ADVERTISEMENT

UCF v. Pitt

Every game is different, and it is an away game with a new QB....but we ran circles around them on the field. They had no response for playing at our tempo...unless you call defensive players falling down all over the field and acting like they were cramping....funny how their offense wasn't cramping up.

Every game is different, and it is an away game with a new QB....but we ran circles around them on the field. They had no response for playing at our tempo...unless you call defensive players falling down all over the field and acting like they were cramping....funny how their offense wasn't cramping up.
A Pitt fan said before game that the HC refused to change his defensive philosophy and would get killed by Milton. Wimbush is not Milton. Their defense is built to stop QBs that don’t spread ball around.

Pretty hard to get cramps when you’re sitting on the sideline watching a real offense play.

Reactions: mattropolis
Pitt's top returning D-lineman done for the year with an ACL injury: https://triblive.com/sports/pitt-sack-leader-rashad-weaver-lost-for-the-season-with-knee-injury/

Though UCF handled Pitt last year, I expect the game to be much more competitive this year. Looking forward to joining the contingent of UCF fans in Pittsburgh.

I hope the young man is OK and makes a full recovery. Sad thing is, I heard this happened while they were practicing "fall down drills" to try and slow down fast paced offenses.

Pitt sucks and no one cares about them

Check out the tv numbers, it was a complete dud last season

Opponent: Viewers (Date)
UCF vs LSU: 8,471,000 (1/1/2019) - Fiesta Bowl
UCF vs Memphis: 3,321,000 (12/1/2018) - American Championship
UCF vs Cincinnati: 3,124,000 (11/17/2018)
UCF @ Memphis: 2,990,000 (10/13/2018)
UCF @ South Florida: 1,718,000 (11/23/2018)
UCF vs FAU: 1,295,000 (9/21/2018)
UCF vs Temple: 1,180,000 (11/1/2018)
UCF @ ECU: 486,000 (10/20/2018)
UCF @ UConn: 444,000 (8/30/2018)
UCF vs Navy: 385,000 (11/10/2018)
UCF vs Pitt: 246,000 (9/29/2018)

More people were interested in us stomping UConn than Pitt... that's saying something

More people were interested in us stomping UConn than Pitt... that's saying something

That may be the case but, for whatever it's worth, Pitt could once again win the Coastal Division and play in the ACC championship game (only to be slaughtered by Clemson, again). Interestingly enough, the Coastal Division could be decided in week 1 when Pitt hosts Virginia. The winner of that game will have the inside track on the Coastal with UNC, Duke, VT, and GT all expected to have down years. Miami is the wildcard (travels to Pitt in late Oct.).

In any event, UCF needs to run the table to get the NY6 game. But having wins against division champ Pitt and possibly conference champs Stanford and FAU would be great. I'm not predicting that, only stating that it's a reasonable probability.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Kind of silly to throw out numbers without more context. UCF/Pitt game was the lowest ratings for a Pitt game too, so I guess no one cares about UCF?

A Pitt fan said before game that the HC refused to change his defensive philosophy and would get killed by Milton. Wimbush is not Milton. Their defense is built to stop QBs that don’t spread ball around.

So basically you are saying that because KZ is not our QB, we are not capable of spreading the ball around and that our significant number of UCFast skilled players are now gonna be ineffective?

CJH may call different plays with BW at QB but he will still exploit defenses with tempo, our amazing speed, and offensive strengths which are many............

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Kind of silly to throw out numbers without more context. UCF/Pitt game was the lowest ratings for a Pitt game too, so I guess no one cares about UCF?
I'm sure this must have something to do with other TV games on at the same time, but if I'd have been asked to rank UCF's games by TV viewership, I sure as hell would have missed the Pitt game by a country mile.

Seriously, it had a lower viewership than the UCONN game????!?!?!!? :flushed:

Reactions: Knight_Fyre
I'm sure this must have something to do with other TV games on at the same time, but if I'd have been asked to rank UCF's games by TV viewership, I sure as hell would have missed the Pitt game by a country mile.

Seriously, it had a lower viewership than the UCONN game????!?!?!!? :flushed:

The Uconn game was a week 1 Thursday game, the only other games on national tv was Northwestern vs. Purdue and Missouri State vs. Oklahoma State.

On the day of the Pitt vs UCF, there were 5 games featuring ranked teams playing one another. Including two top 10 matchups, Ohio State vs. Penn State and Stanford vs. Notre Dame. Although getting beat by Central Michigan vs. Michgan State in ratings that week is pretty bad.

Reactions: Knight Strength
The Uconn game was a week 1 Thursday game, the only other games on national tv was Northwestern vs. Purdue and Missouri State vs. Oklahoma State.

On the day of the Pitt vs UCF, there were 5 games featuring ranked teams playing one another. Including two top 10 matchups, Ohio State vs. Penn State and Stanford vs. Notre Dame. Although getting beat by Central Michigan vs. Michgan State in ratings that week is pretty bad.
The Channel matters too. If we were on ESPNU or News all the games will beat us.

I dont recall that game having that kind of network priority.
Anyhow looking forward to CJH using Killins to exploit their linebackers lack of speed again.

No, it's because the score was 31-7 by half and Pitt wasn't making this game worth watching. It was a clear blowout early.

The Channel matters too. If we were on ESPNU or News all the games will beat us.

That’s why I compared the game to UConn. Both games were on ESPNU. Husky Football still outperformed Pitt in viewership.

I’d argue it was on ESPNU because Pitt sucks and no one cares. The network executives already knew and didn’t give it a good slot. If they cared about the game they would have done what they always do, tell us to move the game to a different time or different day so it can be featured more. UCF has always worked with ESPN to feature games on Thursday or in a time slot that doesn’t conflict with a lot of national games. With the Pitt game they didn’t even bother. It was a dud from the start.

Going into the Pitt game, UCF was 13.5 point favorites.

Viewership dropped when it became a blowout early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT