ADVERTISEMENT

UCF drops two spots in Coaches Poll

With UCF making the US Today AP poll we have finally past USF in all time weeks in the top 25 ! They had such a head start but its time to leave USF in our dust.

just keep on winning and we should drop out of the top 25 in no time at all.

You seem to understand all the complicated nuances of ranking us. If we really find our groove and average 48-50 pts per game, that will merely illustrate how inept our competition is.
That in turn, will dim our rep, and should we go undefeated, there will be a bowl for us versus Troy. Our guys can celebrate their success in Montgomery or Shreveport!

You seem to understand all the complicated nuances of ranking us. If we really find our groove and average 48-50 pts per game, that will merely illustrate how inept our competition is.
That in turn, will dim our rep, and should we go undefeated, there will be a bowl for us versus Troy. Our guys can celebrate their success in Montgomery or Shreveport!
I think my favorite of all the lines from the talking heads is this. If they played an SEC schedule they would take a beating or their d line and I live couldn't stand up to that pressure . nobody ever follows up with this. if played that schedule we would be in the conference. we would have $50 million in TV revenue, we would be recruiting those 4 and 5 star guys, we would be by default an SEC or ACC team and therefore our guys would be able to hold up week in and week out.

The hypocrisy of the system known as FCS Division 1 football is glaring. Right now UCF is better than 75% of P5 programs. in theory if we were ranked in the top ten we would be elite . Your logic is also spot on.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
I think my favorite of all the lines from the talking heads is this. If they played an SEC schedule they would take a beating or their d line and I live couldn't stand up to that pressure . nobody ever follows up with this. if played that schedule we would be in the conference. we would have $50 million in TV revenue, we would be recruiting those 4 and 5 star guys, we would be by default an SEC or ACC team and therefore our guys would be able to hold up week in and week out.

The hypocrisy of the system known as FCS Division 1 football is glaring. Right now UCF is better than 75% of P5 programs. in theory if we were ranked in the top ten we would be elite . Your logic is also spot on.
Well said. I'll take our guys any day for their unmatched heart and grit, and they have answered the call time and time again. They deserve all the accolades that SHOULD be accorded them, yet it's like the cold reluctance in a handshake....our guys are challenging the invincibility of P5 ...and making their point! But much to the annoyance of the power brokers! They would have you believe that despite our successes, a G5 program just couldn't handle the physicality and season long rigors of POWER 5. Sniff. And they zealously guard their comfortable club seats!

" But as I was saying, Howard, Grandfather was one of the 'Flying Dutchmen' back in 1934. What? Yes, yes, I'll have another Gin Rickey - careful! Don't spill any on my Club Blazer!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
The only people that should be disturbed by this is GT.....getting hammered at home by a lowly G5 Results in a drop in rankings.....like you would see when we squeak by an FCS team

Clemson remains No. 1 and Central Florida breaks the top 10 at No. 9 in the final USA TODAY Sports NCAA Re-Rank before teams from the SEC enter the regular season.

UCF beat Georgia Tech 49-21 to enter American play on a high note. Behind quarterback Dillon Gabriel, who threw for more than 400 yards in the win, the Knights look the part of the best team in the Group of Five and a dark horse College Football Playoff contender.

ADVERTISEMENT