit by the numbers and Gus got him in Auburn even though he held offers from everyone under the sun. He can get good WRs. Whether or not they stay long-term is different but that goes for literally any player in the NCAA at this point.

RoK is a bit of shock because he's had two very good, productive years back to back (2000 yards from scrimmage and 13 TDs), no reason why that wouldn't continue so long as he's healthy. By now UCF has WRs that are or have been paid to play, and even his former teammate is literally one of the hottest young studs in the NFL. I don't know the inside, but from the outside, I would think seeing someone like Flash vs. Gabe would be a cautionary tale.

Time will tell, right now I'd say I'm excited for JRP year 2. TC needs every rep he can get and I am just fine with him and Rizk watching JRP run the RPO for another year. To me that's three very good QBs. One has proven to me that he has what it takes should everything else align. The other two are extremely promising.

I thought Gus was a great recruiter? And McClain was asking him to come on Instagram and we don’t even make the top 4 . Our performance on the field and route trees the last few weeks had to hurt

The entire FBS level is on notice with Prime. He still needs to win, but everyone better believe he's going to immediately have Colorado's highest-rated class in their history in no time at all. What kid that plays Corner would not want to be around Deion, let alone play for him? None of them.

*edit, 4 QBs, I forgot about Timmy!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT