ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs LSU Analysis

GeniusParks

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 16, 2006
It really comes down to this:

If Mack protects the football and doesn't turn it over, UCF wins.

There's going to be times in the game Mack decides to tuck it and run. Ok, fine, but if he doesn't secure the ball better than he did in the 1st half against Memphis LSU's going to get a few scoop & scores to help their vanilla offense.

I'm less concerned about Mack throwing an INT b/c under pressure I think there's more danger for him to fumble the football. With short options for McRae, Killins, Anderson, and longer threats for Davis, Mixon, and Smelson, this guy should be like a kid in the candy store. There's that many weapons on UCF with speed and there's not 1 super dominating player for LSU to focus on. Absolutely no need to force anything on the field that isn't there. I'd even be leery of that 50/50 jump ball play used by the offense at the goal line. Be safe and get points.

FG's are OK when playing a team like LSU. LSU isn't going to blow anybody out.

A huge decision is whether or not UCF is going to try to go up-tempo or slow it down. The Up-tempo could keep LSU off it's balance but given how vanilla LSU's offense is, the D could be out there for long stretches if they dink, dunk, and short run UCF's D to death. I don't know, maybe find a mixture to go up-tempo a few times in the game to catch LSU off guard?

If UCF can win the coin toss, defer. Better to get the ball to start the 2nd Half.

Whether UCF wins #26 or not, I'm almost certain they get another 30 points in this game.

Reactions: UCFBS

There's going to be times in the game Mack decides to tuck it and run. Ok, fine, but if he doesn't secure the ball better than he did in the 1st half against Memphis LSU's going to get a few scoop & scores to help their vanilla offense.

I'm less concerned about Mack throwing an INT b/c under pressure I think there's more danger for him to fumble the football. With short options for McRae, Killins, Anderson, and longer threats for Davis, Mixon, and Smelson, this guy should be like a kid in the candy store. There's that many weapons on UCF with speed and there's not 1 super dominating player for LSU to focus on. Absolutely no need to force anything on the field that isn't there. I'd even be leery of that 50/50 jump ball play used by the offense at the goal line. Be safe and get points.

A huge decision is whether or not UCF is going to try to go up-tempo or slow it down. The Up-tempo could keep LSU off it's balance but given how vanilla LSU's offense is, the D could be out there for long stretches if they dink, dunk, and short run UCF's D to death. I don't know, maybe find a mixture to go up-tempo a few times in the game to catch LSU off guard?

If UCF can win the coin toss, defer. Better to get the ball to start the 2nd Half.

Whether UCF wins #26 or not, I'm almost certain they get another 30 points in this game.
LSU has one of the biggest offense lines in college football, a big back and tall receivers
Their offensive line would be the 7th largest in the NFL or something like that. They will try to wear us down like South Carolina in 2013

I think generally our front 7 has some smaller players when you include the second teamers

LSU has one of the biggest offense lines in college football, a big back and tall receivers
Their offensive line would be the 7th largest in the NFL or something like that. They will try to wear us down like South Carolina in 2013

I think generally our front 7 has some smaller players when you include the second teamers
The bigger they are the harder they fall.....

:joy:

They're big, but generally unimpressive. The LSU run game will be the 4th or 5th best we will face this year.

UCF is not too far behind........

F7W76S.png

They're big, but generally unimpressive. The LSU run game will be the 4th or 5th best we will face this year.

LSU faced four of top 5 rush defenses in the SEC. Outrushed the season avg against three of the four. Tigers went over 200 yards against two of them.

This will be the healthiest the Oline has been since opening game. Tigers had a different starting five for at least the first six games of season.

LSU faced four of top 5 rush defenses in the SEC. Outrushed the season avg against three of the four. Tigers went over 200 yards against two of them.

This will be the healthiest the Oline has been since opening game. Tigers had a different starting five for at least the first six games of season.
Ok. Point stands. Temple, Memphis and FAU all had better RBs.

Something tells me they wouldn’t be “unimpressive” if they were playing against American teams every week.

Something tells me they wouldn’t be “unimpressive” if they were playing against American teams every week.
Impossible to compare because that would mean those American teams would be in the SEC and have the same amount of dollars in their budgets, and consequently, same amount of resources, as SEC schools.

Impossible to compare because that would mean those American teams would be in the SEC and have the same amount of dollars in their budgets, and consequently, same amount of resources, as SEC schools.
They always need clarification as to what that actually means.

You must be referring to something like paying defensive coordinators 2.5 million a year instead of a few hundred thousand.

^^^ Yep, that's what I've been saying.

I just hope if Mack Jr doesn't secure the ball, Knight fans don't treat him like they did Milton in 2016.

But I'm also looking forward to the reality that Mack may be responsible for no more than 1 turnover, at most. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT