ADVERTISEMENT

UP ALL KNIGHT - Who is UCF's rival now?

ucf1

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Clay Pasco and Andrew Cherico are Up All Knight to bring you their unique look at UCF Sports.

In this edition, the guys discuss UCF's current rival and whether or not Gold jersey's should be brought back. Plus, they scout the Florida Gators, and reveal Knightmare of the Week.

Thanks for watching here.

Don’t have one currently, in time there will be one though. Top 5 possibilities?

1. Utah - Good team and the fan base is hated by everyone already
2. Cinci - Hope their team and lousy chili can rise from the dead…. Oops, Alabama just scored again, way to embarrass the conference
3. Oklahoma St - Good team and Gundy says some of the stupidest stuff, yes we know you are a grown ass man Mike
4. Colorado - At least while Sanders is around, beating Transfer U will be fun
5. BYU - I’m jealous these guys get 5 wives each

Don’t have one currently, in time there will be one though. Top 5 possibilities?

2. Cinci - Hope their team and lousy chili can rise from the dead…. Oops, Alabama just scored again, way to embarrass the conference
3. Oklahoma St - Good team and Gundy says some of the stupidest stuff, yes we know you are a grown ass man Mike
those are good shark!!!

Seems like its going to be an uphill battle if not nearly impossible to establish a rival. No proximity in the conference, and with the conference being so large you won't play a lot of the teams frequently enough to establish a rivalry. Feels like trying to establish a rivarly will be like COnFLict.

It seems pretty clear that it’s Cinci right now, given the recent history of high profile battles that the two teams have had in their previous conference. You could say Houston as well given that they’ve been battling each other since CUSA, but I don’t recall much in the way of high profile games between them.

It would be interesting if the Big 12 and the ACC join to form a mega conference. If this were to happen, then, there could be a couple of nice rivalries with FSU (if they don't bolt) and Georgia Tech.

It would be interesting if the Big 12 and the ACC join to form a mega conference. If this were to happen, then, there could be a couple of nice rivalries with FSU (if they don't bolt) and Georgia Tech.
If there is a “best of” conference with 10-12 from each conference, we probably don’t make the cut, so we shouldn’t even bring that up.

5. I've been looking into concubines and after the initial honeymoon stage you would have 5X the nagging and 5X the, "Not tonight, I'm too tired." Maximize by getting a new one every 3 years, like a car lease.

it is going to be difficult to have a conference rival when UCF is not guaranteed to play Cinci or West Virginia every season

Cincy is the closest, the others were good games, but that's about it. Even if we play Cincy every year, you need more to get a rivalry that's more than just playing against each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT