ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Day of Giving,March 24th (Link to Athletics Fund)

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Donate $5 or $ 10 or $25 or more.

Just donate.

Those wanting to donate to Athletics, can do so here:

Reactions: Knight Strength
Please give us more money! We need more money as we cancel all events that would bring joy to anyone! Naw I'll pass.

Please give us more money! We need more money as we cancel all events that would bring joy to anyone! Naw I'll pass.
Or I could argue we'll need more money as 2021 will open more events to rebound and there will be an increase in costs, requiring additional giving. The SEC is expecting to go back to 100% this fall. Everyone is ready for this pandemic to die, at least us non-politicians. I would assume as we get closer to fall, that will be the goal for the AAC as well.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Or I could argue we'll need more money as 2021 will open more events to rebound and there will be an increase in costs, requiring additional giving. The SEC is expecting to go back to 100% this fall. Everyone is ready for this pandemic to die, at least us non-politicians. I would assume as we get closer to fall, that will be the goal for the AAC as well.
I agree, this will be the end of sports if they keep it locked down. Other than charitable giving I don't give money unless I receive a service, and I don't pay for a service when you're going to yell at me about a mask and treat everyone as a potential vector of disease to be mitigated against. If they need more money they'll need to open the fun back up, I can make charitable contributions to help far more needy people than UCF football.

As Gordon Bombay stated in Mighty Ducks "More Fun!"

Thats why they call it a donation...which the 24th was all about.
I guess my point is that I don't consider UCF football and their massive revenue worthy of a charitable contribution. Charity is not donating so we can get UCF into a P5 and a bigger mutli-million dollar TV deal, it's giving money to people that need it to live or are disadvantaged in some way. People can donate to UCF to accomplish any goal they want but the term charity just strikes me as odd. Everyone can do what they want with their own money though.

Reactions: U C to the F
I guess my point is that I don't consider UCF football and their massive revenue worthy of a charitable contribution. Charity is not donating so we can get UCF into a P5 and a bigger mutli-million dollar TV deal, it's giving money to people that need it to live or are disadvantaged in some way. People can donate to UCF to accomplish any goal they want but the term charity just strikes me as odd. Everyone can do what they want with their own money though.

That's why the donation goes to UCF Athletics...so 50 plus girls can get full ride rowing scholarships or all of the volleyball team to have scholarships and top training facilities.

I’m with you. I buy season tickets, gave UCF money for 4 cutouts that probably never happened...We support them by showing up and buying merchandise, concessions.

Do with your money whatever you want, giving to a cause you believe in is good stuff if you can afford it. Donating money for my family goes to anything that benefits/helps kids cancer or Habitat for Humanity for the disadvantaged families with disproportionate income to rent. Orlando, being a large service industry economy, there are tons of families struggling to pay ever increasing rents. That’s a great one if you have money to give.

That's why the donation goes to UCF Athletics...so 50 plus girls can get full ride rowing scholarships or all of the volleyball team to have scholarships and top training facilities.
Yeah I ran Cross Country and graduated just before the ended the men's team which I still got no explanation as to why it was cut. At least when I was in school the women's rowing team was garbage, they gave scholarships to un-athletic fatties who had never rowed before to fill out their Title IX obligation, I know cuz they told me.

Title IX theory vs. reality.

Yeah I ran Cross Country and graduated just before the ended the men's team which I still got no explanation as to why it was cut. At least when I was in school the women's rowing team was garbage, they gave scholarships to un-athletic fatties who had never rowed before to fill out their Title IX obligation, I know cuz they told me.

Good news is...UCF did spend money on their rowing facilities and staff and now UCF has a VERY good rowing team.

Yes...it was a bummer Men's Cross Country had to be dropped...(and way back in the day Wrestling...when UCF had a very good Div II program).

Title IX has done some good things...but yes, sadly, some men's programs were lost because of it.

Sounds like the USC scandal. Did they at least lose weight?

ADVERTISEMENT