ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Fast & Slow – Cincy Edition (and a giant rant at the end, sorry in advance)

gapman333

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2009
Winter Springs
UCF Fast & Slow – Cincy Edition

The day started very very early getting my spot saved at the Softball lot (very impressed with how that lot looked at 7am) and today I am still searching the house for the cat that shit in my mouth last night but through it all I am smiling ear to ear. What a great day for Knight Nation. It was odd watching the replay of Game Day and seeing nothing but UCF. Usually we cannot get as much as a 5 second spot during the 3am Sports Center. I kept caching myself yelling at my kids “shut up their talking about UCF” and then forgetting the damn thing was at UCF. It was surreal. I made sure I took time to take it all in…

UCF Fast:

· Tito Davis: Where has that pass rush been all season? I know he has had a solid season but he was in the back field on almost every play, 3 sacks, forced fumble, great game. He was playing with his hair on fire, reminded me of Shaq from last season. Need that from him every game from here on out.

· Joey Bats: He has such a knack for knocking down passes. He got one of those this game and followed it up with an epic blocked punt. That blocked punt was my favorite play of the day. That was about as loud as I have ever heard Spectrum after Bam picked up that ball and started down field and we kept body bagging their guys. And Joey gets a sack as well. His best game ever.

· UCF Defense: Defense as a whole absolutely dominated giving up only one garbage time TD to Cincy. A 9-1 Cincy team by the way. Clark had that great tackle on Warren, Jasinski bounced back plugging holes and destroying the QB on that one run, Grant playing like a mad man like he always does, Hayes disrupting, Hill beating his guys (bullshit roughing call on him, not is fault, not sure what the hell they want the players to do).

· KZ: He is clearly one of the top 3 to ever play at UCF and is cementing himself every week as being number 1, with a whole season left. He started a bit yippy, throwing high on a few but he settled in and landed some deep dimes, scrambled effectively, that flip play to AK was vintage. Accounted for 4 TDs, should have been 5 had Colubiale not dropped the wide open one. Really could have been more then that, Cincy was lucky we only scored 38.

· AK: One of his best games ever. Great diving catch for TD then the flip pass where he left tire marks on the field for his 2nd TD of the night. He is a different level fast, so much fun to watch play.

· UCF Fanbase: Well done to all of my fellow brothers and sisters. We absolutely represented this week. Broke records for attendance at Game Day, had great signs and energy. Packed that stadium to the brim, were loud as hell, all wore black, tailgated all day and somehow were professional enough not to be a complete shit show. That was probably the most surprising thing. UCF fan base of old would have gotten into more fights, vomiting, EMT calls etc… seemed like we got past a lot of that tonight. Students following the older fan base, learning from our mistakes. It was a thing of beauty. Well done.

· Danny White: The GOAT. Love this guy. He has taken the ball from the last administration and ran up and down the field with it multiple times. His call on the National Championship deal was one of the best decisions in UCF history. I am pretty sure we don’t have the press we have now if it wasn’t for that. It is rare an AD can put rocket fuel behind a team playing the way UCF has but Danny has found a way. Even getting involved with the twitter game with our detractors. Also cool for me and wife to go on the field during the game and be recognized. Danny knows how to sell access and experience. Great job Danny.

UCF Slow: I don’t have much here, I really was only upset once during the entire day, engage soap box (sorry in advance)…

· Game Day Crew: First let me say some good shit. I re-watched the game and they called an awesome game. They also all said some great stuff and the fact they came to UCF is worthy of a fast but my one bone to pick, and it is a big one, in rewatching Game Day I didn’t see one person pushing the Pro UCF argument. In fact you could see new arguments that you know they had to research this week to be ready to throw more shade. Some examples… the ass clown that brought up the old Colley Matrix rankings to try and show UCF’s National Championship claim was bullshit but neglected to add that the Matrix was one part of it, the bigger part was that we were the only undefeated team AND we beat the team that beat the “champs”. Those elements weren’t in play in the examples they gave. Another new one was all this talk about Houston from a few years ago about how they did it right and had a chance at getting into the playoff to try and prove it isn’t the system against UCF it is UCF’s schedule. All of this again with out anyone really countering why that argument is bunk. The scheduling clearly has to work out from years back and the current team has little to no control over that. , this argument actually proves the opposite. How absolutely improbable and high the bar is for a team like UCF or Houston or any P6 school to have all the stars absolutely align correctly (never lose a game, win against top 10 teams in two straight years out of conference, lucky scheduling, etc… etc… just to get a chance to be in the discussion. We are not even talking about putting us in the playoff, just getting a chance to be in the discussion. The biggest bullshit is that they all say UCF isn’t as good as the top 4 but HELLLOOOO we are ranked ****ing 11th. It was one thing if UCF was currently at 5 and they made that argument but we are hitting a hard glass ceiling at 11!!! CFP has a chance this week to get it right… We move up to 9 and they drop WVU and Ohio State behind us that would be a step in the right direction, but you know they are going to protect Ohio State who got curb stomped by Purdue and should have lost to Maryland and keep them in front of us. Finally, David Pollock, he was so condensing saying “no we don’t want Bama”. How about **** YOU David Pollock. Telling us what we want like we would get destroyed by Bama. I know I am too close to UCF to be impartial but here is what I think, Bama beat LSU at LSU by 30+ and LSU scored 0 and LSU is ranked several spots in front of UCF. My promise to anyone reading this is that if Bama came to Spectrum this season we aren’t losing by 30 and scoring 0. We may not win the game but we aren’t getting shut out and how after 23 straight wins, the win over Auburn, the clear speed and talent of our team, that anyone that knows anything about college football can so flippantly say otherwise is bullshit. The biggest proof of that is that after all of this the CFP has us at 11 (maybe 10 this week). Arguing we aren’t as good as the top 4 is NOT what you are doing when you put us at 11. You are saying we aren’t as good as the top 10 and if you think that then make that your argument and go on TV and try to explain/defend that but you DON’T, you just use the top 4 because the argument is easier, all of those teams deserve to be there but if you start having to argue why Ohio State, LSU, etc… is in front of us the argument starts looking like BULLSHIT because it is. Sorry for the rant. See you bastards in Tampa, lets make that place our bitch. Go Knights!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News