ADVERTISEMENT

UCF 21 point dog to Alabama, according to 1 Vegas dude

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
One Vegas guy is throwing mud our way ...
In the same token, 21 points would only be 8 points worse than Auburn was before the game (-13 at some, opened at -9.5 to -10).

Looking at the Sagarin ...
  • Listing By Conference: https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2017/conference/
  • Historical-heavy (more than just 2017 results) Sagarin composite has #13 UCF a 14 point dog to #1 Alabama
    • Sagarin RECENT (only 2017 results) has #8 UCF a 10 point dog to #1 Alabama
  • Sagarin's new COMBO has #7 UCF a 6 point dog to #1 Alabama, which is based on ...
    • Sagarin Pure BLUE has #12 UCF a 10 point dog to #3 Alabama
    • Sagarin Pure ELO has #2 Alabama a 3 point dog to #1 UCF
      • Pure ELO is versus only (no differential)
      • ELO_CHESS was used for latter BCS, which mitigated differential

no way the line would be that high with Hurts as the projected starter

I might be in the minority here but UCF made its claim & point and got more than enough attention on the issue and how unfair the system is. I think we should should just chill and move on into the offseason & recruiting. I don't think it's a good idea to keep calling out the team coached by one of the best coaches in modern college football history.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
16.5 underdog to Baylor, nearly reversed the spread if not for a late Baylor TD.
10.5 underdog to Auburn. If not for (2) missed FG's, we reverse that spread too.

Lines aren’t set for the favorite, it’s to get people to bet on both sides.*
Exactly. It's a reflection of the public perceptions of the teams not what will actually happen.
The Browns would probably beat Alabama by 40 points, but the line would be like Alabama +10 and Bama fans would be throwing money at bookies.

no way the line would be that high with Hurts as the projected starter

I might be in the minority here but UCF made its claim & point and got more than enough attention on the issue and how unfair the system is. I think we should should just chill and move on into the offseason & recruiting. I don't think it's a good idea to keep calling out the team coached by one of the best coaches in modern college football history.
You ain’t kidding. Alabama May or may not win that game. But it’s one game I can honestly say I would not bet on. Like the CFP game, it’s a flip of a coin for either despite ESPN obsession with Alabama.

It was done very respectfully. No one should be knocking any UCF fans for this billboard. It basically says we want a home'n home. Now it's on 'Bama to turn it down, or counter for a neutral field at least.

But Auburn also had 3 weeks to prepare. They benefited the most because they got their star running back back for the game. Duh?

His stupid argument is we couldn’t win week to week against teams like Auburn (we need weeks of prep and recuperation), completely ignoring that Auburn, Bama and Georgia don’t play each other every week for 12 weeks. They play some garbage teams too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT