ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Fast & Slow - UCONN Huskies Edition

gapman333

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2009
Winter Springs
UCONN was just what the doctor ordered. Always good to mop up an inferior opponent after a shitty gut-wrenching loss the week before. I hope it helps the team heal and get back on track. I still feel weird though. I would think I would feel better after such an ass beating but I don’t feel that much better. We destroyed them, no doubt. But I still feel butt hurt over Pitt. I think it has to do with how emotional the Pitt game was and how it had me hanging on every play and then the UCONN game was over before we took the field. Beating UCONN badly isn’t like beating Stanford badly because Stanford had a name. This felt like what I assume UF fans feel beating Towsend this late in the season. Oh well, if it gets us healthy and focused for next Friday I am all for it…

Quick note, I have not watched this game back and I was drunker then normal in the stands because we had 22 kids under 8 at our tailgate and I had to self-medicate so if I missed anything I apologize…

UCF Fast:

· Gabriel Davis: I shouldn’t even have to type anything. It is a lot of fun watching this man play. He absolutely dominates. As much as we use him I think we can use him more. He should get 15+ targets a game. Run the office through that man.

· Freshman LBs: I liked seeing Bethune and Jean Baptiste getting some reps and looking good. I like Evans & Mitchell and Gilyard but I am hoping these youngsters bring more speed to the party. Since Shaqeum left I feel the LB speed hasn’t been good. Outside of Shaq we really never had burner LBs but seems like a defensive weakness these past few seasons. QBs easily able to extend drives with 3rd down scrambles, coverage issues on RBs. We can use some speed on the field.

· Coach Hype Half Time: I know the situation was slightly different but I think we should all recognize Hype for learning from an early season mistake. No starters needed to come out of the tunnel in the 2nd half with their helmets and I am pretty sure they didn’t. Got some great work for the 2nd and 3rd string guys and avoided injury. Whether we win 56-0 or 56-21 it doesn’t matter for shit and especially if we lose a starter in the 2nd half for it.

· UCF Brand: I will admit, I thought if we lost to PITT the media would shit on us hard and the polls would drop us like a rock but we didn’t really drop as far as I thought we would have and we bounced back pretty strong. How many of us really think we would see the day a UCF team would be 3-1 and ranked in the Top 25, LOL. Usually we had to be 8-0 to sniff that shit. I think our ranking is actually pretty solid for what we have done. With the PITT loss I think we are lucky to be in the teens and 4-1.

UCF Slow:

· Sam Jackson & Extra Point Gate: I was expecting Sam to anchor an incredibly talented Oline and they have underwhelmed some this season but that isn’t my point here, I am talking more about those weird Extra Point injuries. I know 2 out of the 3 were Sam Jackson and Brandon pointed out he has been injured on extra points in previous games as well. And the third one was another UCF linemen Benson. I find the amount of injuries we suffer during the Extra Point play to be more then coincidence. Something is happening there. Not sure if it is the way we are lining up or if this is intentional to get additional rest for the defense? If that is the case it is weird but something odd is happening. What are the chances that happens 3 times in one game let alone as many times it has happened this season? Super weird.

· Worries: This isn’t a SLOW I am just making an observation here that worries me. We had three big time defenders not play or play very limited time this past game, Grant, Charlton and Goode. I am not sure what the deal is but I hope Grant was just rest and Goode just wasn’t needed much but Charlton I find odd with him not even being out there. Charlton would be a huge loss, not just for this season but for the future. Really hope that wasn’t a big deal and we were just resting guys that had small issues because we know we have a short week and we had a shit opponent.

This team better have learned a lesson from that PITT game. Every team circles their calendar when we come to town. Especially ones we beat the shat out of the year before and in Cincy’s case one of their only losses and on Game Day. They get us a for night game. Stadium is going to be crazy, fans will be loud, players will be juiced. We better come with a chip on our shoulders. We better not let them punch us in the mouth early and run around like we are in quicksand. When UCF is at it’s best is when we go up by 14 in 3 minutes and the other team doesn’t know what the hell to do. We need to dictate the pace not Cincy. We need to match their emotion and desire and if we do that we should win. We have the superior talent and pedigree but if we do not come ready, they will beat us. I should also mention Friday is my Birthday and all I want is a UCF victory so don’t let me down boys. Go Knights!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News