ADVERTISEMENT

UCF football and the movie Varsity Blues

ucfversusbcs

Golden Knight
Oct 14, 2010
I wanted to ask @Crazyhole if he thought the character played by Paul Walker (Lance Harbor) was the prototype character that is played in real life by Scott Frost..

Now i'm wondering is this movie actually UCF football in a nutshell at its crossroads.

I wanted to ask @Crazyhole if he thought the character played by Paul Walker (Lance Harbor) was the prototype character that is played in real life by Scott Frost..

Now i'm wondering is this movie actually UCF football in a nutshell at its crossroads.
Boy, its been a few years since I saw that. Walker was the star, stud player who got hurt right?

Boy, its been a few years since I saw that. Walker was the star, stud player who got hurt right?
Yeah. Then he coached the 2nd half of the game and revitalized the team, combining fast paced plays and unity all in one half.
The first half was GOL rubbish without Taffee.

So i thought, this guy must be Scott Frost's blueprint in a coach.

I guess I'm not really seeing it. If I'm being totally honest, Scott was a d-bag in high school and even for his first couple of years at Nebraska. The dude frigging hit on my wife right in front of me one time, so I didnt have the highest opinion of him for quite a long time. You have no idea how big his ego was. I have to give the guy credit though, he does seem like he gave up the cockiness for confidence since his playing days ended, has done some really nice things for people, and has matured into what appears to be a pretty decent person. His parents are both weird as fvck and ultra competitive so I kind of see where he got it from back then and cant really hold it against him anymore. He was just told by way too many people for way too long how great he was, which he actually was in some ways, but it didnt serve him well at the tim .

I guess I'm not really seeing it. If I'm being totally honest, Scott was a d-bag in high school and even for his first couple of years at Nebraska. The dude frigging hit on my wife right in front of me one time, so I didnt have the highest opinion of him for quite a long time. You have no idea how big his ego was. I have to give the guy credit though, he does seem like he gave up the cockiness for confidence since his playing days ended, has done some really nice things for people, and has matured into what appears to be a pretty decent person. His parents are both weird as fvck and ultra competitive so I kind of see where he got it from back then and cant really hold it against him anymore. He was just told by way too many people for way too long how great he was, which he actually was in some ways, but it didnt serve him well at the tim .
Careful what you say. If he likes your wife, he is probably hiding in one of your closets.

Thanks for the details but i was merely comparing in a nutshell the character of Lance Harbor in football with his mindset and all versus Frost when he showed up at UCF.

We know their old coach Bud Kilmer didnt have an offensive coordinator like GOL did in his 20 plus years of coaching either.

Thanks for the details but i was merely comparing in a nutshell the character of Lance Harbor in football with his mindset and all versus Frost when he showed up at UCF.

We know their old coach Bud Kilmer didnt have an offensive coordinator like GOL did in his 20 plus years of coaching either.
Now that i can see. Frost made the game fun again for the UCF players. If thats your analogy I agree 100%

Fun fact, or weird disgusting fact, however you want to look at it: Scott's dad used to wash his mouth with a bar of soap in the locker room showers.

Also, his mom was a better football coach than his dad and could bench more. She was the receivers coach for the high school team that one of my friends played on and she would lay out receivers in practice after they caught a practice throw just to toughen them up. They were just a weird couple of people but perfect for each other.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Did you forgive her?

I would say both were probably a 7. Neither were probably where you want to find someone in the hot-crazy matrix though.
Well at least your wife wasn’t a you know what in the hot-crazy matrix. Wasn’t it a unicorn or a tranny?

ADVERTISEMENT