ADVERTISEMENT

ucf tailgate series is all country

They apparently got the request list from the other National Champions. At least it's better than rap, but I don't listen to country either. Guess at least some of the decision makers do.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I’m usually so hammered and excited about the game, I wouldn’t know country from rap. All senses are dulled or disabled

I don't like country, but I can't think of any particular style that would generate interest without criticism? Maybe some form of soft rock, but much more difficult to put together over a generic country artist. Rap? May appeal to younger crowds, but tough to find up and coming rap artists that aren't a joke. Pop? Same issue there. Maybe a random EDM DJ may generate interest, but again that'll ostracize anyone over 20 even more than rap IMO.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I thought they should just let a "battle of the bands" occur for at least one game, minimally. At least generate some pub for local bands. On a larger scale, each of the home games could have a different genre (rock, country, hip hop, "disney kids crap" (for lack of a better term), pop, etc...), then at the last game have the best act from each week come back and have the crowd pick some kind of winner. At least that'll get some people interested n a weekly basis (not me, because I love tailgaiting). Letting people have input makes them feel like they matter.

Country music is terrible generic corporate garbage. But it’s is safe. Same for most hard rock created after 2000. Super generic corporate garbage. I would much prefer rap but there is just too much cursing and “n” bombs to play for the general public. You would have to bleep out half the music and I dont want my kids to listen to that. So I understand country being the solution. I don’t care about the music anyway the game day is for football and I can play the music I want to hear at my tailgate.

09f382f5e102456caf308c2251690a96.jpg

Sorry to say but I think country is the best safe option.
How is country safe? I work with kids and sometimes put country music on in the background because we thought it would be the “best safe option”. Every other song is about drinking, which I’m not against but it’s kind of embarrassing when a mom is looking at you funny about the background music.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I think this is by design to get the ladies to turn out. I have no idea who these performers are, but my wife tends to know one or two per year.

Reactions: Knight Strength
How is country safe? I work with kids and sometimes put country music on in the background because we thought it would be the “best safe option”. Every other song is about drinking, which I’m not against but it’s kind of embarrassing when a mom is looking at you funny about the background music.
Haha fair point but at least it's not about cold syrup, yayo, and violent crimes.

Boy, everyone is really showing their age on this thread. No one says “rap” music anymore, it’s called Hip Hop now.

Boy, everyone is really showing their age on this thread. No one says “rap” music anymore, it’s called Hip Hop now.
Incorrect. Rap is rap and hip hop is hip hop. And if we want a safe genre that can connect with more recruits and their families I would suggest neither rap or hip hop and believe neo soul would be safe, contemporary and listenable in the likes of artists such as Alycia Keyes, John Legend, etc.. Not necessarily those artists but that genre of music. At least for one or two games in 2019 I think the diversity of options would be be considered progressive.

Incorrect. Rap is rap and hip hop is hip hop. And if we want a safe genre that can connect with more recruits and their families I would suggest neither rap or hip hop and believe neo soul would be safe, contemporary and listenable in the likes of artists such as Alycia Keyes, John Legend, etc.. Not necessarily those artists but that genre of music. At least for one or two games in 2019 I think the diversity of options would be be considered progressive.

Maybe a little smooth jazz.

If you’re looking for music that is safer for the little ears, then it’s primarily oldies, Beatles, etc. The language and song topics are safer. I’m sure these types of bands are cheaper on the budget too. Win for all?

Reactions: KnightLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT