ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Basketball

goodKNIGHTnurse

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
We have not had anyone opposing teams have to "game plan for" since Jermaine Taylor. No one on UCF scares anybody. Tacko is a 7'6 oddity, can't jump, can't run, no offensive "go to shot". We are mired in mediocrity with occasional good players ( B J Taylor, AJ Rompza, etc, ) but no one that opponents fear and electrifies crowds. We are middle of the pack in a very average conference. I am a huge Danny White fan but even Danny might not be able to fix this. And yes, I am a season ticket holder.

We don’t lack talent. We lack on court leadership. The kind of leadership that manifests itself on the court through passion and enthusiasm. Chad Brown is the only one that even gets excited. Rompza may not have had the skill but he left it all out in the court and was constantly pumping guys up, or letting them have it for not doing something. That’s the kind of player we are missing. With a full, healthy roster we’re a good team but you need a player or two that bring emotion to take us to the next level.

Reactions: Wings0fred
We don’t lack talent. We lack on court leadership. The kind of leadership that manifests itself on the court through passion and enthusiasm. Chad Brown is the only one that even gets excited. Rompza may not have had the skill but he left it all out in the court and was constantly pumping guys up, or letting them have it for not doing something. That’s the kind of player we are missing. With a full, healthy roster we’re a good team but you need a player or two that bring emotion to take us to the next level.

Think Chad Brown just went 5 or 6 games in a row without a FG till Temple game. (No one in the world is game-planning against him...but yes, he tries his best).

Some (not all) teams are able to clog the lane and trap BJ on his drives since UCF lacks outside scoring threats.

Dawkins has the name and clout to get into any home of a HS recruit. He has to start landing some top talent vs a hope, wing, prayer from so-so transfers that have to waste/sit out a year.

Think Chad Brown just went 5 or 6 games in a row without a FG till Temple game. (No one in the world is game-planning against him...but yes, he tries his best).

oh no man. I haven't watched a game in weeks. Has it got that bad again?

He shows such promise, but then goes through periods where he can't get anything to drop.

Rompza didn’t do anything for us either besides CBI and sanctions. I’d rather he never came here at all. I’m not a big fan of a guy that looks like a middle schooler having to put everything he had into making a pass or 3 point shot.

Reactions: PothTXKnight
We have not had anyone opposing teams have to "game plan for" since Jermaine Taylor. No one on UCF scares anybody. Tacko is a 7'6 oddity, can't jump, can't run, no offensive "go to shot". We are mired in mediocrity with occasional good players ( B J Taylor, AJ Rompza, etc, ) but no one that opponents fear and electrifies crowds. We are middle of the pack in a very average conference. I am a huge Danny White fan but even Danny might not be able to fix this. And yes, I am a season ticket holder.
Agree 1000%

We have zero post play and no shooters (BJ is cyclical). If defense breaks down we have nothing. Of course this a very high level of scheduling and conference play for UCF. But...it needs to be fixed. We'll see what Dawkins can do next year. DeJesus will be better. Not sure if Tacko is coming back. Tacko's presence does help out. He's still a work in progress offensively. Zero improvement for Tacko this year. Injury prone? Not sure.Chance McSpadden isn't really performing at the level we thought he would. Chad Brown...no post play capabilities. We also are a turnover machine. Over 20 per game is just crazy and indicates a lack of basic ball handling.

I would disagree. We totally lack talent. We don't have 1 guy that can consistently hit what's called a 10-15 ft jump shot. Our current Centers cannot score in the post. BJ is probably the most talent we have. BJ and AJ are very cyclical. Hot and cold game to game (whatever it may be). We turn the ball over all the time on passing.

We have zero post play and no shooters (BJ is cyclical). If defense breaks down we have nothing. Of course this a very high level of scheduling and conference play for UCF. But...it needs to be fixed. We'll see what Dawkins can do next year. DeJesus will be better. Not sure if Tacko is coming back. Tacko's presence does help out. He's still a work in progress offensively. Zero improvement for Tacko this year. Injury prone? Not sure.Chance McSpadden isn't really performing at the level we thought he would. Chad Brown...no post play capabilities. We also are a turnover machine. Over 20 per game is just crazy and indicates a lack of basic ball handling.
Chance is out for year. Broken finger I think. Griffen has been shooting well from outside lately. Only lose 2 guys after this season unless someone transfers or goes pro. So far our class is only 1 guy and he doesn't seem to be high rated.

Very strange OP. Very strange.

Which player did we "game plan for" against Wichita State or Cincy?

Marcus Jordan, Keith Clanton, Isaiah Sykes, Tacko, & BJ have all been players who could win us games especially if the other team didn't game plan on them.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Very strange OP. Very strange.

Which player did we "game plan for" against Wichita State or Cincy?

Marcus Jordan, Keith Clanton, Isaiah Sykes, Tacko, & BJ have all been players who could win us games especially if the other team didn't game plan on them.

None of the players you mentioned have or ever will get a sniff at the next level. Look at Wichita States athletes and look at ours, men vs boys. And oh yeh, last time I checked they and Cinci are top 15 ranked teams

None of the players you mentioned have or ever will get a sniff at the next level. Look at Wichita States athletes and look at ours, men vs boys. And oh yeh, last time I checked they and Cinci are top 15 ranked teams

This. The last time we played against Wichita the size differences in our players vs. theirs was insane. We looked like middle schoolers.

Great thinking of comparing our historical talent to a program in the top 15 of wins of all time- Cincy and another program who has made deep tournament runs recently.

Since you're a noob, I'll help you out. Blue font means sarcasm.

My point remains, which Wichita or Cincy player did we "game plan against." Its okay if you're new to college basketball.

This. The last time we played against Wichita the size differences in our players vs. theirs was insane. We looked like middle schoolers.

[laughing]

And yet some announcers state UCF has good length. Against whom?
Yeah he said that. Pretty much when we had Tacko we did. Then Brown came off bench. But now when Brown sits we bring in Rokas as a pseudo center who is really a stretch 4. I don’t really think length is our problem. More so athleticism. We need more athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT