ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Students outdraw entire usf fan base in season openers

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Total actual crowd for usf home opener to see their #19 ranked team play (including students, alumni, fans, boosters and those with free community tickets): 18,302.

Total actual attendance for just UCF Students at their home opener for a 6 pm Kickoff on a Thursday night: 18,756.

#knightproud

Tale of 2 programs?

usf tarps offs/closes 8 sections in their student section while UCF "expands" their student sections to both endzones (both levels in North End Zone and lower level in South End Zone)

usf's disappearing student section
usf_vs_Stony_Brook_4_2nd_Q_2.jpg

UCF's expanding student sections
UCF_Student_Section_vs_FIU.jpg

UCF_Student_Section_South_End_Zone.jpg

Wow! Lots of people here were interested in how effective Flowers might be after the departure of their great tailback. We've seen the answer. Defenses are daring him to hand the ball off or pass from the pocket. They are building the defense around not letting Flowers beat them with his feet -- and it's keeping very weak opponents in the game. The new running backs are just not explosive enough to force them out of that defense. Other better opponents have the talent to execute that D even better, and will, until Strong's hireling figure a way to counter it. And what if Flowers gets frustrated? I though Strong would get Flowers to working on his passing game, but perhaps what we've seen is all he's got?

Wow! Lots of people here were interested in how effective Flowers might be after the departure of their great tailback. We've seen the answer. Defenses are daring him to hand the ball off or pass from the pocket. They are building the defense around not letting Flowers beat them with his feet -- and it's keeping very weak opponents in the game. The new running backs are just not explosive enough to force them out of that defense. Other better opponents have the talent to execute that D even better, and will, until Strong's hireling figure a way to counter it. And what if Flowers gets frustrated? I though Strong would get Flowers to working on his passing game, but perhaps what we've seen is all he's got?
Not only lost Marlon Mack, but just as importantly, lost Rodney Adams, WR, who was their #1 receiver. This year, Flowers is having trouble finding an open receiver on many downs, now that the D does not have to invest their best personnel on tracking Adams.

Reactions: Mikesi
I hate USF, but San Jose State is just God awful.
I hate USF, but Stoney Brook is just God awful.
I hate USF, but UCONN is just God awful.

Step up in competition and conference game. Plus, since UCF wasn't interested in a rivalry with UCONN, duh*bulls can have them since they are both God awful.... Time for duh*bulls to slip up...

Reactions: 80'sKnight
I hate USF, but San Jose State is just God awful.
I hate USF, but Stoney Brook is just God awful.
I hate USF, but UCONN is just God awful.

Step up in competition and conference game. Plus, since UCF wasn't interested in a rivalry with UCONN, duh*bulls can have them since they are both God awful.... Time for duh*bulls to slip up...

REPEAT STONEY BROOK!

ADVERTISEMENT