ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Football: Gus Malzahn Press Conference on QB KJ Jefferson

This was meant to be. With his son John Rhys Plumlee graduating and moving on, Gus can slide KJ into the UCF family and won't have to be an empty nester.

1692a9e1-222f-4e40-8bfd-03945c88b108.jpg

radioandjones.jpg

Rest of the Big 12 be like....

6c25e844-a720-4618-bff0-1cbc5d281dd5_text.gif

Last edited:
I don't understand how Gus can add players for "another seven to 10 days" when late registration ends tomorrow.

I know the football program has its own admissions, but do Gus and Terry have some kind of understanding worked out with the UCF professors? There are a lot of impact players still on the portal and these transfers are missing two full weeks of class.

Reactions: Robert0122
"I don't understand how Gus can add players for "another seven to 10 days" when late registration ends tomorrow."

Maybe this:

Nick Saban's Retirement Opens 30-Day Transfer Window for Alabama Football Roster​

"Because Alabama played in the College Football Playoff, Crimson Tide players had until Jan. 6 to enter the transfer portal.
"Now, because of Nick Saban's sudden retirement on Wednesday, Alabama players have an additional 30 days to enter the transfer portal if they wish.
"Whenever there's a head-coaching change — a firing, retirement, or if a head coach leaves for another job — players at that school get a 30-day window to freely enter the transfer portal."

Reactions: ucf1
"I don't understand how Gus can add players for "another seven to 10 days" when late registration ends tomorrow."

Maybe this:

Nick Saban's Retirement Opens 30-Day Transfer Window for Alabama Football Roster​

"Because Alabama played in the College Football Playoff, Crimson Tide players had until Jan. 6 to enter the transfer portal.
"Now, because of Nick Saban's sudden retirement on Wednesday, Alabama players have an additional 30 days to enter the transfer portal if they wish.
"Whenever there's a head-coaching change — a firing, retirement, or if a head coach leaves for another job — players at that school get a 30-day window to freely enter the transfer portal."
They still gotta enroll at UCF and UCF ain't/"isn't supposed to be" adding anybody after Friday.

Maybe this:

His statement was in reference to the final day to enroll in classes this semester was 1/8. My only guess would be that they have an express semester or online classes where add/drop is a bit later.

What? This is big time college football. They don't need to be in school and going to class. LOL. This ain't your grandfather's college football anymore. :p Boomers you all are! (just joking of course , I have no idea).

But, yes, summer term enrollees, fall term. Whatever it takes.

What? This is big time college football. They don't need to be in school and going to class. LOL. This ain't your grandfather's college football anymore. :p Boomers you all are! (just joking of course , I have no idea).

But, yes, summer term enrollees, fall term. Whatever it takes.
Know dats real!

Whatever Is Necessary

Reactions: Central Floridave

26. K.J. Jefferson, QB, Central Florida — $715,000​

Born: May 20, 2001 (Sardis, Mississippi)

High school: North Panola High School (Sardis, Mississippi)

Bottom line: K.J. Jefferson started every game the last three seasons for Arkansas and became one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in school history — that includes earning MVP honors in each of the Razorbacks' last two bowl games.

Jefferson will be playing his sixth year of college football in 2024 but won't be in Fayetteville after transferring to UCF in the offseason. At 6-foot-3 and 247 pounds, he'll be a load for Big 12 defenses to deal with — great pickup for UCF head coach Gus Malzahn.

College Football Players Who Make the Most NIL Money​

Story by Tony Adame • 38m

• Love
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1

26. K.J. Jefferson, QB, Central Florida — $715,000​

Born: May 20, 2001 (Sardis, Mississippi)

High school: North Panola High School (Sardis, Mississippi)

Bottom line: K.J. Jefferson started every game the last three seasons for Arkansas and became one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in school history — that includes earning MVP honors in each of the Razorbacks' last two bowl games.

Jefferson will be playing his sixth year of college football in 2024 but won't be in Fayetteville after transferring to UCF in the offseason. At 6-foot-3 and 247 pounds, he'll be a load for Big 12 defenses to deal with — great pickup for UCF head coach Gus Malzahn.

College Football Players Who Make the Most NIL Money​

Story by Tony Adame • 38m
UCF is committed to making its football program successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT