ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Spring Football Camp Report: The defense has a chip on their shoulder

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
The UCF Knights football team continued their 2024 spring practice, and one of the main areas of focus is stopping the run. The Knights struggled in 2023, and after some changes on that side of the ball, there is renewed optimism and a chip on the shoulder for returning players like DT Ricky Barber.

Click here for more from Andrew Cherico for the Sons of UCF.

Anyone know why they haven't posted the spring roster on the website yet?
Good question. Don't know. We were provided copies. Let me figure out how to post and I'll upload. TT

Good question. Don't know. We were provided copies. Let me figure out how to post and I'll upload. TT
Please do!

I do not know who all is returning. I don't know if Rian Davis is still in the linebacker room or if he has moved on.

I read one report that said he graduated and decided to move on. Every other report has projected him to return.

Please do!

I do not know who all is returning. I don't know if Rian Davis is still in the linebacker room or if he has moved on.

I read one report that said he graduated and decided to move on. Every other report has projected him to return.
Do you know how to upload photos? TT

Chips on their shoulder, instead of in their mouths? Were Fundamentally Flawed no wonder why we couldnt stop the run last season 🤣.*

“We have a bunch of dawgs”, “We have chips on our shoulders”, “we have playmakers everywhere”, “we’re not the same team”. Same nonsense every year. It’s easy to talk when you’re six months away from having to stop a team that’s running the ball down your throat at will.

Let’s see what’s going on with the defense in October/November. Everyone looks good in the Spring.

It’s easy to talk when you’re six months away from having to stop a team that’s running the ball down your throat at will.
True, but only three teams on the 2024 schedule are run-first; West Virginia, Cincinnati, and Utah.

The BIGGEST and MOST OVERLOOKED storyline of spring football is can Addison Williams truly replace David Gibbs because UCF is poised to face multiple proficient passing offenses and some of the nation's best quarterbacks?

Even Ray Charles can see that few teams are going to run the football against the Knights in 2024.

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Chips on their shoulder, instead of in their mouths? Were Fundamentally Flawed no wonder why we couldnt stop the run last season 🤣.*
Yeah, the guys should have pads on their shoulders, not between their thighs.

Also, my biggest gripe has been the guys with chicken, not chips, in their mouths.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT