ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Stadium Takeover...

“Funny thing is there were two UCF fans sitting next to us in full UCF gear half the game today. Not sure if they got the game dates confused or were really bored. It was even too much for them because they left at half time”

I don’t have a problem with our fans wanting live Saturday college football for really cheap in a nice stadium up close. Especially to cheer for Tulane. I thought about it

“Funny thing is there were two UCF fans sitting next to us in full UCF gear half the game today. Not sure if they got the game dates confused or were really bored. It was even too much for them because they left at half time”

I don’t have a problem with our fans wanting live Saturday college football for really cheap in a nice stadium up close. Especially to cheer for Tulane. I thought about it

There will be a lot of great seats available on the secondary market if Cow meltdown continues.

My favorite post was the one that said only one of our programs can be successful at a time, like when we beat them 4 times in a row. Totally untrue.

Ughhhhhh. When we lost 4 in a row to them we played for two conference titles, and won one. Success doesn’t consist of beating each other but collecting hardware. That’s our goal. They mostly still have the same mentality they had 10 years ago and is why they fail to achieve on the field, and in their trophy case.

That empty trophy case has been locked closed for so long. Probably won’t even open if they win one. Unless they put those meaningless Bluecocky Bowl wins trophies in it.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Did anyone else notice the band uniforms? They were the ugliest uniforms I ever saw. Farmer John overalls. I guess they clean the seats after the game. lol

That’s why you need a good QB in college football

Attendance was 65,948!!!

That’s sick

Would love a crowd similar or better than 2007. Back then, 300 level seats were all that I could get

I think the attendance was something like 56,000

OMG. I was at that game, but all I really remember from it was being so incredibly pissed off at our performance. I just looked up the box score...65,948. Would be amazing if we got that again, but we won't since USF fans aren't going to show.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/272860058

Reactions: Mikesi

I never actually watched a replay of the game, but just found it.

I’ll probably watch it a bit to renew my hate for the cows and for entertainment purposes only
I missed a 42 yard reception by Kevin Smith.
Absolutely no UCF highlights

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
They are gonna lose again on Saturday. They aren't showing up. We're gonna beat Navy and Cinci. They won't even be able to play spoiler for the AAC. The chance to give us our first loss won't be enough weighed against the chance of losing again. If it gets 65K, 50 will need to be UCF fans.

Reactions: Mikesi

I never actually watched a replay of the game, but just found it.

I’ll probably watch it a bit to renew my hate for the cows and for entertainment purposes only
I missed a 42 yard reception by Kevin Smith.
Absolutely no UCF highlights
I have never seen the game live or replay. I was on travel for my first job to Nebraska working night shift in a nuclear power plant control room. We were there for almost 2 weeks so I missed this game and the Rutgers fiasco that followed. I might get around to watching this game one day...

I have never seen the game live or replay. I was on travel for my first job to Nebraska working night shift in a nuclear power plant control room. We were there for almost 2 weeks so I missed this game and the Rutgers fiasco that followed. I might get around to watching this game one day...
They didn't have TV by 2007?

I’ll probably watch the beginning until it got out of hand which didn’t take very long. I was just intrigued by the first couple of minutes of the video. I arrived late and missed a large portion of the 1st quarter just to get situated.

The atmosphere wasn’t really any different than the FSU-Florida game that I attended in 2010. Maybe even better. I’m hoping for that atmosphere again this year, but the limiting factor is your fanbase disappearing and certainly not ours.
Raymond James stadium has the capacity to hold 15-20,000 more fans than Spectrum, but it’s a waste not to ever come close to filing it.

How awful was Nebraska? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I just wanna know WTF it will take for USF fans to start coming back to games. How does a team record double digit wins in back-to-back seasons and see attendance drop? It's mind-boggling. Not a dig, but it's better for the school, conference, and public perception for them to get a solid 30-40k a game. Granted I know having games in a 65K stadium probably makes 30k look small but we all know the numbers are super fudged.

I was reading in that one thread listed above that they don't have the money. They already said they have enough money to build a more modest stadium on campus now (according to the OCS report/study saying most people want a $250 million on campus stadium instead of a starter stadium like we ended up with).

While the 2007 was terrible for me as a UCF fan, the atmosphere was electric and I felt the same electricity for our game last year.

While the 2007 was terrible for me as a UCF fan, the atmosphere was electric and I felt the same electricity for our game last yea
This. I watched the video first 8 minutes of the first quarter and it was actually very entertaining because of the atmosphere. USF was 5th and we just came off a loss to ECU. I think that we won every game after the USF game that year.

Have to wonder if the state of the USF football program is a direct reflection of the instability caused by Genshaft(ing). She shafted the Big East and her own. Lousy leader and now people don't even what to support HER football team. She took the money from the Big East football buyout and did what football related? Last year, USF finally started to raise money for an indoor practice facility. Years after Big East payout and UCF facility being built. They have games in a pro stadium that makes their home game attendance look empty because of their low attendance, another bad decision by Genshafting to NOT build a stadium on campus. All of her decisions show no real balls and a show me the money attitude. She sees her football program as a necessary evil.

GENSHAFTING Big East History on Wikipedia below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–13_Big_East_Conference_realignment

At that time, speculation was rampant that the Big East might be able to attract a school from the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), which was in the midst of negotiating a new media deal. However, according to one industry source, "At that point when the Big East was intact, the only school the Big East could have legitimately added that made sense was UCF. Maryland and Boston College? They wouldn't even return the Big East's calls. But the Big East couldn't add UCF because Judy Genshaft[president of UCF in-state rival South Florida] kept shooting down UCF." A source within the conference added that Genshaft's insistence on keeping UCF out was a major contributing factor to the instability that would soon plague the Big East.[20]

The trigger for this instability proved to be the negotiations for a new television deal that took place in April 2011, when TCU was on board. Marinatto and the conference reached a nine-year, $1.4 billion deal and recommended that the conference presidents, who had the final say on the deal, accept it.[20]The presidents reportedly voted 12–4 to accept in a preliminary vote.[21]However, while the conference was going over the final details, the presidents had second thoughts upon learning of the deal that the Pac-12 had just reached with ESPN and Fox, reportedly worth $250 million annually, and in a second vote turned down the deal 16–0.[21]In May 2012, one Big East source told Brett McMurphy, then of CBSSports.com, that turning down the deal "was the stupidest decision ever made in college athletics. To have the equity of ESPN as your brand and the stability that would have gone with it." Another source added, "If the TV deal was accepted and UCF had been added, who knows if Pitt and Syracuse ever leave. Everyone left because of stability and right there was your stability with that TV deal."[20]

Fackin Retahds

Reactions: Stetson_1883
When the ESPN guys and uneducated fans on the web carry on with the who does UCF think they are stuff; we need to educate them that we were held back by one university president 8 years previously from being a BCS team and then literally a "-unt" hair away from being members of a strong football powerhouse Big East conference.
This is why we come off strongly about our football team. We know our destiny although it's been shafted for the moment. Boise State and Fresno State had their chance in Big East re-org. No sympathy on my part for them.

Where were you? Cooper?

My company works in power plants too.
Yep. My first job out of college was working for a company that created control room simulators for the power industry. I had no clue what I was doing since the majority of the job involved sifting through line after line of Fortran code and I wasn't a software engineer.

Yep. My first job out of college was working for a company that created control room simulators for the power industry. I had no clue what I was doing since the majority of the job involved sifting through line after line of Fortran code and I wasn't a software engineer.
Fortran, a great write-only language where the variable names look like the numbers called in a bingo game...A5, N3, ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT