**UCF v Temple**

Discussion in 'UCF Fan Forum' started by Stormthecourt?, Nov 1, 2018.

1. ucfversusbcs

ucfversusbcs Golden Knight
    Expand Collapse

Look at the bright side (if you want), Navy's total defense is 104, South Florida is 108. If we meet Houston theyre 120 in the ccg! LMAO.
    is the American really the worst conference?
    Cinci is 10th fwiw. Im sure their stats take a dive after playing South Florida.

2. mad stork

mad stork Two-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Point taken. I think I look at things differently than most because I dont live in FL. I know 1 UCF fan where I live....me. Believe me when I say that the outside perception of this team, at least where I live, is a) they have a lot of nerve claiming a NC last year, b) Auburn took them lightly, c) cant wait till they finally lose and they will shut up, d) anyone could go undefeated when you play the weak sisters of the poor every game like they do....and so on and so on. So yeah....I know im gonna hear more of it tomorrow after tonights game, so im a little argh! If they can somehow get the 2nd half defense to play in the 1st half all will be good.

ucfversusbcs and Poolside Knight like this.
  3. mad stork

mad stork Two-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

It is rather funny.....if you look at the posts on this thread or really any one of a number of threads......you would think this team had a losing record and a head coach on the hotseat. Even when I get critical, have to remember this is a team that hasnt lost since 2016. Thankfully, that offense can make up for a lot of bad defense. Never out of a game.

ucfversusbcs likes this.
  4. ucfversusbcs

Expand Collapse

Kinda sad thats the only way we can get their attention though. If you didnt know, there's an article out there that said we got $200 million in free press. Thats probably more than anyone except Trump. We wouldnt be bragging if we lost though. ;)

5. ucfversusbcs

Expand Collapse

Lol there's posts out there that criticize Heupel. They call him GOL fast.

6. mattropolis

mattropolis Golden Knight
    Expand Collapse

Especially since Russo wasn't playing in the first two games, which they lost to total cupcakes. If he plays, they would have been 7-1 going into the game last night. Nobody from any committee or talking head on TV is going to look that up, though.

7. Novanation11882

Novanation11882 High School Harry
    Expand Collapse

I live in philly. I work with a ucf grad, even she understands that ucf has no chance at being a real title contender when you don’t play teams with winning records until week 9. You also can’t give up 40 points to temple who have been rolled by several opponents including fcs. Don’t blame Russo, the whole team is weak.

8. mattropolis

Expand Collapse

Russo didn't really play in Temple's first two games (4 total pass attempts). If Russo was playing QB in their first two games, they would have been 7-1 going into the game last night. Temple beat Maryland 35-14 and lost by 10 to #22 BC. We can't help it if the mighty P5 programs we play suck. I thought they were all supposed to be such great teams?

Your definition of "rolled" means losing by 2, 7, 10 and 12? What do you consider "close" scores?

Using your logic that all top ten teams demolish any "lesser" teams, please explain how come #4 Notre Dame, at home, beats Ball State 24-16, Vandy 22-17, and Pitt 19-14?

We beat Pitt 45-14 and they looked like a high school squad compared to us. Pitt played one other ranked team, Penn State, and got beat 51-6.

Here is what Pitt players were doing all game long to try and slow us down...it was embarassing...

448 mattropolis, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    LemmyKilmister likes this.
  9. Stormthecourt?

Stormthecourt? Golden Knight
    Expand Collapse

Three plays of the game:

1. Interception by nevelle Clarke

2. Sack on the second to last temple drive

3. The touchdown early in the game where Milton dropped back and almost tripped as he spun away from the rush

10. akahotsizzle

akahotsizzle Bronze Knight
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

At the end of the day, a win is a win. The points don't matter. Ask Bama if they'd rather lose to LSU 0-3, or win 99-98. Thats what I thought.

11. LemmyKilmister

LemmyKilmister Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

Just Win Baby!

ucfversusbcs likes this.
  12. muckdawg24

muckdawg24 Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

If Shannon was able to see that before hand, he'd be the highest paid coach in the history of the NCAA man. Come on, you're saying we need a fortune teller for a DC.

For the record, I'm real glad as a UCF fan I've seen our team turn from a lights out 1st half team that fades like the sunset in the second half to a team that make adjustments and finishes strong by making key plays in the second half.

13. LemmyKilmister

LemmyKilmister Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

As much as that defense frustrates me, RS does make good adjustments. I wish he would play a little zone sometimes.

453 LemmyKilmister, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    JAFFX2, ucfversusbcs and muckdawg24 like this.
  14. muckdawg24

muckdawg24 Silver Knight
    Expand Collapse

I was screaming on a few plays at the end when the line to gain was in double digits turning to my friends like, "why are we playing press coverage here?"

15. JHG722

JHG722 Three-Star Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Leave it to a Benchwarmer douche to troll us on a UCF site.

16. mattropolis

Expand Collapse

There was a fourth....

Late in the 4th quarter (I think) Temple had a 3rd down and our defensive alignment was all screwed up, including only one guy covering two WRs. Someone on the staff called a timeout. It saved a TD.

Stormthecourt? likes this.
  17. Stormthecourt?

Stormthecourt? Golden Knight
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a fifth. The fourth down play in the first half where Milton kept the ball and got sacked but the defender grabbed his face mask.

18. Wings0fred

Wings0fred Bronze Knight
    Expand Collapse

I love that Milton was telling the ref about the penalty...as he was being tackled lol