ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Memphis game

Probably a more even matchup. A couple bad defenses. I have no rooting interest as we play both teams.

Just got to hope Mumphis goes undefeated for rest of the year, gets ranked and if/when we win out, we can leapfrog San Whathisface U. We've already got 1 less game for analysis v San..... We'll need all the help we can get

Mac Brown: "totally agree with the call" ( to go for it on 4th and goal from the 5).

Mac - there is a reason you are out of football. :eek:

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Memphis getting hosed in this game phantom fumble recovery reversal and then a fishy looking spot for UConn on a 4th down that was right near the line and they didn't even measure.

Side note: I'm watching US Soccer too and Pulisic is the best US Player ever. Has a nice goal and assists st already only 20 minutes in. For the record I only watch National Teams soccer. I don't watch club level.

Side note: I'm watching US Soccer too and Pulisic is the best US Player ever. Has a nice goal and assists st already only 20 minutes in. For the record I only watch National Teams soccer. I don't watch club level.
That's not saying much. Has Ronaldo impregnated any American women?

the design of this Orlando City Stadium comes off great on T.V., hopefully this helps Orlando win more bids to host more International Soccer. A nice intimate venue compared to the Citrus Bowl

I’m so glad UCF actually plays defense. I was worried it would disappear after O’Leary left. Coach Chinander is just keeping it going.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
well Memphis was already thin on defense then they lost another player to targeting

seems like UCF and Houston are the only 2 teams that have played good defense but Houston's offense has struggled more than ours

Reactions: UCFBS
Ferguson has 6 TD passes early in the 3rd quarter. He only had one vs UCF as time expired in the game! Anthony Miller has 13 catches, 3 TDs, 179 yds and did the same to UCLA. Yet we held him nicely in check.
update: Ferguson has 399 yds and no Ints, Miller up to 192 yds.
Their coach doesn't pull his starters, does he?

Last edited:
Memphis and USF are similar teams. Both have explosive offenses versus thin/undisciplined defenses and defenses that will give up a lot of points every week.
They have similarly mediocre defenses, but Memphis has a top QB and a great stable of receivers. USF is run first and then run some more on offense.

Ferguson has 6 TD passes early in the 3rd quarter. He only had one vs UCF as time expired in the game! Anthony Miller has 13 catches, 3 TDs, 179 yds and did the same to UCLA. Yet we held him nicely in check.
update: Ferguson has 399 yds and no Ints, Miller up to 192 yds.
Their coach doesn't pull his starters, does he?
Yes they are out. 4th quarter has begun.

They are lighting it up and we totally shut them down:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sooner or later, the analysts are going to stop putting asterisks on their offenses and our defenses the week they played us. These offenses are moving the ball, very well I might add, on everyone ... except us.

I'm only worried of our offense turning it over. But far less worried than last year.

Last edited:
Wow. That Memphis offense looked incredible. They were unstoppable tonight and and have been all year.
With Riley Ferguson they should go undefeated the rest of the way. No one can or has stopped them. When it wasn't the passing attack, it was the running game.

No one I'm telling you.

Oh... wait.

Don't forget the 3 amazing interceptions, none of them bad throws: two tipped and one off a great receiver hit.
Also the deep in the red zone stops for no points.

Sooner or later, the analysts are going to stop putting asterisks on their offenses and our defenses the week they played us. These offenses are moving the ball, very well I might add, on everyone ... except us.
They did the same thing after we buried Maryland only because they had to play with a backup QB. That backup was good enough to win the following week. And nobody mentioned we're the only ones to stop Maryland's terrific running backs.

It's interesting. Unless Uconn it's middle of the road FCS bad, the contrast of what Ferguson did tonight against Uconn vs UCF is like what has happened in the past when a star AAC or other G5 QB played in an OOC game vs a top 10 ranked or Strong SEC team.

They did the same thing after we buried Maryland only because they had to play with a backup QB. That backup was good enough to win the following week. And nobody mentioned we're the only ones to stop Maryland's terrific running backs.
If Ohio State gives up points and yards it may turn some heads.

Wow. That Memphis offense looked incredible. They were unstoppable tonight and and have been all year.
With Riley Ferguson they should go undefeated the rest of the way. No one can or has stopped them. When it wasn't the passing attack, it was the running game.

No one I'm telling you.

Oh... wait.

They are a 10-2, 11-1 team.

Pulisic is good because he has been playing in Europe since he was 16 yrs old when Dortmund signed him to their U-17 academy squad and now he is in his 2nd season starting in the Bundesliga.

He wouldn't be nearly as good at 19 yrs old if he stayed here at home playing HS and college ball in the USA, or even if he was put in the MLS last year.

Panama is comparable to a local average HS team but it is fun watching Pulisic on FS1 playing against solid competition for Dortmund.

Pulisic is good because he has been playing in Europe since he was 16 yrs old when Dortmund signed him to their U-17 academy squad and now he is in his 2nd season starting in the Bundesliga.

He wouldn't be nearly as good at 19 yrs old if he stayed here at home playing HS and college ball in the USA, or even if he was put in the MLS last year.

Panama is comparable to a local average HS team but it is fun watching Pulisic on FS1 playing against solid competition for Dortmund.
I can't watch club soccer because I have to feel a connection to team. I can't just watch and root for teams in Europe. I don't watch MLS very much either. But I saw his segment on 60 Minutes. Was interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT