ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Spring Game: April 10th at Noon

Liked how Dillon said in his interview that there is a new energy on the team this year. I hope they got their mojo back. Could be another streak coming? We'll know after the first 2 games of Boise and Louisville if this is just feel-good or really another run at 2017 and 2018 season :)

The one thing I like about Gus is we're NOT as predictable as we got under Heup on offense. I though for sure Heup would do more with his play calling. Frosty use to add some wrinkles to his play calling. Heup got in the throw the ball long all the time rut or outside to WR screen type plays. Dillon commented on how he liked the way the Gus was mixing it up with the way he got the ball outside of the tackles.

Reactions: THX_UCF2
I feel line wise we will be good, having Wilson whole season and transfer from Nebraska revamps the corners and safety positions. I do have questions about linebackers as that seemed to be a definite weak point the last few years.
Couldn’t agree more. LB is def need, mostly speed needed there. The D line with Davis back will be huge, he’s so good. Wilson moving to SS and a year to have some DBs get bigger, stronger and faster let’s hope. I’m also not worried about the WR or RBs.

I wasn’t at the game, but Dillons numbers were awesome, surely he was sharp. RJ Harvey looks big and athletic, that could be a nice pickup. I’ve been most excited for Richardson getting some opportunity, his highlights looked great. Where was the transfers MAR or Big Kat, did they play?

don't think they enroll till Summer session or Fall
Ah, ok that makes sense. I’m looking forward to both of them, Big Kat to shore up the D line. The D could look much better this year if they can finally get some pressure from the line and I think they will.

We know the Defense should be way behind. The offense should be putting on a clinic until they get up to speed. Is 10 practices enough to fix everything that was going bad on defense last season?
Practices and coaching are not going to fix areas where the talent is severely lacking. I am specifically talking about the LB room.

Reactions: U C to the F
I feel line wise we will be good, having Wilson whole season and transfer from Nebraska revamps the corners and safety positions. I do have questions about linebackers as that seemed to be a definite weak point the last few years.
Linebackers will be a liability this year. The staff is probably looking at the portal for some help.
don't think they enroll till Summer session or Fall
They will enroll by the fall and be counted foward to 2022.

Special teams looked poor. Missed FG and extra point. SMH The App St. kid should stabilize the kicking game. Couple of poor punts, too.

Anyone find a source of video from the scrimmage? I want to watch a few downs in a row rather than just a highlight play or two.

Reactions: U C to the F
QB from Edgewater HS. I think he was "warm" on us in the 2019 class but ended up going to UVA or VT. Transferred to UCF as a RB this spring I think. HS film was really fun to watch.
He was on the team last year. Transferred before last season- Didn’t get much playing time though due to the switch from QB to RB which took some time to adjust. Poised for a breakout season. Has a bit of everything to his game, kind of reminds me of Otis with his versatility.

He was on the team last year. Transferred before last season- Didn’t get much playing time though due to the switch from QB to RB which took some time to adjust. Poised for a breakout season. Has a bit of everything to his game, kind of reminds me of Otis with his versatility.
Thanks for clarifying

ADVERTISEMENT