ADVERTISEMENT

**UCF v Temple**

Cincy and USF have to be licking their chops waiting for a shot at our D. If our Offense has an off night, we could get run out of the building.
Look at the bright side (if you want), Navy's total defense is 104, South Florida is 108. If we meet Houston theyre 120 in the ccg! LMAO.
is the American really the worst conference?
Cinci is 10th fwiw. Im sure their stats take a dive after playing South Florida.

Theyre p5 though. You brought up perception. See how the criticism interchanges?

Point taken. I think I look at things differently than most because I dont live in FL. I know 1 UCF fan where I live....me. Believe me when I say that the outside perception of this team, at least where I live, is a) they have a lot of nerve claiming a NC last year, b) Auburn took them lightly, c) cant wait till they finally lose and they will shut up, d) anyone could go undefeated when you play the weak sisters of the poor every game like they do....and so on and so on. So yeah....I know im gonna hear more of it tomorrow after tonights game, so im a little argh! If they can somehow get the 2nd half defense to play in the 1st half all will be good.

Randy Shannon's defense obviously has a way of keeping a fan base of a 21 game win streak on edge or humbled.

It is rather funny.....if you look at the posts on this thread or really any one of a number of threads......you would think this team had a losing record and a head coach on the hotseat. Even when I get critical, have to remember this is a team that hasnt lost since 2016. Thankfully, that offense can make up for a lot of bad defense. Never out of a game.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Point taken. I think I look at things differently than most because I dont live in FL. I know 1 UCF fan where I live....me. Believe me when I say that the outside perception of this team, at least where I live, is a) they have a lot of nerve claiming a NC last year, b) Auburn took them lightly, c) cant wait till they finally lose and they will shut up, d) anyone could go undefeated when you play the weak sisters of the poor every game like they do....and so on and so on. So yeah....I know im gonna hear more of it tomorrow after tonights game, so im a little argh! If they can somehow get the 2nd half defense to play in the 1st half all will be good.
Kinda sad thats the only way we can get their attention though. If you didnt know, there's an article out there that said we got $200 million in free press. Thats probably more than anyone except Trump. We wouldnt be bragging if we lost though. ;)

It is rather funny.....if you look at the posts on this thread or really any one of a number of threads......you would think this team had a losing record and a head coach on the hotseat. Even when I get critical, have to remember this is a team that hasnt lost since 2016. Thankfully, that offense can make up for a lot of bad defense. Never out of a game.
Lol there's posts out there that criticize Heupel. They call him GOL fast.

Ohio State gave up 49 to Purdue...but Tyler. Wazzu lost to piss poor Southern Cal. The writers prop up a good portion of the SEC teams with one loss.
Of course, if a 3 loss p5 team beats a ranked p5 team, it means the 3 loss team is good. Yet we struggle with a 3 now 4 loss team, we suck.
Kinda silly if you ask me.
Especially since Russo wasn't playing in the first two games, which they lost to total cupcakes. If he plays, they would have been 7-1 going into the game last night. Nobody from any committee or talking head on TV is going to look that up, though.

Especially since Russo wasn't playing in the first two games, which they lost to total cupcakes. If he plays, they would have been 7-1 going into the game last night. Nobody from any committee or talking head on TV is going to look that up, though.

I live in philly. I work with a ucf grad, even she understands that ucf has no chance at being a real title contender when you don’t play teams with winning records until week 9. You also can’t give up 40 points to temple who have been rolled by several opponents including fcs. Don’t blame Russo, the whole team is weak.

I live in philly. I work with a ucf grad, even she understands that ucf has no chance at being a real title contender when you don’t play teams with winning records until week 9. You also can’t give up 40 points to temple who have been rolled by several opponents including fcs. Don’t blame Russo, the whole team is weak.
Russo didn't really play in Temple's first two games (4 total pass attempts). If Russo was playing QB in their first two games, they would have been 7-1 going into the game last night. Temple beat Maryland 35-14 and lost by 10 to #22 BC. We can't help it if the mighty P5 programs we play suck. I thought they were all supposed to be such great teams?

Your definition of "rolled" means losing by 2, 7, 10 and 12? What do you consider "close" scores?

Using your logic that all top ten teams demolish any "lesser" teams, please explain how come #4 Notre Dame, at home, beats Ball State 24-16, Vandy 22-17, and Pitt 19-14?

We beat Pitt 45-14 and they looked like a high school squad compared to us. Pitt played one other ranked team, Penn State, and got beat 51-6.

Here is what Pitt players were doing all game long to try and slow us down...it was embarassing...

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Three plays of the game:

1. Interception by nevelle Clarke

2. Sack on the second to last temple drive

3. The touchdown early in the game where Milton dropped back and almost tripped as he spun away from the rush

Yeah......you are probably right about that. Ill admit that I tend to be very critical of my teams for whatever reason. The thing is I think they are capable of being much better; the 2nd half defense has looked very good. Why arent we seeing that from the get go? On the positive side of things: at least they are making 2nd half adjustments, something we didnt see around here for years!

If Shannon was able to see that before hand, he'd be the highest paid coach in the history of the NCAA man. Come on, you're saying we need a fortune teller for a DC.

For the record, I'm real glad as a UCF fan I've seen our team turn from a lights out 1st half team that fades like the sunset in the second half to a team that make adjustments and finishes strong by making key plays in the second half.

If Shannon was able to see that before hand, he'd be the highest paid coach in the history of the NCAA man. Come on, you're saying we need a fortune teller for a DC.

For the record, I'm real glad as a UCF fan I've seen our team turn from a lights out 1st half team that fades like the sunset in the second half to a team that make adjustments and finishes strong by making key plays in the second half.

As much as that defense frustrates me, RS does make good adjustments. I wish he would play a little zone sometimes.

Last edited:

Leave it to a Benchwarmer douche to troll us on a UCF site.

Three plays of the game:

1. Interception by nevelle Clarke

2. Sack on the second to last temple drive

3. The touchdown early in the game where Milton dropped back and almost tripped as he spun away from the rush
There was a fourth....

Late in the 4th quarter (I think) Temple had a 3rd down and our defensive alignment was all screwed up, including only one guy covering two WRs. Someone on the staff called a timeout. It saved a TD.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
There was a fourth....

Late in the 4th quarter (I think) Temple had a 3rd down and our defensive alignment was all screwed up, including only one guy covering two WRs. Someone on the staff called a timeout. It saved a TD.
Maybe a fifth. The fourth down play in the first half where Milton kept the ball and got sacked but the defender grabbed his face mask.

ADVERTISEMENT