ADVERTISEMENT

UCF officially offered Big 12 Membership

I have less than zero sympathy for Aresco. He did nothing at all for us, and was completely asleep at the wheel while our program was the driver for separating his crappy conference from the other G5. Only reason he was able to push this P6 foolishness at all was because of our success (followed by that of Cincy and to an extent Memphis). Interested to see what this freak show league looks like when they expand.
I actually think he did what he could. he even tried to poach a P5 conference, theres only so much you can do in this ecosystem of big fish and bigger fish

I actually think he did what he could. he even tried to poach a P5 conference, theres only so much you can do in this ecosystem of big fish and bigger fish
WHAAAT? You don't take him at his word? He said he wasn't the one trying that.

Agreed. We wouldn’t be where we are without the opportunities the American Conference gave us. We got great exposure, and the quality of Memphis, Cincy, Houston, etc. elevated the perception of our league and our Knights. He could have backed up Danny, but other than that he did a pretty good job. Even the media deal wasn’t bad, considering nobody would commit to staying in the league.

All we’ve ever asked for is opportunity. So far we have fared well with the opportunities we’ve had. Now we have a little more opportunity. Let’s hope we continue our ascent upward and onward. The gin will be flowing in celebration this Saturday.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Thank goodness this happened this week, Bethune, with all the possible distraction and not an important week. Yes, blah blah, blah, 'we're not distracted' blah blah blah, but you damn well know this is a monumental shift in UCF athletics and could be a distraction for those who may actually get to be Big XII athletes. So a down week, FCS, was excellent timing.

They all know they would have these requests so they write as minimal as possible.

I won’t speak for you, but when the playoffs expand, UCF will have access to an auto. I’m not sure the AAC would have.
Regardless, that good access plus $25 million/year before T3 rights and conference title game revenue should allow even faster growth. It won’t be SEC or BIG money, but it’ll be close to Pac-12 or ACC, and that’s before those conferences have their OuT moments (no way Clemson is going to stay making $40 million less than its peer football programs)
You have to think Clemson has an army of lawyers working to see how they can get out of their GOR.

ADVERTISEMENT