ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Ranked 21 in ESPN FPI, 35th Coaches Poll

To not even receive votes in the AP poll is a joke. Not saying be ranked but votes at least. A 4-2 Maryland is receiving votes. Freaking San Jose is receiving points. We're back to pre-2017 disrespect level for UCF. Hope the kids are paying attention and have a chip on their shoulder. Tbh I've always thought this team does better when it has something to prove.

Others receiving votes:
North Carolina 98, Baylor 91, Coastal Carolina 61, BYU 61, Notre Dame 58, Florida 56, Tulane 42, Purdue 34, Florida State 18, South Carolina 12, Washington State 10, Minnesota 5, Maryland 4, LSU 4, San Jose State 1

To not even receive votes in the AP poll is a joke. Not saying be ranked but votes at least. A 4-2 Maryland is receiving votes. Freaking San Jose is receiving points. We're back to pre-2017 disrespect level for UCF. Hope the kids are paying attention and have a chip on their shoulder. Tbh I've always thought this team does better when it has something to prove.

Others receiving votes:
North Carolina 98, Baylor 91, Coastal Carolina 61, BYU 61, Notre Dame 58, Florida 56, Tulane 42, Purdue 34, Florida State 18, South Carolina 12, Washington State 10, Minnesota 5, Maryland 4, LSU 4, San Jose State 1
The voters are holding that Louisville L against us pretty strongly, aren’t they?

The voters are holding that Louisville L against us pretty strongly, aren’t they?
The voters hold every L against us very strongly. Climb up slowly and get dropped quickly.

I don't give the 10 points we got much credence anyway. Without looking at the data, it means that at _best_ 10 out of the 64 voters believe we are worth a ranking of 25. Maybe less if a few voted us a bit higher. Nobody is giving us much credit. For UCF, it's a horse race up from the bottom, every time.

Others receiving votes:
A voter would have to think we are among the 25 best teams. Apparently none do at the moment.

Why would they? We played like sh*t in a loss to LV and mostly crap against GaTech. We obviously need to beat Temple and a ranked Cincy before we're owed any respect.
none of our fans should be complaining about rankings . we haven’t shown enough and we lost to Louisville at Home. if Louisville was a road loss maybe and the Gt win was with a coach that was a dead man walking

And UCF hasn’t left the State of Florida for a game yet. Win a true road conference game first

It hurts that we lost to Lousiville. They are dead last in their ACC division.
But, we beat Georgia Tech who is now in 2nd place in their ACC division. Georgia Tech won their last two conference games and they beat a top-25 team. We didn't even know we beat an ACC powerhouse. That should get us some votes.

The voters hold every L against us very strongly. Climb up slowly and get dropped quickly.

I don't give the 10 points we got much credence anyway. Without looking at the data, it means that at _best_ 10 out of the 64 voters believe we are worth a ranking of 25. Maybe less if a few voted us a bit higher. Nobody is giving us much credit. For UCF, it's a horse race up from the bottom, every time.
Like I said we're back to pre-2017 disrespected UCF. We lost the good graces of the MM era and the days when the talking heads would pick our matchups against others. Haven't seen us mentioned on Gameday in forever and they even removed our Knightro clip during their intro (yes we had a small clip of 1 sec for the last 2-3yrs which is now gone).

Reactions: U C to the F
Like I said we're back to pre-2017 disrespected UCF. We lost the good graces of the MM era and the days when the talking heads would pick our matchups against others. Haven't seen us mentioned on Gameday in forever and they even removed our Knightro clip during their intro (yes we had a small clip of 1 sec for the last 2-3yrs which is now gone).
3+ losses will do that and Cinci replaced us

also doesn’t help that UCF has so many weeknight games …not even an opportunity to preview our game bc we are already done

none of our fans should be complaining about rankings . we haven’t shown enough and we lost to Louisville at Home. if Louisville was a road loss maybe and the Gt win was with a coach that was a dead man walking

And UCF hasn’t left the State of Florida for a game yet. Win a true road conference game first
Who the hell has JMU played? A bunch of Sun Belt teams. And San Jose played? Again scrub team and loss to a bad Auburn. But hey they have votes. At least we got a P5 win who is now #2 in their division and yeah awful Louisville closure but it was toe to toe until the last play so dont overdo it and make it seem like we got blown out.

Who the hell has JMU played? A bunch of Sun Belt teams. And San Jose played? Again scrub team and loss to a bad Auburn. But hey they have votes. At least we got a P5 win who is now #2 in their division and yeah awful Louisville closure but it was toe to toe until the last play so dont overdo it and make it seem like we got blown out.
Just win and the rest will take care of itself. If the team plays like the 2nd half of last week, we will be very difficult to beat and people will begin talking again. Unlike pre 2017- once people take notice we will climb a little quicker.

JMU is 25th in Massey composite. Highest among G5 schools. They won at Boone, NC and have handily beaten their other competition. They aren’t eligible for a bowl so can’t get the NY6 slot anyway.

I thought we’d be receiving votes this week and potentially have a shot at being ranked next week after a Temple blowout. Will probably have to wait until a 6-1 showdown with Cinci. Hopefully we can win the next 2 and Cinci can as well, would be a nice ranked matchup at home.

Receiving votes would mean somebody thought we were among the 25 best teams. Are we?
I feel we are justly in the 25-35 range. We are too inconsistent to place higher, at least onoffense. If our offense continues to improve, we will be difficult to beat and our rankings will improve. Pollsters have a recentcy bias too so the further away from the UL debacle, the better we will appear

I feel we are justly in the 25-35 range. We are too inconsistent to place higher, at least onoffense. If our offense continues to improve, we will be difficult to beat and our rankings will improve. Pollsters have a recentcy bias too so the further away from the UL debacle, the better we will appear
Problem is we haven’t played a team with a winning record yet. Plus we are G5 with a loss. We will get a chance vs Cincy and Tulane.

The team hasn't played a complete game yet. Every game thread in the first half is talking about how the team is trash, with a favorable home schedule.

Starting with @ECU the schedule will be harder with Cincinnati, @Memphis, @Tulane, Navy who looks like they are getting better every week.

The team hasn't played a complete game yet. Every game thread in the first half is talking about how the team is trash, with a favorable home schedule.

Starting with @ECU the schedule will be harder with Cincinnati, @Memphis, @Tulane, Navy who looks like they are getting better every week.
And Cinci has? They only have one P5 win against the all mighty Indiana Hoosers and they BARELY managed to beat the worst team in fbs history last week and they move up 3 spots 😆

To the poster who said Cinci took over (previously-UCF) flavor of the month is absolutely correct. They are the new darling G5 school although I never felt we were ever the darling, we had to struggle for our rankings in 2017-2018.

Reactions: Knight Strength
And Cinci has? They only have one P5 win against the all mighty Indiana Hoosers and they BARELY managed to beat the worst team in fbs history last week and they move up 3 spots 😆

To the poster who said Cinci took over (previously-UCF) flavor of the month is absolutely correct. They are the new darling G5 school although I never felt we were ever the darling, we had to struggle for our rankings in 2017-2018.

A road loss against a 3-3 SEC team, is better than a home loss against a 3-3 ACC team. 2013 UCF needed a late 4th quarter comeback to beat a 2-9 USF team at home (who lost to an FCS team 53-21). UCF improved from 17th to 15th after that game.

I know most think its so lopsided, but UCF was ranked 11th in 2020 in week 3, before losing to Tulsa at home. They had the benefit of the doubt, even though they were 10-3 in 2019 with a bad loss to Tulsa. Cincinnati has gone 11-2, 11-3, 9-1, 13-1, and now 5-1. The first two 11 win seasons of their run they were just barely in the top 25.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT