ADVERTISEMENT

UF Will NOT Schedule Home and Home with UCF....

There is nothing garbage about it. You can either complain nobody will play you on your terms, and then be left out due to strength of schedule, or you can take what other teams offer you and potentially have a shot at getting in the playoff.

Not our terms, just fair terms. UF tool is just made he got exposed for being scared to play us, now he’s deflecting.

Let’s be honest, there’s no potential for a shot of getting in the playoff. If 2 straight undefeated seasons can’t do it then it can’t happen.

UF sucks anyway, they’d probably hurt our SOS

The best part of the whole thing is UF has played 1 OOC game outside Florida in the last 25 years and that was Michigan in Dallas last year

There is nothing garbage about it. You can either complain nobody will play you on your terms, and then be left out due to strength of schedule, or you can take what other teams offer you and potentially have a shot at getting in the playoff. Other teams don't owe you anything, and the power 5 programs don't need you. And again, I get that college football isn't fair, so I understand a lot of the argument you guys makes. But, college football is what it is. Making it about other teams and calling them cowards, does nothing to help your program make a playoff run. That is just a fact. Playing them, and beating them on their own fields does help you make a playoff run.

Total garbage. We’ve already beat all these teams. P5’s are cowards who are hiding. We’ve beaten 3 Top 10 teams in 6 years. Twice at neutral sites and once on the road. Blown out several other P5 teams. You precious P5 heroes aren’t refusing to schedule us because we haven’t proven ourselves. They are refusing to schedule us because they know they can’t beat us. We’ll keep running our mouths until one of these pussy programs gets some guts and plays us.

Not our terms, just fair terms. UF tool is just made he got exposed for being scared to play us, now he’s deflecting.

Let’s be honest, there’s no potential for a shot of getting in the playoff. If 2 straight undefeated seasons can’t do it then it can’t happen.

UF sucks anyway, they’d probably hurt our SOS

How did he get exposed? He said a potential 2 for 1 or a neutral site game might be an option. Again, you guys are trying to dictate terms in a situation where the other program has the upper hand. It's just not how it works, fair or not.

And if you dont think you could get in a playoff anyway, then why even play those games? Why not just play average teams and try to play in a New Years 6 every year?

How did he get exposed? He said a potential 2 for 1 or a neutral site game might be an option. Again, you guys are trying to dictate terms in a situation where the other program has the upper hand. It's just not how it works, fair or not.

And if you dont think you could get in a playoff anyway, then why even play those games? Why not just play average teams and try to play in a New Years 6 every year?

And yet all the bitch ass P5 schools complain about Notre Dame and the unfair treatment they get. F’n hypocrites.

Total garbage. We’ve already beat all these teams. P5’s are cowards who are hiding. We’ve beaten 3 Top 10 teams in 6 years. Twice at neutral sites and once on the road. Blown out several other P5 teams. You precious P5 heroes aren’t refusing to schedule us because we haven’t proven ourselves. They are refusing to schedule us because they know they can’t beat us. We’ll keep running our mouths until one of these pussy programs gets some guts and plays us.

Again, you cant say nobody will schedule you, when in fact, it is nobody will schedule you on YOUR TERMs. Those are completely different arguments. Regardless, you arent the first team in this type of position, so trying to go the same route as Boise St and just complaining about it isnt going to work. Take the 2 for 1s, take even 1 off games.

Again, you cant say nobody will schedule you, when in fact, it is nobody will schedule you on YOUR TERMs. Those are completely different arguments. Regardless, you arent the first team in this type of position, so trying to go the same route as Boise St and just complaining about it isnt going to work. Take the 2 for 1s, take even 1 off games.

The same route as Boise St.? Apparently it was a circular route. Everyone keeps throwing Boise St. up as the example, please enlighten us to where it got Boise St.?

The same route as Boise St.? Apparently it was a circular route. Everyone keeps throwing Boise St. up as the example, please enlighten us to where it got Boise St.?

It didnt get them anywhere, at least in regards to playing in a BCS title game, which is my point. So why take the same approach? Complaining about teams not giving you exactly what you want, isnt going to get you anywhere. Take what you can get, 2 for 1's, one offs, etc, at least for a few years, and then youll be in a position to make more demands.

There is nothing garbage about it. You can either complain nobody will play you on your terms, and then be left out due to strength of schedule, or you can take what other teams offer you and potentially have a shot at getting in the playoff. Other teams don't owe you anything, and the power 5 programs don't need you. And again, I get that college football isn't fair, so I understand a lot of the argument you guys makes. But, college football is what it is. Making it about other teams and calling them cowards, does nothing to help your program make a playoff run. That is just a fact. Playing them, and beating them on their own fields does help you make a playoff run.
It is idiotic to bow down to those who pay only a fraction of what a home game generates in revenue. We will keep exposing them

Reactions: Knight_Light
It is idiotic to bow down to those who pay only a fraction of what a home game generates in revenue. We will keep exposing them

That is fine, but again, they dont owe you anything. So you cant have it both ways. You cant say no one will play you, when in reality, it is no one will play you on your terms.

And I dont know what this exposing thing is supposed to mean. If you are talking about Florida, do you really think a game with UCF matters? If they go 12-0 or 11-1 and win the SEC, they are going to be in the playoff pretty much every time. Same with any SEC school, and for the most part the same with any major conference school, with some exceptions like OSU this year. UCF not being on their schedule wont hurt them one bit.

You cant say no one will play you, when in reality, it is no one will play you on your terms.

"Our terms" are simply fair terms. UF's terms are unfair terms which are 2:1 to their advantage. See the difference?

Now tell me why we should bow down and deal with the lower-ranked-than-us Gators on terms which are 2:1 in their favor.

I think that's all anyone here is asking.

We finished #6 last year. We might not be Alabama, but I refuse to believe any program is 2:1 of UCF.

Reactions: Psycho Jim
Youve been exposed as unable to comprehend reading. It is not “our” terms, it is fair terms. UF has been exposed as ducking competition and their AD sits atop the board of misfits that choose the 4 team beauty pageant.

Side note: cubs suck

Fair to say that we aren’t playing UF anytime soon? Both sides are too far apart

The media is basically saying that ANYTIME you can get FSU, Miami or UF on your campus, that you take a 2 for 1 deal. Doubt that they would EVER play here. Miami only. Maybe Nothing has changed in this regard.

It’s over

"Our terms" are simply fair terms. UF's terms are unfair terms which are 2:1 to their advantage. See the difference?

Now tell me why we should bow down and deal with the lower-ranked-than-us Gators on terms which are 2:1 in their favor.

We finished #6 last year. We might not be Alabama, but I refuse to believe any program is 2:1 of UCF.

I'm not saying you should bow down to anyone. But it is a 2 way street. Why should Florida agree to a situation that isn't beneficial to them?

I'm not saying you should bow down to anyone. But it is a 2 way street. Why should Florida agree to a situation that isn't beneficial to them?
How is a one and one not beneficial? Also havent we been ranked higher than UF the last two years?

How is a one and one not beneficial? Also havent we been ranked higher than UF the last two years?

What does being ranked have to do with anything? Florida's AD made it more than clear that home/home with G5 schools don't have the financial benefit as neutral site games. It is about money. Being ranked has nothing to do with money. Florida can make more money in other situations than playing you guys on your home field, that is just reality. College sports is not just about the product on the field, it is also about the money in the bank.

I am not saying you should do anything. If you don't like what Florida offers, don't take it, that is well within your right. But, you can't hold it against Florida if they just look elsewhere.

This is how negotiations work. You guys want a home/home, Florida wants something different. If both of you just have a hardline, then nothing will work out, which is fine. But just as you don't have to "bow down" to Florida, they don't have to "bow down" to you either.

Reactions: DocZaius
That is fine, but again, they dont owe you anything. So you cant have it both ways. You cant say no one will play you, when in reality, it is no one will play you on your terms.

And I dont know what this exposing thing is supposed to mean. If you are talking about Florida, do you really think a game with UCF matters? If they go 12-0 or 11-1 and win the SEC, they are going to be in the playoff pretty much every time. Same with any SEC school, and for the most part the same with any major conference school, with some exceptions like OSU this year. UCF not being on their schedule wont hurt them one bit.

UF exposed as scared to play us in Peach Bowl so they can save face when would’ve stomped that redneck ass. All this 2 for 1 stuff is a distraction for Strickland to change the conversation.

UF exposed as scared to play us in Peach Bowl so they can save face when would’ve stomped that redneck ass. All this 2 for 1 stuff is a distraction for Strickland to change the conversation.

This nothing but a talking point. There is no evidence Florida had anything to do with the Peach Bowl match up. You guys played in the Peach Bowl last year. Bowl games don't always want the same teams.

A game with UCF helps UF to fill their stadium, Compared to the Towsons of the world this is about 10K seats.

A game with UF helps UCF fill their stadium and that would be about 4K seats at best.

Does scheduling & beating UCF get UF into the invitational? - No, an undefeated run in the SEC will do that. Too much risk in a loss to UCF

Does scheduling & beating UF get UCF into the invitational? No, even beating Auburn last year only got them to #6

A 1:1 actually helps UF more than it helps UCF

A 2:1 should be a non starter because it hurts UCF more than it helps monetarily.

Even though both fan bases would like to see it, it doesn't look likely.

I am saying that is what I think you should do, not that you have to do, obviously.

Nobody ever said anything about "have to." Clearly we don't have to, and probably won't.

Our AD will find teams that aren't afraid of a loss or afraid of losing face by playing in our house, basically teams that don't look on us with derision.

UF can enjoy their SEC bubble and their FCS teams at home. It's well within their right.

Nobody ever said anything about "have to." Clearly we don't have to, and probably won't.

Our AD will find teams that aren't afraid of a loss or afraid of losing face by playing in our house, basically teams that don't look on us with derision.

UF can enjoy their SEC bubble and their FCS teams at home. It's well within their right.

Then it all works out for everyone then.

Exactly...as UF AD Stricklin, as a member of the CFP Committee, WAS in on the final meeting when Michigan was RANKED ahead of UCF...which basically eliminated a UCF/UF Peach Bowl Game.

Also, since Coaches Poll came out well before the final CFP Committee Ranking (AP and Coaches Poll DUE influence CFP as a "starting point"), even had his HC, Mullen, vote UCF #11, BEHIND his 3 loss Gator team...hoping to keep them DOWN in the Coaches Poll...but that didn't work, as UCF was ranked #7 in both the Coaches and AP Poll.

Bet ya $100 that if Stricklin had to do it over today vs getting exposed as having a joke non-conf schedule each year and now REFUSING to sign a home-home with a Top 10 program...he would have PUSHED for UCF to be ranked ahead of Michigan and would have taken a UCF/UF Peach Bowl in a game where UCF would be starting their inexperienced young back-up QB.

This nothing but a talking point. There is no evidence Florida had anything to do with the Peach Bowl match up. You guys played in the Peach Bowl last year. Bowl games don't always want the same teams.

No evidence? Ah...ok Pinocchio.

UF AD Stricklin, as a member of the CFP Committee, WAS in on the final meeting when 2 loss Michigan was RANKED ahead of UCF...which basically eliminated a UCF/UF Peach Bowl Game.

Also, since Coaches Poll came out well before the final CFP Committee Ranking (AP and Coaches Poll DUE influence CFP as a "starting point"), even had his HC, Mullen, vote UCF #11, BEHIND his 3 loss Gator team...hoping to keep them DOWN in the Coaches Poll...but that didn't work, as UCF was ranked #7 in both the Coaches and AP Poll.

Bet ya $100 that if Stricklin had to do it over today vs getting exposed as having a joke non-conf schedule each year and now REFUSING to sign a home-home with a Top 10 program...he would have PUSHED for UCF to be ranked ahead of Michigan and would have taken a UCF/UF Peach Bowl in a game where UCF would be starting their inexperienced young back-up QB.

Youve been exposed as unable to comprehend reading. It is not “our” terms, it is fair terms. UF has been exposed as ducking competition and their AD sits atop the board of misfits that choose the 4 team beauty pageant.

Side note: cubs suck

No, it is fair terms according to you. But you don't decide that. When you have two sides, both sides get to determine what they perceive as fair. Florida thinks they will take a financial loss, therefore they don't see it as fair to them.

No evidence? Ah...ok Pinocchio.

UF AD Stricklin, as a member of the CFP Committee, WAS in on the final meeting when 2 loss Michigan was RANKED ahead of UCF...which basically eliminated a UCF/UF Peach Bowl Game.

Again, this is a lot of speculation without proof, it is a talking point. There is no evidence that Strickland convinced the Peach Bowl to pass on UCF.

Fair to say that we aren’t playing UF anytime soon? Both sides are too far apart

The media is basically saying that ANYTIME you can get FSU, Miami or UF on your campus, that you take a 2 for 1 deal. Doubt that they would EVER play here. Miami only. Maybe Nothing has changed in this regard.

It’s over

Nothing has really changed. Culture change doesn't happen overnight, or two years. It takes sustained winning and also keeping program continuity.

You can see it in the recruiting just as well in regards to public perception.

UCF will need 4-5 years of 10+ wins consecutively to start really changing perception for the long term. For everything the 2013 team did, the public perception was washed away by 2016. Had Brent Key actually got the job, UCF could be a sub .500 team the last few years. That's how quickly things can change.

This is also not just outside perception, but within as well. Does anyone not believe that attendance would take a steep decline if the team goes 6-6 next year.

Nothing has really changed. Culture change doesn't happen overnight, or two years. It takes sustained winning and also keeping program continuity.

You can see it in the recruiting just as well in regards to public perception.

UCF will need 4-5 years of 10+ wins consecutively to start really changing perception for the long term. For everything the 2013 team did, the public perception was washed away by 2016. Had Brent Key actually got the job, UCF could be a sub .500 team the last few years. That's how quickly things can change.

This is also not just outside perception, but within as well. Does anyone not believe that attendance would take a steep decline if the team goes 6-6 next year.

This is spot on. While we are a top-10 team the last two years we probably aren't even top-50 in terms of program prestige. It is going to take years to get anywhere near the perception level of a Florida.

Like I said earlier, I don't think UF is "afraid" of us, they just have absolutely nothing to gain by taking a home and home with us, we have everything to gain. I can't blame a school for looking out for their best interests. It's the same reason we wouldn't schedule a H&H with North Dakota State.

We should continue to schedule mid-tier P5s to H&H's and be willing to play any top-tier P5 school on a neutral field at any time. I agree with no 2 for 1s. I wish we would stop scheduling FCS schools.

All this changes when we get the inevitable P5 invite. I believe we will have the resources to be a powerhouse at that point.

Like I said earlier, I don't think UF is "afraid" of us, they just have absolutely nothing to gain by taking a home and home with us, we have everything to gain. I can't blame a school for looking out for their best interests. It's the same reason we wouldn't schedule a H&H with North Dakota State.

That's actually what being afraid is. If they weren't afraid of losing to us, they would schedule us...no problem. Nothing to gain? How about an easy win? Because that is what they keep saying we would be. Yet, they don't. Why? Because they are afraid they would lose to us.

NDSU is not the same. They are an FCS . That is completley different division. Not just another FBS conference. A completely different division.

We've paid our dues playing P5 teams on the road. Stanford plays us H&H. Pitt does. Maryland does, UNC does. BC did. Texas scheduled it. Why can't Florida? Why is it different for them?

That's actually what being afraid is. If they weren't afraid of losing to us, they would schedule us...no problem. Nothing to gain? How about an easy win? Because that is what they keep saying we would be. Yet, they don't. Why? Because they are afraid they would lose to us.

Of course, if you told me to spin a roulette wheel where only one spot I lose and every other spot I 'Win" but doesn't give me anything I am not going to play. Obviously the chances of a loss is even more significant than 1 in 38 for UF if they were to play.

UF could avoid playing UCF for the next 20 years, and it will have zero impact on their ability to reach the goals of their or any program.

The only chance UCF has is to goad them into a game, and the only real way UF looks weak is by giving in.

You know you scared brah. You gotta keep up the illusion you're the best team in the state when everyone knows it's UCF.

You're like the white people trying to keep Jackie Robinson out of the MLB cuz you know he's damn good, we shall overcome your exclusionary tactics and prevail in glorious fashion.

It all comes down to this:
69280898.jpg

You know you scared brah. You gotta keep up the illusion you're the best team in the state when everyone knows it's UCF.

You're like the white people trying to keep Jackie Robinson out of the MLB cuz you know he's damn good, we shall overcome your exclusionary tactics and prevail in glorious fashion.

Why would I be scared? The outcome of a football game, whether it be good or bad, has never once impacted my life outside of maybe a few minutes or excitement or a few minutes of mild disappointment.

And right, when people think of history and civil rights issues, UCF being relegated to the Peach and Fiesta Bowl instead of the playoff I am sure will be studied as one of the grave injustices of its time.

O

The only chance UCF has is to goad them into a game, and the only real way UF looks weak is by giving in.

Oh, you look weak right now. We're slapping you in the face and you're just pretending to not care. You're being mocked by people all over the country. Only UF fans think they are bigger deal in Florida than UCF right now. People may hate us, but they are talking about us because we are the best team in Florida. The only talk about UF is how UF, FSU and Miami have taken back seat to UCF right now.

Mind you, we aren't on the UF board...but...here you are.

No point in arguing with this Cub79 gator fan. No UCF isn’t going to give in to the gators desire to only play 1-1 vs FSU. They haven’t played a 1-1 against another team since 1991. They aren’t going to stop now. It’s ok, other teams will schedule UCF 1-1. Gators can go on scheduling 2 shitty FCS teams so they can give their fans a guaranteed 7 home games a year. It makes more money for them than having only 6 home games against actual FBS opponents.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT