ADVERTISEMENT

UFOs

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ghting-alien-craft-near-east-coast/415951002/

latest

Not to get all tinfoil hat-like but it's naive to think in the whole universe we are the only intelligent creatures.

However - I don't think random beings are just making random trips to Earth. If another species was able to reach us, we'd know.

I always chuckle at the idea that aliens have the technology to travel from across the universe to our planet, yet once here, hide in the shadows and hover in remote, obscure places.

Reactions: UCFBS and bqknight
If other beings have the technology to travel light-years across the universe, they have the technology to be 100% undetectable to us.

Reactions: fabknight
I get that but why?

I watched a show on this a while ago on Science Channel. A bunch of alien life researchers pondering what "aliens" would actually be, or possess, once they got here.

They all basically agreed that if aliens from the other side of the universe made it here, they'd have technology that we literally cannot even fathom right now. It would exceed what we think is currently possible.

I get that but why?

The technology required to be able to travel light-years in a short amount of time is so vastly ahead of where we currently are, that associated advances in "stealth" technology would also have occurred.

Basically if they have tech to travel here, they would have the tech to make an invisibility cloaking device.

The technology required to be able to travel light-years in a short amount of time is so vastly ahead of where we currently are, that associated advances in "stealth" technology would also have occurred.

Basically if they have tech to travel here, they would have the tech to make an invisibility cloaking device.

No, no, I get that. Why hide though?

You pretend to know everything on Earth, I'm really surprised at how humble you are being here.

lol not bad, I'll give you credit for that one I chuckled. One thing I don't know though, I'm not really sure why you take pride in being wrong about stuff on here.

I always chuckle at the idea that aliens have the technology to travel from across the universe to our planet, yet once here, hide in the shadows and hover in remote, obscure places.
Yep.

I also think other nations have approached aerial surveillance in ways we haven't thought of (or haven't deployed yet). And that's why there is no commentary, because we're behind and just didn't think of it first (or at least get it to operational first).

Russia and, now, China has leapfrogged us. We've been way too stagnant, partially because of politics**, partially because we don't have as many innovative R&D teams.

Insert the US media getting all upset about W. developing both new defensive and offensive weapons capabilities. So we're still on Clinton-era stuff. It didn't change until 2014 during the Obama administration's "Russian scare" (hence their 'change' in 'interference'). Meanwhile, the Russians have not just developed, but even deployed S-400 to North Korea and Iran, and developed new offensive cruise missiles and ICBMs like the Kinzhal and RS-28, respectively.

It wouldn't surprise me if Russia or China ... or even India ... have new, small drone surveillance systems that can run the entire length of the Pacific, and back, and also have a short-term, smokeless rocket engine that can cause it to quickly accelerate when needed.

It's easy to come up with new drone solutions, unlike a manned aircraft.

ADVERTISEMENT