ADVERTISEMENT

UM DC Manny Diaz...

idk was his defense that good or did the turnover chain just get a lot of hype? Also what does he do on offense? idk reminds me of the Diocamo

Brian Kelly was strictly a DC prior to head coach. Also you could throw in Ed Orgeron, Marc Dantonio and possibly Will Muschamp (although I wouldn’t say he’s winning).

If we are going by eye test alone then throw in Dabo and Les Miles (although both were OC’s prior to their head coaching gig)

Brian Kelly was strictly a DC prior to head coach. Also you could throw in Ed Orgeron, Marc Dantonio and possibly Will Muschamp (although I wouldn’t say he’s winning).

If we are going by eye test alone then throw in Dabo and Les Miles (although both were OC’s prior to their head coaching gig)

Brian Kelly was a DC for 2 years 100 years ago(89'-'91) at a Div III school. As a head coach, he's been known for innovative offenses and just adequate defenses.
Dabo Swinney was never an OC he went from WR coach to interim HC to HC.

We weren't looking to deviate from what's working. I don't think it'll keep us from winning.

Total yards given up does not mean jack. Total points given up by a defense is the only stat that matters in wins and losses.

Total yards given up does not mean jack. Total points given up by a defense is the only stat that matters in wins and losses.

15th in scoring D. The P5 programs that allowed fewer PPG were Miss State, Clemson, Bama, Washington, Kentucky, Iowa, and Michigan. Notre Dame as well if you consider them P5 which they are conference affiliation aside.

Other than Saban, who are the great Head Coaches who are winning a lot that are "defensive coaches'?
It fits Temple's Program Identity. This might be an upgrade from Collins who I thought relied a little too much on Special Teams gimmicks but the problem for Temple is that if Miami continues to struggle it could be a 1-2 year round trip to Coral Gables for Diaz.

Reactions: JAFFX2
It fits Temple's Program Identity. This might be an upgrade from Collins who I thought relied a little too much on Special Teams gimmicks but the problem for Temple is that if Miami continues to struggle it could be a 1-2 year round trip to Coral Gables for Diaz.

Wasn't just ST gimmicks, although our ST are ridiculous and have been. 2nd and 5 from midfield and in a critical point in the game and he'd roll out swinging gate bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT