ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Oklahoma softball 🥎 game 1…

WHAT IN HELL were those players doing during the coach's interview?

I guarantee you they will be blasted by Malone for that.

Down 8-0 and they are acting like complete fools. Unbelievable!...and I'll add embarassing.
Yeah that’s kind of their thing but there is definitely a time and place for that. Getting beat 8-0 on national tv ain’t it.🤷🏻‍♂️

Well finally looks like they are playing loose. Hopefully it will mean a better start to tomorrow’s game.

Yeah that’s kind of their thing but there is definitely a time and place for that. Getting beat 8-0 on national tv ain’t it.🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree with you.

But it's utterly embarassing to be doing that crap on national tv, down 8-0. I'd put em on the first bus home.

Reactions: tjb74
No shame. Any team still playing is great. They have had an unbelievable season and get another chance to compete tomorrow. I’ve always felt baseball/softball are the hardest sports to win a title at the college level.

Not unexpected, 8 of thier 12 losses are on the road or neutral site games. They are playing the #1 team on thier field. As tough a draw as you can get. They are 53-2. That’s just insane to have a record like that. Kudos to their excellence so far.

WHAT IN HELL were those players doing during the coach's interview?

I guarantee you they will be blasted by Malone for that.

Down 8-0 and they are acting like complete fools. Unbelievable!...and I'll add embarassing.
You do know that the team is loose like that in EVERY game this year...whether they are winning or losing. That's their personality and I am fine with it.

espn slobfest over Oklahoma has been non-stop since 4pm preshow started. When they mention UCF its a lower case ucf. Oklahoma is good no doubt, but come on, give us some coverage as well. Opening pitch soon! Hope it is a great game. Go Knights.

Were we watching the same game? Of course they were complementing Oklahoma...maybe the best college softball team of all time. But they were also complementing UCF on the great season we had.

"Were we watching the same game?"

Did you not watch the preshow that started at 4pm? Oklahoma was the only team that existed for the half hour preshow. Little case ucf has no chance. And, they were right!

However, I was watching not to learn on how great of. team Oklahoma was. I wanted to hear about UCF team and there was zero coverage. It was as I said a espn slobfest...

"Were we watching the same game?"

Did you not watch the preshow that started at 4pm? Oklahoma was the only team that existed for the half hour preshow. Little case ucf has no chance. And, they were right!

However, I was watching not to learn on how great of. team Oklahoma was. I wanted to hear about UCF team and there was zero coverage. It was as I said a espn slobfest...
That’s what you’re going to get. If they expand football playoffs to 16 teams ever and before the 1 v 16 matchup, the 1 will be talked about nonstop and 16 will be mentioned as the opponent. That’s it. Especially if the 1 is beating everyone 30-3 every game.

Maybe try something different for game 2. Getting no hit while making errors and bad pitching decisions is not a good look
I kind of had the feeling it wasn’t going to be a close game but constantly throwing to wrong base is concerning. At 18-22 they should know situations and where to throw ball. Pitching to the best hitter in baseball with first open and 2 runners on is dumb. That’s like putting 9 guys in box daring the best QB to beat you with single coverage and no safety help. It’s not a great plan.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I kind of had the feeling it wasn’t going to be a close game but constantly throwing to wrong base is concerning. At 18-22 they should know situations and where to throw ball. Pitching to the best hitter in baseball with first open and 2 runners on is dumb. That’s like putting 9 guys in box daring the best QB to beat you with single coverage and no safety help. It’s not a great plan.
The second best home run hitter was up to bat next. On a percentage basis for a single at bat, the chances of either batter hitting a home run is pretty close to the same, but if you walk the first batter, that just means there is an extra runner on base to score if batter number 2 then hits a home run.

The coaches have pages and pages of stats and tendencies to consider when making these decisions, not just the single data point you are referring to.

It was also a "missed pitch" by Mancha, who typically keeps the ball low and on the corners.

Reactions: U C to the F
The second best home run hitter was up to bat next. On a percentage basis for a single at bat, the chances of either batter hitting a home run is pretty close to the same, but if you walk the first batter, that just means there is an extra runner on base to score if batter number 2 then hits a home run.

The coaches have pages and pages of stats and tendencies to consider when making these decisions, not just the single data point you are referring to.

It was also a "missed pitch" by Mancha, who typically keeps the ball low and on the corners.
Next hitter is a freshman compared to a senior? I’d take my chances. Wouldn’t have mattered anyways bc we got NO HIT. Might want to get a hit today

She wasn’t looking at any pages of stats for that at bat. They aren’t rifling through during game either. They show her with the pitch card and her giving 3 numbers for the sign. The announcer said before Alo came up that CBM was going to dare her to beat us. She wasn’t going to pitch around her. Also by putting a runner on first, a force out at every base gets an out and increases odds of a double play. CBM can’t coach like she’s going against USF. Teams in top 10 are way better and daring them to beat you will not end in your favor based on odds alone. She needed to coach like an MLB coach in playoffs. Not whimsical and carefree.

She wasn’t looking at any pages of stats for that at bat. They aren’t rifling through during game either.
Duh...Of course not. Coaches look at stats and tendencies BEFORE the game and decide how they are likely to react to certain game situations.

BTW...I am not saying I wouldn't have walked her if the decision were mine. Just that it is not as clear of a decision as people make it ot to be, especially since everyone commenting anonymously on a message board has the benefit of looking back and seeing what happened.

Duh...Of course not. Coaches look at stats and tendencies BEFORE the game and decide how they are likely to react to certain game situations.

BTW...I am not saying I wouldn't have walked her if the decision were mine. Just that it is not as clear of a decision as people make it ot to be, especially since everyone commenting anonymously on a message board has the benefit of looking back and seeing what happened.
I said it on discord when she was coming up they need to walk her.

1. You 100% walk the "HR Queen" who is favorite for national player of the year.

2. It wouldn't have made much difference. Those OU girls were bigger, faster, and quicker than ours.

3. OU also made no errors, and well you watched it.

Congratulations to our softball team for making it but the match-up was a huge uphill battle. Overmatched more than Cincinnati playing Bama in football.

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT