ADVERTISEMENT

UCF-- Classy Fans

Wildcat414

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 10, 2008
K-State Wildcat fan here. I posted a few times here back in '10 when we played, was disappointed Coach Snyder nixed the other game(s), was hoping realignment would work out in such a way as we'd get you guys in the conference.

Anyway I just stopped in to see what's going on before the big game and saw the stuck thread up top about the Husker internet flamers swarming in and you guys are still being among the classiest fans out there, in spite of it all, just like I remember. I should have known they'd be doing that-- we had some of those same yahoos trashing us for more than a year on our free board (which pretty much died out as a result) when Nebraska pulled off to the Big 10. Those flamers were digging holes, putting us in, and then doing various things on them after they filled it in for us.

They really will ban those guys on the Husker board if you tell them about it.

We survived them, you will too. I've continued to follow UCF and want to congratulate you on your phenomenal season and know that being the scrappers you are you'll have your ups and downs but you always find the way back up.

So anyway, good luck in the Peach Bowl. I don't know anybody pulling against you.

GO KNIGHTS!!
BEAT AUBURN!!!

I should have known they'd be doing that-- we had some of those same yahoos trashing us for more than a year on our free board (which pretty much died out as a result)
Wow. Interesting. Thanks for posting. Yes, many of our posters left or took a vacation and just recently just returned. It took a moderator and a host of other posters to get incredibly offensive and personal just to get rid of SOME of them. They captured their savior (Frost), so that’s probably the real reason most of them left with now just a few annoying stragglers remaining and pretending to be UCF fans.

I should have known they'd be doing that-- we had some of those same yahoos trashing us for more than a year on our free board (which pretty much died out as a result) when Nebraska pulled off to the Big 10.

This doesn't surprise me. They are the most arrogant, self-entitled fan base I have ever encountered on the internet.

Reactions: Mikesi
The Husker fans actually have convinced themselves this is there team but it’s not they went 4-8 and barely beat Arkansas State lol.*
Hey, I'm a Nebraska Fan here. Just came over to wish you Luck tomorrow. We will be cheering for you.

And to apologize for many of the Nebraska Fan Knotheads who came over here solely to try and harass you. Those same people do the same thing on our sites too. And we don't like them any better than you do.

Your Comment:

"The Husker fans actually have convinced themselves this is there team but it’s not

I would have to agree with you. The thought up here is that this is Nebraska's Bowl Game this year. And it is being treated as such by most Nebraska Fans. And tomorrow I believe you will also see that in the stands. Nebraskans will be doing all they can to help you make it look and sound like a UCF home game.

I do have friends coming to the game. They got there a couple of days ago. They will be dressed in newly purchased UCF Gear. They won't all be wearing Red.

they went 4-8 and barely beat Arkansas State lol.*

Pathetic wasn't it. It was becoming the new normal up here.

Tomorrow:

Tomorrow, you will get to see and meet Nebraska Fans at their best. You will notice them. I hope you'll give them a chance. Obviously they wouldn't be there without the coaching situation.

But I believe you will find them to genuinely be there supporting you and your school. Other teams and schools we've played find the same thing.

Many will have come from the Midwest, but a large number of them will be coming from different parts of Florida and the Southeast.

When you live in Nebraska, there is nothing else but Nebraska Football. It's why so many now live in Florida.

We decided not to come down to the game out of respect for you, your school, fans and players. Instead we will be at home for the Family Game Watch Party of about 20, all wearing Red with our new UCF hats, cheering for you!

Anyway, Good Luck in the Game. You have a Great Team, and We wish you the Very Best tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm a Nebraska Fan here. Just came over to wish you Luck tomorrow. We will be cheering for you.

And to apologize for many of the Nebraska Fan Knotheads who came over here solely to try and harass you. Those same people do the same thing on our sites too. And we don't like them any better than you do.

Your Comment:

"The Husker fans actually have convinced themselves this is there team but it’s not

I would have to agree with you. The thought up here is that this is Nebraska's Bowl Game this year. And it is being treated as such by most Nebraska Fans. And tomorrow I believe you will also see that in the stands. Nebraskans will be doing all they can to help you make it look and sound like a UCF home game.

I do have friends coming to the game. They got there a couple of days ago. They will be dressed in newly purchased UCF Gear. They won't all be wearing Red.

they went 4-8 and barely beat Arkansas State lol.*

Pathetic wasn't it. It was becoming the new normal up here.

Tomorrow:

Tomorrow, you will get to see and meet Nebraska Fans at their best. You will notice them. I hope you'll give them a chance. Obviously they wouldn't be there without the coaching situation.

But I believe you will find them to genuinely be there supporting you and your school. Other teams and schools we've played find the same thing.

Many will have come from the Midwest, but a large number of them will be coming from different parts of Florida and the Southeast.

When you live in Nebraska, there is nothing else but Nebraska Football. It's why so many now live in Florida.

We decided not to come down to the game out of respect for you, your school, fans and players. Instead we will be at home for the Family Game Watch Party of about 20, all wearing Red with our new UCF hats, cheering for you!

Anyway, Good Luck in the Game. You have a Great Team, and We wish you the Very Best tomorrow!
That just seems so very weird to me that Nebraska fans would spend all that time and money acting like it’s THEIR team and THEIR Bowl game.

That must be true. Never heard of that before.

It will be really weird tomorrow if there are a bunch of fans at the game wearing red. One of the minor reasons I can't wait for tomorrow to be over. Then the Nobraska fans can just go away.

It will be really weird tomorrow if there are a bunch of fans at the game wearing red. One of the minor reasons I can't wait for tomorrow to be over. Then the Nobraska fans can just go away.
Would be disrespectful actually. Wouldn’t be surprised at all. Yes, the Nobraska era ends at UCF. Haha. [cheers]

There is no question there were far too many Nebraska fans on this board in the last month saying idiotic and unwelcome things - no argument here. But to have a Kansas State fan take the trouble to point it out is nothing short of laughable. I wouldn't expect anyone at UCF to understand just how ridiculous that is, but trust me, its beyond pathetic from a fan base like Kansas State's.

Good luck in the Peach Bowl.

Reactions: blitzinhusker
There is no question there were far too many Nebraska fans on this board in the last month saying idiotic and unwelcome things - no argument here. But to have a Kansas State fan take the trouble to point it out is nothing short of laughable. I wouldn't expect anyone at UCF to understand just how ridiculous that is, but trust me, its beyond pathetic from a fan base like Kansas State's.

Well, Kansas State fans haven't been on our board trolling us since Nobraska's season was over in October.

@Wildcat414

Know why I don't like Husker fans?
YRLu3wk.jpg

That just seems so very weird to me that Nebraska fans would spend all that time and money acting like it’s THEIR team and THEIR Bowl game.
That would be a normal response. It does sound a little weird and corny doesn't it. And I am not sure that anyone that didn't grow up in Nebraska can or will understand it.

I hope that many of you that will be attending the game will engage with the Nebraska Fans you will see, and ask them Why they are There. I think you will be amazed with the answer. And if you listen to them with an open mind, I think you see'll their answer in a very positive way.

Nebraska sees this as their Bowl Game, as a show of support for Coach Frost no doubt. But Football is what we do, and being there to support him...and you...The UCF Family of Fans, Players, Coaches etc., just seems like the natural thing to do under these circumstances.

It truly is being done as a show of respect for everyone associated with UCF. You don't have to believe that. But having attended my first Nebraska game in 1962, I have traveled all over the country to games, and met many wonderful people. This is just the next trip to meet and support some more new friends.

Supporting Nebraska Football is a social and cultural lifestyle that we are very proud of. At home games, we stand and applaud the opposing team as they leave the field, win or lose. We go out of our way to make sure visitors coming into Lincoln for Home Games have a good time and enjoy themselves.

And we follow our team. We are known for traveling in numbers very well. We played Notre Dame some years ago in their Stadium, and Nebraska had more fans at the game that Notre Dame did. That is not an odd situation.

Again, I will state Nebraska Football is what we do. Nebraska will show up tomorrow as your friend, neighbor and fellow Fan of UCF. They will cheer with you, talk to you, be friendly to you, talk Football with you, and buy you a drink after the game.

We aren't playing in a Bowl Game this year, so we are migrating to the UCF game to watch a football game with our new friends from UCF.

I hope you can enjoy the game with us, and not against us.

Last edited:
Know why I don't like Husker fans?
YRLu3wk.jpg
Please don't block the majority of us Nebraska Fans with that Dude. We don't like him either. Guys like that give us all a black eye.

And if you look at our program over the last 15 years or so, he doesn't have anything to justify his attitude and sense of superiority.

It will be really weird tomorrow if there are a bunch of fans at the game wearing red.
It will seem a little weird to everyone except those from Nebraska.

Guys, the Nebraska Fans that will be there tomorrow, will be there to support Coach Frost and UCF with you! And there is going to be a lot of them.

Lars Anderson is reporting that the game is a Sell Out, and that there will be about 15,000 Nebraska Fans at the game. And the vast majority will be wearing Red. And if your fans will give it a chance, they are really going to enjoy them!

Nebraska Football is what we do. And tomorrow we hope to enjoy it with you.

That would be a normal response. It does sound a little weird and corny doesn't it. And I am not sure that anyone that didn't grow up in Nebraska can or will understand it.

I hope that many of you that will be attending the game will engage with the Nebraska Fans you will see, and ask them Why they are There. I think you will be amazed with the answer. And if you listen to them with an open mind, I think you see'll their answer in a very positive way.

Nebraska sees this as their Bowl Game, as a show of support for Coach Frost no doubt. But Football is what we do, and being there to support him...and you...The UCF Family of Fans, Players, Coaches etc., just seems like the natural thing to do under these circumstances.

It truly is being done as a show of respect for everyone associated with UCF. You don't have to believe that. But having attended my first Nebraska game in 1962, I have traveled all over the country to games, and met many wonderful people. This is just the next trip to meet and support some more new friends.

Supporting Nebraska Football is a social and cultural lifestyle that we are very proud of. At home games, we stand and applaud the opposing team as they leave the field, win or lose. We go out of our way to make sure visitors coming into Lincoln for Home Games have a good time and enjoy themselves.

And we follow our team. We are known for traveling in numbers very well. We played Notre Dame some years ago in their Stadium, and Nebraska had more fans at the game that Notre Dame did. That is not an odd situation.

Again, I will state Nebraska Football is what we do. Nebraska will show up tomorrow as your friend, neighbor and fellow Fan of UCF. They will cheer with you, talk to you, be friendly to you, talk Football with you, and buy you a drink after the game.

We aren't playing in a Bowl Game this year, so we are migrating to the UCF game to watch a football game with our new friends from UCF.

I hope you can enjoy the game with us, and not against us.
Oh brother. I guess it will be OK, but I’m not feeling the red jerseys and I’m not having to like it

OMG that guys responses are so long winded. I hate everyone and all things Nobraska. GTF off our board!

I don't even want to read them. Not only are they a bunch of arrogant self entitled assholes, but they want you to like them too. How desperate and pathetic.

Reactions: Flem3000 and Mikesi
OMG that guys responses are so long winded. I hate everyone and all things Nobraska. GTF off our board!

I don't even want to read them. Not only are they a bunch of arrogant self entitled assholes, but they want you to like them too. How desperate and pathetic.
And I thought we were fanatics. This is a whole new level.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

K State fans have been great ever since we played them years ago at their place. Night and day difference vs Nebraska fans.

I do believe that the Nebraska fans will be rooting for UCF/Frost. Wish it wasn’t in red, but at least THAT will be genuine. I mean, they certainly aren’t going to be cheering for Auburn.

Reactions: ihuskcorn
I do believe that the Nebraska fans will be rooting for UCF/Frost. Wish it wasn’t in red, but at least THAT will be genuine. I mean, they certainly aren’t going to be cheering for Auburn.
Nebraska will be rooting for Frost. If Frost was not there, Nebraska would not be there. It is overboard that they would come to the bowl game. Being polite does not make it less creepy.

Nebraska fans are not as bad as some around here are making them up to be.

It is true they are big UCF fans for the bowl game and beyond if the Knights beat Auburn. The SEC is not their favorite.

As a native Okie, and OU alum, I've had many instances of being in Lincoln and Norman, and Husker fans were usually always courteous and pretty smart about their team, and their opponents. I will say, as a 20+ year resident of Central Florida, with a Masters from UCF, that UCF is going to be P5, it's just a matter of time, but I digress. The Nebraska fans who came on our boards and acted like jagoffs, are really not a representative of Husker nation, but they definitely have convinced me that some things have changed with the Husker fan base, and not for the better. Hopefully the sample size was skewed. I hope Frost and his staff are successful at Nebraska, but in spite of the experience that UCF fans have had with your twitter trolls, etc....

Reactions: ihuskcorn
It will be really weird tomorrow if there are a bunch of fans at the game wearing red.
It will seem a little weird to everyone except those from Nebraska.

Guys, the Nebraska Fans that will be there tomorrow, will be there to support Coach Frost and UCF with you! And there is going to be a lot of them.

Lars Anderson is reporting that the game is a Sell Out, and that there will be about 15,000 Nebraska Fans at the game. And the vast majority will be wearing Red. And if your fans will give it a chance, they are really going to enjoy them!

Nebraska Football is what we do. And tomorrow we hope to enjoy it with you.
15,000 Nebraska fans?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT