ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunate reality from USA Today

Hahahahahahahahahaha welcome back to reality. Good to see that some of you are finally realizing how foolish and delusional you looked.

2017 National Champ. Look it up in the NCAA record book. There is no delusion. Bama was 3-8 in 2002/3 when we beat them. Does that mean all their Natty's afterwards don't count? Go suck a D, and educate yourself about college football and what it means to have roster turnover and player development. When you have 18-19 year olds playing a lot, it's likely you get beat by a team (especially on the road in conference play) by a team that may be loaded with 21-23 year olds. College football isn't the NFL.

Reality:
2017: 13-0 (Conference Title)
2018: 12-1 (Conference Title)
2019: 10-3
2020: ?

Over that same span there are probably 4 teams with a better record: Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. Maybe another team or 2...maybe??? Nobody but Bama, Clemson and Ohio State gets to do what they do, and that is because every year their teams are riddled with 4/5-star depth up and down their rosters...every position. They don't have to go through cycles of up and down like everybody else.

Even Notre Dame was 4-8 in 2016, then 10-3, then 12-1, then 11-2. They have a very senior-laden roster this season. I would expect them to continue to win.

2017 National Champ. Look it up in the NCAA record book. There is no delusion. Bama was 3-8 in 2002/3 when we beat them. Does that mean all their Natty's afterwards don't count? Go suck a D, and educate yourself about college football and what it means to have roster turnover and player development. When you have 18-19 year olds playing a lot, it's likely you get beat by a team (especially on the road in conference play) by a team that may be loaded with 21-23 year olds. College football isn't the NFL.

Reality:

Over that same span there are probably 4 teams with a better record: Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. Maybe another team or 2...maybe??? Nobody but Bama, Clemson and Ohio State gets to do what they do, and that is because every year their teams are riddled with 4/5-star depth up and down their rosters...every position. They don't have to go through cycles of up and down like everybody else.

Even Notre Dame was 4-8 in 2016, then 10-3, then 12-1, then 11-2. They have a very senior-laden roster this season. I would expect them to continue to win.
Good post but we're in the American, not the ACC or SEC

Reality:

The run's not necessarily over and we owned 2017-2019, but Cincinnati and Appalachian State could have better records from 2018-2020 and it's hard to press for a P5 spot when you're not the best of the next teams up for several years...which is why people are making a big deal about this.

Reactions: mattropolis
Hahahahahahahahahaha welcome back to reality. Good to see that some of you are finally realizing how foolish and delusional you looked.

Bitch..........we’re still gonna assrape your uwcf bulls.*
*this is the opinion of the individual poster and does not necessarily represent the views of the UCF administration or it’s employees.

The run's not necessarily over and we owned 2017-2019, but Cincinnati and Appalachian State could have better records from 2018-2020 and it's hard to press for a P5 spot when you're not the best of the next teams up for several years...which is why people are making a big deal about this.
P5 has nothing to do with a 3 year football record.

Absolutely it doesn't, but a 5-year run and a 10-year run would because success matters when you're trying to move the needle. Unfortunately, the needle's moving in the wrong direction right now.
Nah. A 49-50 thriller on ABC (for the 3rd time in 4 games) helps the resume. At the end of the day it we play an exciting brand of football that draws eyeballs.

Nah. A 49-50 thriller on ABC (for the 3rd time in 4 games) helps the resume. At the end of the day it we play an exciting brand of football that draws eyeballs.
Losing never helps the resume unless it's in a January bowl game.

I don't even know if that's good enough at this point and even if it is UCF should be beyond moral victories and playing for style points in a regular-season conference game.

Not from a fanbase perspective. I think you are going to see a drop off in interest. Saturday is expected to be a rainy day, don't expect everyone to make it out to watch them play Tulane.

Not from a fanbase perspective. I think you are going to see a drop off in interest. Saturday is expected to be a rainy day, don't expect everyone to make it out to watch them play Tulane.
Less interest than 8k for Tulsa when we were 2-0 and ranked top 15?

I don’t think our run is over. We broke in a new true freshman QB and went 10-3. We’ll see what happens the rest of this season but there are a ton of new players playing on both sides of the ball due to opt outs and injuries. You just never really know when most college teams are going to fully gel.

All this year does is let the whiny twats come out after our past seasons of greatness and not letting the p5 morons degrade you like Boise St does. I still think demaning we were National Champs is still far greater than Boise St.'s coach last year saying "We don't deserve to be in the chimpionship, we suck". We are still better than we were pre-"I-don't-really-want-to-be-here-I-want-to coach-Neb-to-a-pathetic-year-to-year-irrelevancy."

Yes, like after the 2014 Fiesta Bowl win too. Sigh ...

Miami hasn't finished Top 10 in 17 years.
UCF has done that in 7 ... TWICE!

Reactions: Radiate88
ADVERTISEMENT