ADVERTISEMENT

UK breaks all time temperature record

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
1990's GOP: The earth isn't warming

2000's GOP: The earth probably isn't warming. Definitely not human caused (but it's still not warming)

2010's GOP: The earth is probably warming, but it's not humans fault

2020's GOP: The earth is obviously warming but it's totally natural.

2022 GOP: Who cares about the Earth, brown people are scary! Also if we drag humanity back to the dark ages that should cool it down, right? Guns have more rights than women. It's totally a good thing 4 people were murdered in a mall good court, america is the best!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ucfmikes
2022- But… but, but humans have only been around for a few years. It was surely this hot one day 400 million years ago 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

But we don't need to spend no stinkin' money to stop global warming according the the GOP and West Virginia's Joe Manchin.

We're already paying now for what we didn't do much earlier. But our inaction means we'll be paying much more down the road. It ain't gonna go away.

1990's GOP: The earth isn't warming

2000's GOP: The earth probably isn't warming. Definitely not human caused (but it's still not warming)

2010's GOP: The earth is probably warming, but it's not humans fault

2020's GOP: The earth is obviously warming but it's totally natural.

2022 GOP: Who cares about the Earth, brown people are scary! Also if we drag humanity back to the dark ages that should cool it down, right? Guns have more rights than women. It's totally a good thing 4 people were murdered in a mall good court, america is the best!

Guns have no rights; they are slaves to their users. Assuming global warming is in large part man made, We have no tech to end it any time soon. Electric cars create global warming thru the production and electricity produced fossil fuel. Windmills and solar, will at most put a very small dent in power needs. Now if elitist would quit flying private jets while telling us to take the train, that might actually do something.

But we don't need to spend no stinkin' money to stop global warming according the the GOP and West Virginia's Joe Manchin.

We're already paying now for what we didn't do much earlier. But our inaction means we'll be paying much more down the road. It ain't gonna go away.
What should we have done?

Guns have no rights; they are slaves to their users. Assuming global warming is in large part man made, We have no tech to end it any time soon. Electric cars create global warming thru the production and electricity produced fossil fuel. Windmills and solar, will at most put a very small dent in power needs. Now if elitist would quit flying private jets while telling us to take the train, that might actually do something.
Dude, it's not a competition to post the stupidest shit possible. You already have the crown as the most ignorant moron I don't yet have on ignore.

It's like you are trying to be as misinformed as possible. I am almost impressed.

EVs derive their electricity from the grid which is made of renewable electricity as well as carbons. However the carbon to generate electricity is much much more efficient than that which is ignited in a combustion engine. Like it’s not even close to the same thing.

Reactions: UCFloridaTech
EVs derive their electricity from the grid which is made of renewable electricity as well as carbons. However the carbon to generate electricity is much much more efficient than that which is ignited in a combustion engine. Like it’s not even close to the same thing.
Lol as if the bug exterminator is capable of learning.

I'm serious when I say I have met house plants smarter than him.

Normal boomers suffer from a 3-7 IQ point hit thanks to growing up with leaded gas. I'd be surprised if goodknight has a 3-7 IQ. The man is just stupendously stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Wind and Sun produce about 9% you get it up to 17 with water. Even at that, EV's are not yet affordable nor practical for most uses. Will they be in 20 years? I am sure they will be better assuming we find a much better battery. As we keep pulling coal offline, China keeps adding them and they are dirtier than those we remove.

I think most people do what they can to save energy, light bulbs, smaller cars. The ones who don't are the leader elites like Al Gore with his 8 massive homes, Private jets, and Limo rides. Like John Kerry the king of global warming who flies alone or nearly alone all over the world on private jets and getting into hug gas guzzlers while staying in massive hotel suites and telling me my Nissan pickup shouldn't have a V6, and I shouldn't tow my 23 foot trailer to national parks, as they should be closed to the general public to save them for people like himself.

The elitist that push global warming push it for power, glory, and control of the masses. It was like Obama pushing us to keep the heat in our homes to 68 while he warmed the Whitehouse to 76 because that is where he personally was comfortable. Do as I say not as I do.

Lol as if the bug exterminator is capable of learning.

I'm serious when I say I have met house plants smarter than him.

Normal boomers suffer from a 3-7 IQ point hit thanks to growing up with leaded gas. I'd be surprised if goodknight has a 3-7 IQ. The man is just stupendously stupid.
Bahhhh says the generation that has to be told not to lick battery post on cars.

Bahhhh says the generation that has to be told not to lick battery post on cars.
This gem from the Florida spokesman for the Climate Change Deniers Club.

Those government 'eggheads' aren't gonna tell YOU want to do by golly!!!

Wind and Sun produce about 9% you get it up to 17 with water. Even at that, EV's are not yet affordable nor practical for most uses. Will they be in 20 years? I am sure they will be better assuming we find a much better battery. As we keep pulling coal offline, China keeps adding them and they are dirtier than those we remove.

I think most people do what they can to save energy, light bulbs, smaller cars. The ones who don't are the leader elites like Al Gore with his 8 massive homes, Private jets, and Limo rides. Like John Kerry the king of global warming who flies alone or nearly alone all over the world on private jets and getting into hug gas guzzlers while staying in massive hotel suites and telling me my Nissan pickup shouldn't have a V6, and I shouldn't tow my 23 foot trailer to national parks, as they should be closed to the general public to save them for people like himself.

The elitist that push global warming push it for power, glory, and control of the masses. It was like Obama pushing us to keep the heat in our homes to 68 while he warmed the Whitehouse to 76 because that is where he personally was comfortable. Do as I say not as I do.
EVs are already comparable in affordability to similar year/mileage gasoline cars. Look at a 2017 Chevy bolt compare to a Toyota Camry. Basically the same price. Yeah the absolute cheapest cars in the 15-20 year old range don’t yet have comparably priced cars, but that it just one subset of the market. If you buy an EV now it has a lower carbon footprint than a gas car over its life. And this is taking into account that only 20% of the grid is renewable electricity at this point. If you buy an EV today, worst case it is already better than a gas car, but in reality it will only get better over its life. 5 or 10 years from now, the grid won’t be comprised of less renewable energy, it will be more.

holy shit you are dumb.

I do wonder, why are you so confident in your completely baseless assertations? Why do you think this shit that you obviously make up is correct, or that anyone believes it? Is it solely a product of the lead poisoning? Or is it the fact that you grew up pre-internet when whatever dumbass was the most confident when they spewed their bullshit was believed?

The fact is, we live in a world where your idiotic boasts can and are instantly fact checked, and you get called out on it, on literally every post. Yet you still continue writing easily fact check idiotic things that are just flat out not true. Why do you keep doing this?

holy shit you are dumb.

I do wonder, why are you so confident in your completely baseless assertations? Why do you think this shit that you obviously make up is correct, or that anyone believes it? Is it solely a product of the lead poisoning? Or is it the fact that you grew up pre-internet when whatever dumbass was the most confident when they spewed their bullshit was believed?

The fact is, we live in a world where your idiotic boasts can and are instantly fact checked, and you get called out on it, on literally every post. Yet you still continue writing easily fact check idiotic things that are just flat out not true. Why do you keep doing this?
so says the trained monkey of the board.

• Haha
Reactions: UCFloridaTech
Well we all know the earth was at its most perfect temperatures from aprox 1850 to about 1950. Anything cooler or warmer than those 100 years out of ??? are what is best for life on planet earth.

Well we all know the earth was at its most perfect temperatures from aprox 1850 to about 1950.
Well, we all also know that human activity is largely responsible for the climate getting hotter.

We also know how to reverse the effect -- if we'd all quit pretending it's "no big deal, 'just another climate cycle."

Or we could be like Democrat, Joe Manchin and complain "it costs too much." Who knew the costs of extended droughts, more intense and devistating hurricanes, year-round forest fires, yadda, yadda, yadda aren't costing us more and more money?

I do agree global warming must be confronted. Some people will never agree on the cause, to them I say regardless, the impacts are noticeable... I've personally seen bleaching of coral reefs on some of my dives, no bueno.

Need to get some balanced approaches to get all sides moving on it. I like the EVs, but it can't be an all or nothing strategy.

Well, we all also know that human activity is largely responsible for the climate getting hotter.

I agree with this, the extent is uncertain, but humans aren't making the world any cooler... Those that stand firmly against the notion humans have absolutely 0 impact are illogical.

Ever been in a crowded room with no A/C? Try telling yourself humans don't impact temperature then.

Need to get some balanced approaches to get all sides moving on it.
Once upon a time, both Republicans and Democrats agreed that we needed to protect our environment. Heck, the EPA was started under Richard Nixon.

I could be remembering it wrong but I consider Al Gore, the person most responsible for making the topic 'political' and causing a massive Republican shift of opinion. Once he came out with the film, 'An Inconvenient Truth' back in the early Oughts, conservatives decided it must all be bullsh*t since it was coming from Gore.

Ford is doing its part to combat climate change and meet our demands by reorganizing around EV. Just sealed a huge partnership with a Chinese battery manufacturer to secure their EV production mid-term. It even allowed them to cut 8,000 expensive jobs (mostly here in the US) because they don’t need people building ICEs. Everybody Wins.

Ford is doing its part to combat climate change and meet our demands by reorganizing around EV. Just sealed a huge partnership with a Chinese battery manufacturer to secure their EV production mid-term. It even allowed them to cut 8,000 expensive jobs (mostly here in the US) because they don’t need people building ICEs. Everybody Wins.

“We have too many people,” Farley said at a Wolfe Research auto conference in February.

...wish the Government had to operate in similar conditions as private enterprise.

“We have too many people,” Farley said at a Wolfe Research auto conference in February.

...wish the Government had to operate in similar conditions as private enterprise.
Of course they will have too many people. They are shutting down much of their ICE manufacturing And offshoring a big part of the replacement to China so why wouldn’t they have too many people.

Oh, and I agree with your sentiment.

we should all keep driving cars with internal combustion engines so that a private corporation can employ 5% more people.
Who the fūck is dumb enough to play the "let's keep using outdated technology so people can have jobs" line?

Hey guys, the cotton gin put too many people out of a job let's go back to hand picking cotton.

Goddamn idiots on this board.

When I can get a Electric truck for the price of a Nissan Frontier, that will tow my light weight, <5k lbs. camper 190 to 200 miles at a time and be recharged in 10 minutes at any fuel station, I will look at an electric.

For now I went with a 6cyl that gives me 23 to 26.5 mph doing errands ect, and 12.5 highway towing which is the best combo I have ever had for that purpose. When tech catches up I am all for changing, but for now will buy best available for my needs.

When I can get a Electric truck for the price of a Nissan Frontier, that will tow my light weight, <5k lbs. camper 190 to 200 miles at a time and be recharged in 10 minutes at any fuel station, I will look at an electric.

For now I went with a 6cyl that gives me 23 to 26.5 mph doing errands ect, and 12.5 highway towing which is the best combo I have ever had for that purpose. When tech catches up I am all for changing, but for now will buy best available for my needs.
Obviously if you have to tow tons of weight hundreds of miles and can’t spare more than 10 minutes to charge up then you are limited. But only a small fraction of personal vehicles on the road have to account for that scenario.

we should all keep driving cars with internal combustion engines so that a private corporation can employ 5% more people.
How about our American companies retrain those people and make the batteries here rather than contract with an avowed enemy and put ourselves at an even greater imbalance while we rely even more on a foreign supply chain?

I mean did you actually think your false choice was clever?

How about our American companies retrain those people and make the batteries here rather than contract with an avowed enemy and put ourselves at an even greater imbalance while we rely even more on a foreign supply chain?

I mean did you actually think your false choice was clever?
You want a law requiring a private company to not outsource jobs to other countries? I thought you were a free market capitalist. Lol.

Obviously if you have to tow tons of weight hundreds of miles and can’t spare more than 10 minutes to charge up then you are limited. But only a small fraction of personal vehicles on the road have to account for that scenario.
exactly what car can be charged in 10 or 15 minutes? Some say 80% in 30 minutes or so. Most take 4 to 10 hours for a full charge. You tell me what Tow vehicle makes sense that is electric for traveling. I will answer for you NONE! First off your range while towing would suck, doubt you could go 150 miles, I can get 250. Once doing 80% charges it wouldn't be close to 150. So I can drive 2 1/2 hours stop to recharge 30 to 40 minutes than go another 100 miles. No thanks.

I am not against electric vehicles, and they make sense as commuters for many people. Our 2nd car is a Rouge that we average over 30mph with and get close to 40 on the highway. But if you travel towing a camper or boat, or need a work truck where you drive a lot. there is nothing out there that makes sense. If an electric car works for you great, get one. The do not make sense for me today. Maybe in 10 to 20 years they will, and prices will come down to a place where they make sense. But they are not there yet.

exactly what car can be charged in 10 or 15 minutes? Some say 80% in 30 minutes or so. Most take 4 to 10 hours for a full charge. You tell me what Tow vehicle makes sense that is electric for traveling. I will answer for you NONE! First off your range while towing would suck, doubt you could go 150 miles, I can get 250. Once doing 80% charges it wouldn't be close to 150. So I can drive 2 1/2 hours stop to recharge 30 to 40 minutes than go another 100 miles. No thanks.

I am not against electric vehicles, and they make sense as commuters for many people. Our 2nd car is a Rouge that we average over 30mph with and get close to 40 on the highway. But if you travel towing a camper or boat, or need a work truck where you drive a lot. there is nothing out there that makes sense. If an electric car works for you great, get one. The do not make sense for me today. Maybe in 10 to 20 years they will, and prices will come down to a place where they make sense. But they are not there yet.
I didn’t say a car could be charged fully in 10 minutes. I said if you can’t spare more than 10 minutes that EVs probably aren’t for you. Tesla supercharger charges to 80% in 15 minutes. I think it will be similar for their mega super chargers for their semi truck that will be in production next year.

EV's will be the future unless something else comes around, but they are not there yet. The tech has improved and will continue to improve. Biggest issue now is the environmentally horrid batteries they use, and combo of distance and charging times. They need to find the next generation battery tech, that is lighter, more stable (don't explode into flames) and can extend range longer while being charged quicker. I have no doubt they will find a way around those problems, but don't think it is going to happen in next 2 or 3 years.

In the meantime, buy the most fuel-efficient cars you can that fit your needs.

EV's will be the future unless something else comes around, but they are not there yet. The tech has improved and will continue to improve. Biggest issue now is the environmentally horrid batteries they use, and combo of distance and charging times. They need to find the next generation battery tech, that is lighter, more stable (don't explode into flames) and can extend range longer while being charged quicker. I have no doubt they will find a way around those problems, but don't think it is going to happen in next 2 or 3 years.

In the meantime, buy the most fuel-efficient cars you can that fit your needs.
Honest question: why the fūck do you keep posting your opinion as if it matters?

Do you honestly think people care about the views of high school drop out pest exterminator?

You are a goddamn moron. Leave the thermodynamics of electric vehicles to engineers and vaccines to doctors. No one reads your idiotic shit, try to focus on killing bugs and maybe getting your GED.

Honest question: why the fūck do you keep posting your opinion as if it matters?

Do you honestly think people care about the views of high school drop out pest exterminator?

You are a goddamn moron. Leave the thermodynamics of electric vehicles to engineers and vaccines to doctors. No one reads your idiotic shit, try to focus on killing bugs and maybe getting your GED.

34f6d9988f3fbea147ce41b88075ad6a.jpg

Do better.

Anger issues? your inner snowflake/Karen is coming out. Of course you don't have opinions, just monkey training points.

Anger issues? your inner snowflake/Karen is coming out. Of course you don't have opinions, just monkey training points.
Again, and I will type slowly this time: your opinion is worthless. You are a moron. No one cares what you think because it is literally wrong 100% of the time.

Work on educating yourself before spewing more nonsense and you might be able to claw back a shred of credibility.

Wind and Sun produce about 9% you get it up to 17 with water.

The anti-dam groups would disagree, but seems like a multi beneficial solution would be to hydro-power dam more rivers...

-Collects more reserves fresh water
-Renewable energy source
-Increased tax revenue with lake-front property, applied to further conservation efforts
-Additional food source (stocked "free range" fish)

Other than exchanging the natural river scape for the size of the reservoir, what other downsides are there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT