ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Administration

So, article with details from the public records request ...

QUOTE: "[Elizabeth] Dooley’s downfall as provost is detailed in a March 25 report sent to new UCF president Alexander Cartwright. UCF released the report to Florida Politics after a public records request."

Frankly, I think the racial stuff was pretty much 'weaksauce.' There were multiple ways to address it. But ...

The issue with finding her husband a job, on the other hand ... that was more than just passing. She literally requested meetings with him in the same room ... repeatedly. Lots of really stupid things she did ... those really pushed the boundaries of ethics.

At the very least, that must have been incredibly awkward for her colleagues to deal with.

I don’t think asking on behalf of her husband is an issue by itself, but the way the exchanges occurred according to that article are pretty tactless and Uncomfortable.

Must be rough to be stuck making half a million to teach a couple classes a semester, though :)

At the very least, that must have been incredibly awkward for her colleagues to deal with.
Racial insensitivity usually is. However ... there are ways to bring people together, than just file complaints. Unfortunately that's the world we now live in. People believe in 'zero tolerance.' I don't.

I don’t think asking on behalf of her husband is an issue by itself, but the way the exchanges occurred according to that article are pretty tactless and Uncomfortable.
Yep. It's one thing to bring things up in passing, especially if someone asks about family. But her literally tying things like she did, repeatedly, and it was very poor.

I mean, forget husband or even family, assume even a friend or old collegue ... just wrong, totally wrong, to do what she did ... repeatedly. Made her look horribly unprofessional.

Maybe that was tolerated in the more family oriented areas of PA-WV-KY-OH. But it's not in Florida, NY or DC (although DC is special interest and hypocrisy ... all about who you know, and far worse).

Must be rough to be stuck making half a million to teach a couple classes a semester, though :)
I know. Don't get me started. 5/6ths of professors in universities are not on tenure tracks, and it's kinda sickening. It's literally like C-level v. minimimum wage, but on a mass scale.

Education is $2.2T/year, public education being $1.2T/year -- 88% funded by local/state (only 12% federal) -- and over $1T is post-secondary. Just public education alone is 50% more than the defense budget that includes veterans affairs and all sorts of humanitarian aid.

Reactions: Wings0fred
If a white person made similar remarks about another race, they would have been fired immediately and put on the unemployment line.

She made clearly racist remarks and shouldn’t be representing a public university in any capacity

The unethical behavior of using her position to get her apparently unemployable husband a job should also be a fire able offense, not result in a highly paid position

If a white person made similar remarks about another race, they would have been fired immediately and put on the unemployment line.

She made clearly racist remarks and shouldn’t be representing a public university in any capacity

The unethical behavior of using her position to get her apparently unemployable husband a job should also be a fire able offense, not result in a highly paid position
When is her contract up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT