ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Tulane

Padding stats. As long as he doesn’t run I’m good with keeping him in.

He ran twice in the 4th quarter, once right after the sack. Basically if there is any scenario where Gabriel can't play, no one has any snaps. Gives the impression Heupel has zero confidence in back up.

Reactions: ucfcracker
That’s why we go for it on 4th down and should go for 2 every time. People are getting what they ask for. Slow it down and take the “sure points”. Careful what you ask for. Dudes a 60 % kicker with a long of 33. Some of our fans are clueless. This isn’t the NFL. We need TDS.
I get what you're saying, but how is this an excuse
that means we are failing in recruitment, how do we not have a kicker or attempted to find one knowing how bad he was coming into the season. its literally apart of the game.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I get what you're saying, but how is this an excuse
that means we are failing in recruitment, how do we not have a kicker or attempted to find one knowing how bad he was coming into the season. its literally apart of the game.
Yeah a kicker should be a top priority. Wonder if we can get a Grad Transfer?

Why is Gabriel even in the game and why is he still attempting passes? Heupel is such an idiot with how he coaches the game. He has the worst coaching IQ I've seen in some time.
Bring in the 2s and go 3 and out with 7+ minutes to go and Tulane time outs and people complain. Leave the ones in and put together a game ending drive and same people complain.

He ran twice in the 4th quarter, once right after the sack. Basically if there is any scenario where Gabriel can't play, no one has any snaps. Gives the impression Heupel has zero confidence in back up.
Quad got into a fight last week, I don’t think Milton should play abd possibly sitting Parker to learn. I’m good.

Bring in the 2s and go 3 and out with 7+ minutes to go and Tulane time outs and people complain. Leave the ones in and put together a game ending drive and same people complain.
I say we keep the starters in. Need to run up scored and hope other teams lose multiple games

The last drive we literally consumed 8:30 plus all Tulanes timeouts but people are questioning the strategy of leaving DG in. No doubt if it’s 3 and out and they return another punt to our 5 with 7 or so to go butts would have begun to pucker.

Hescock and Harris catching balls well. And the other TE Holler is making some good plays too. Really like what I've seen from Golesh regarding the TE game.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Tulane scores 34? What is Cinci going to hang on this defense? We’re going to have to score A LOT!
They scored 31 and 34 against supposedly 2 of the better teams in the conference the past 2. Game before that they had 66. This after switching QBs. I think Cincy will get in the 30s. So we will have to put up points.

Reactions: shacket
Tulane had a true freshman QB playing and posted his best numbers so far. And it's Tulane.

Houston QB has been putting up solid numbers, averaging over 300 yards a game. 7 TDS, 2 int.

Reactions: Knight Strength
That’s why we go for it on 4th down and should go for 2 every time. People are getting what they ask for. Slow it down and take the “sure points”. Careful what you ask for. Dudes a 60 % kicker with a long of 33. Some of our fans are clueless. This isn’t the NFL. We need TDS.
If we drive down to the 4 yard line and kick a FG against Memphis we're 4-1. Nobody is saying to slow down but you have to take points on the road when every point is needed.

If we drive down to the 4 yard line and kick a FG against Memphis we're 4-1. Nobody is saying to slow down but you have to take points on the road when every point is needed.
Actually we wouldn’t as they would have had a field goal on the ensuing drive instead of a punt. That is also assuming we made it. We looked terrible on a field goal today and missed an extra point as well. I think we all understand why when in doubt we are going rather than attempting a kick.

Why is Gabriel even in the game and why is he still attempting passes? Heupel is such an idiot with how he coaches the game. He has the worst coaching IQ I've seen in some time.
A dinged-up Anderson was out there on the last drive of the game when the outcome was already decided. One of the two freshman should have been out there. Anderson took a beating today.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

Well you're going to need your backup QB if you keep trying to pass and your starter gets hurt. Gabriel got nailed by a free rusher in the 4th and was lucky the guy didn't absolutely smoke him. You need to find ways to get your 2's reps and you need to call better plays to move the sticks late game.

Why are the ones still playing? Because we gave up 3 TD leads the last two weeks is why! Rightfully we shouldn’t slow the game down because we tried it the last two games and lost. The game ain’t over until the final whistle blows. Your team sucks is not running up the score. We do need to rotate for game experience but I want to keep the game plan going and keep on scoring until the game is over, even if there is only 2 seconds left.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Looks like Cincy stomped SMU scoring over 40 and holding SMU under 20.
SMU kept dropping passes, including a TD. A collosal coaching error before half as well. SMU got a first down on the 9 yard line with 24 seconds left (and at least 2 timeouts left), let the clock run down to 5 seconds, then kicked a FG. They cost themselves three shots at the endzone and had to settle for three. It's just unexplainable.

Kudos to Cincy. They kept having stupid 15 yard penalties yet stayed within their game plan and methodically beat them.

SMU kept dropping passes, including a TD. A collosal coaching error before half as well. SMU got a first down on the 9 yard line with 24 seconds left (and at least 2 timeouts left), let the clock run down to 5 seconds, then kicked a FG. They cost themselves three shots at the endzone and had to settle for three. It's just unexplainable.

Kudos to Cincy. They kept having stupid 15 yard penalties yet stayed within their game plan and methodically beat them.
How was Cincy's offense?

Cincy defense dominated one of the strongest offenses in aac on the road.

SMU gave up 27 to Memphis.

Tulane had a true freshman have a big day, I would expect an upperclassman QB on top a 10 team to know how to exploit UCF current defense.

Let's get a new kicker

Our kicker 'barely' gets extra points through the uprights. Usually precariously close to being wide right.

Something tells me the coaches know this, and that's why they are hesitant to kick FGs in any situation.

Can we get a damn kicker from somewhere? Maybe a film room guy like USF got their long snapper from?

Schiano's back there.
People always acted like this guy parted the red sea and performed miracles. In actuality, he sucked for half his tenure and then was able to mostly have 7-8-9 win seasons. One season he had 11 wins. Never won a conference title. So he made Rutgers not totally suck for like 5 years. They’ve been around 150 years and nobody cares. They have a claimed Natty from 1869 when they went 1-1. They were co-champs of the Big East in 2012 (After schiano left). The only one they have ever won.

Last edited:
We’ve been spoiled with solid kickers for awhile now. Matthew Wright really gave us a solid 4 years
His xtra pts kept creeping to the right. Where was the coach with the helpful advice? Coach finally comes to work (I guess) and the kid over-corrects to the left on the late fg.

His xtra pts kept creeping to the right. Where was the coach with the helpful advice? Coach finally comes to work (I guess) and the kid over-corrects to the left on the late fg.
Do we have a kicking coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT