ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Vs Memphis

This is not the same program that Heupel inherited. It has steadily gone downhill with no discipline, or defense or imagination. I have faith in DW, he doesn’t play around. I believe he’ll give Heup one more year and then cleans house. Heup is just not a good coach, nor will he ever be. Exhibit 1 is absolutely no team discipline. That is most telling about his coaching prowess. DW put too much effort into making this program what it was to have it all fall apart at the hands of an unproven neophyte coach who was fired as OC at OK (where he went to school).

This is not the same program that Heupel inherited. It has steadily gone downhill with no discipline, or defense or imagination. I have faith in DW, he doesn’t play around. I believe he’ll give Heup one more year and then cleans house. Heup is just not a good coach, nor will he ever be. Exhibit 1 is absolutely no team discipline. That is most telling about his coaching prowess. DW put too much effort into making this program what it was to have it all fall apart at the hands of an unproven neophyte coach who was fired as OC at OK (where he went to school).
Lmao. He inherited a program with one great year. A couple years removed from the big 0 fer. WTF are you even talking about?

Reactions: mattropolis
Lmao. He inherited a program with one great year. A couple years removed from the big 0 fer. WTF are you even talking about?
He inherited a program that was fully stocked coming off an undefeated season with Scott Frost’s players. He is now relying on his own recruits and we are seeing the results. Speak to me about team discipline. Even during the 2015 season our defense wasn’t this bad. That’s what I’m talking about. Reading comprehension not your thing?

Last edited:
He inherited a program that was fully stocked coming off an undefeated season with Scott Frost’s player. He is now relying on his own recruits and we are seeing the results. Speak to me about team discipline. Even during the 2015 season our defense wasn’t this bad. That’s what I’m talking about. Reading comprehension not your thing?

No he is just Heup's excuse machine...trying to re-write UCF history..

Reactions: NestaKnight1
He inherited a program that was fully stocked coming off an undefeated season with Scott Frost’s players. He is now relying on his own recruits and we are seeing the results. Speak to me about team discipline. Even during the 2015 season our defense wasn’t this bad. That’s what I’m talking about. Reading comprehension not your thing?
Do you guys remember Chinander? He sucked. Didn’t leave us anything. Gave up 42 to USF and 55 to Memphis. Talk about a stout defense.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I don’t think this season will reflect on Heupel in a negative way to DW (unless we finish with a losing record). With COVID, the opt outs, and the injuries, I think he’ll get a pass for the season. There were high expectations that were not met, yes, but this is an asterisk year

Undisciplined because Heup is a soft, kinda nice guy. I've almost never seem him mad and when he does it's just a soft mad. Kids don't respect that or fear him when they screw up. Take Frost, that guy yelled at the refs, even our players when they did something stupid. Physically a mean dude, kids respect that. Even the old ball coach, O Leary, kids knew there would be consequences for their actions. Heup though, same penalties every other down, kids even fighting with each other on the bench, no change. There's no respect for the coaching staff. DG deserves better. We deserve better.

“We deserve better.”

Fair weather fans don’t deserve sh&t

One mans opinion.

Everyone has opinions, and everyone is entitled to them.
Fan is short for “fanatic.”
Fanatics don’t accept mediocrity.
If you accept mediocrity you are not a fan.
You accept mediocrity.
You are not a fan.
You appear to be a “cheer boy” aka Heupel nut hugger.
Nut huggers don’t deserve sh&t.

Another man’s opinion.

Last edited:
Everyone has opinions, and everyone is entitled to them.
Fan is short for “fanatic.”
Fanatics don’t accept mediocrity.
If you accept mediocrity you are not a fan.
You accept mediocrity.
You are not a fan.
You appear to be a “cheer boy” aka Heupel nut hugger.
Nut huggers don’t deserve sh&t.

Another man’s opinion.
I shall repeat. UCF is blessed to have fans like you. Rock on UCF fan.

Was he the same guy who held Auburn to 27 in the peach bowl?
They scored 29 or less 6 times that year. Including Mercer. They were not a consistent offensive team. If our offense wasn’t good we would have lost giving up 27. Everyone wanted Chinander fired. If not for a few lucky bounces or a big play late, we’d be saying the same about Frost. Hughes saved our season with the KO Return TD. Memphis easily could have beat us that year. A play here and there and we win this year. If you go back to game threads from Frost years the same things were said. He can’t gameday coach, he can’t slow it down when needed, DC sucks. Why are we running up middle. Same things.

They scored 29 or less 6 times that year. Including Mercer. They were not a consistent offensive team. If our offense wasn’t good we would have lost giving up 27. Everyone wanted Chinander fired. If not for a few lucky bounces or a big play late, we’d be saying the same about Frost. Hughes saved our season with the KO Return TD. Memphis easily could have beat us that year. A play here and there and we win this year. If you go back to game threads from Frost years the same things were said. He can’t gameday coach, he can’t slow it down when needed, DC sucks. Why are we running up middle. Same things.

Respectfully, “if” my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

And we one the conference the following year. O’Leary built a program and Frost added some new flair. Heupel is taking away any and all discipline that we used to show and quite frankly I don’t like the look.

Uh oh.........................you must be a fair weather fan. Apparently fair weather fans don’t accept mediocrity but “true” fans do.

That’s football. Bad calls by refs, bad bounces, penalties, mental errors etc. They all alter games.

Agreed. With the only caveat being that’s “bad” football. And the penalties and mental errors fall squarely upon the coach’s shoulders. Good coaches make corrections to correctable issues. We have not seen that with Heupel.

Apparently a large chunk of our fanbase has only been around since 2017 and anything before that is forgotten as if it never happened. So many of our fans think we're now going to run the table like we're Bama every year. That's not how things work for 96-97% of college football programs. We got beat and beat up by Tulsa. We lost a tough game with Memphis. Any one of a dozen plays falls our way then we win that game....they didn't. That's football. That's life. This team can still accomplish a lot. Sure, the main goal of playing for or winning a conference title seems off the table but you keep practicing and keep playing like you are a champion. I thought overall we looked much better as a 60 minute effort. That other team just made a few more plays than we did. If we didn't exist Memphis would have played in their third straight NY6 Bowl last season.

Reactions: RunawayKnight

And yet they also scored enough to beat Alabama and Georgia, coincidentally, the two teams that eventually played in the invite. Granted, Chinander wasn’t very good, but he would put out a better product than we saw last night.

Apparently a large chunk of our fanbase has only been around since 2017 and anything before that is forgotten as if it never happened. So many of our fans think we're now going to run the table like we're Bama every year. That's not how things work for 96-97% of college football programs. We got beat and beat up by Tulsa. We lost a tough game with Memphis. Any one of a dozen plays falls our way then we win that game....they didn't. That's football. That's life. This team can still accomplish a lot. Sure, the main goal of playing for or winning a conference title seems off the table but you keep practicing and keep playing like you are a champion. I thought overall we looked much better as a 60 minute effort. That other team just made a few more plays than we did.

I can only speak for myself. I’ve been a UCF fan since they were Div.II (through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs). Maybe it’s just me, but I prefer the highest of highs. I have no confidence in Heupel’s ability to become a good coach. I truly hope I’m wrong on this, but with each passing game there is more and more evidence to support my opinion. I kinda liked being on top of the AAC mountain, and I don’t see us getting back there with “no discipline Heupel.”

Reactions: Finance2000Knight
Uh oh.........................you must be a fair weather fan. Apparently fair weather fans don’t accept mediocrity but “true” fans do.
I know right. I stepped on campus in 1996 and know where we have come from and how hard it was to get here. I don’t want to see us trend downwards. Fighting for relevance all those years and we get here and it looks like we have coaches that won’t adjust. All it takes is a couple of crappy coaches and we are just another team. I have big expectations for our school. I don’t expect to win every game, the Tulsa losses are a joke. I can live with a loss to Memphis as I do like how they play and fight for relevance as well, but not when we had a big lead and folded. This coach, to me, doesn’t have a killer instinct and it looks like he wants a nice guy. I liked Spurriers attitude back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT